Cop Threatens To Take 2 W/o Baby For No Reason

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
An Ohio police officer recently threatened to take away an interracial couple’s two week old infant during a traffic stop after the couple refused to get out of their car.

Officer Christopher Denny of the City of Sandusky Police Department stopped Kathryn Said after watching her pick up Andre Stockett outside an apartment building on Wednesday.

The Officer ran Said’s driver’s license and confirmed that it was valid.

Stockett began recording the officer when he returned to the car. Officer Denny asked Stockett for his ID and ordered him to step out of the car.

Officer Denny claimed Stockett, a black man, looked like another black man, Jeremy Newell, who was wanted on felony warrants.

“But that’s not me,” Stockett said. Stockett refused to provide an ID saying “I don’t have to ID myself,” insisting that he had done nothing wrong. Ohio law did not require Stockett to provide an ID.

Stockett also refused to get out of the car.

“I’m scared for my life,” Stockett justifiably told Officer Denny, given the recent string of police violence against black men across the country.

Officer Denny brought a K-9 unit to search outside the car, where the couple’s two-week-old infant was also riding.

When Stockett asked Officer Denny what his probable cause was, the officer said Said looked “nervous.”

The officer claimed the dog alerted to the presence of drugs, and Stockett insisted that Denny was “full of sh*t.”

Officer Denny threatened their infant would “go to Children’s Services” if they refused to get out of the car.

“This baby is not about to be taken from me,” Said cried.

The couple eventually got out of the car and were arrested on obstruction charges.

Stockett said he plans to take the case all the way to trial to prove he did nothing wrong.

“It was so unprofessional,” Stockett told the Sandusky Register. “I tried to compose myself as long as I could … My girl takes the baby out of the car, and they search the car seat. I’m sitting in a police car, and I can’t do nothing about that. He’s two weeks old.”

The cop keeps making excuses.

Terrifying what is happening to innocent people.

Video at the link.

Thats why every Black person needs to have an attorney on speed dial or at least know what to say to scare these bitches off. Ask if you are being questioned, detained or arrested and if so can I call my attorney. Give up your ID even though its a fucking insult to have to go through the bullshit. i'm really glad these assholes are getting caught on tape. This is exactly why I stopped carrying my 9mm in my car. I came close to shooting a cop back in the day for pulling me over for no reason.

An Ohio police officer recently threatened to take away an interracial couple’s two week old infant during a traffic stop after the couple refused to get out of their car.

Officer Christopher Denny of the City of Sandusky Police Department stopped Kathryn Said after watching her pick up Andre Stockett outside an apartment building on Wednesday.

The Officer ran Said’s driver’s license and confirmed that it was valid.

Stockett began recording the officer when he returned to the car. Officer Denny asked Stockett for his ID and ordered him to step out of the car.

Officer Denny claimed Stockett, a black man, looked like another black man, Jeremy Newell, who was wanted on felony warrants.

“But that’s not me,” Stockett said. Stockett refused to provide an ID saying “I don’t have to ID myself,” insisting that he had done nothing wrong. Ohio law did not require Stockett to provide an ID.

Stockett also refused to get out of the car.

“I’m scared for my life,” Stockett justifiably told Officer Denny, given the recent string of police violence against black men across the country.

Officer Denny brought a K-9 unit to search outside the car, where the couple’s two-week-old infant was also riding.

When Stockett asked Officer Denny what his probable cause was, the officer said Said looked “nervous.”

The officer claimed the dog alerted to the presence of drugs, and Stockett insisted that Denny was “full of sh*t.”

Officer Denny threatened their infant would “go to Children’s Services” if they refused to get out of the car.

“This baby is not about to be taken from me,” Said cried.

The couple eventually got out of the car and were arrested on obstruction charges.

Stockett said he plans to take the case all the way to trial to prove he did nothing wrong.

“It was so unprofessional,” Stockett told the Sandusky Register. “I tried to compose myself as long as I could … My girl takes the baby out of the car, and they search the car seat. I’m sitting in a police car, and I can’t do nothing about that. He’s two weeks old.”

The cop keeps making excuses.

Terrifying what is happening to innocent people.

Video at the link.

What is the law in that state? I always assumed when I was pulled over officers could ask me to get out of my car and require my ID. Otherwise they would say I matched a description or looked suspicious.

Police Traffic Stops and Vehicle Searches FAQs - FindLaw

This great law site (lol) seems to agree. I really don't know. They say:

"Lastly, if the police want to, they can put you in the back of their patrol car and wait for another officer to show up with a search warrant. By doing this, the officer has the right to do a very thorough search of your vehicle. - See more at: Police Traffic Stops and Vehicle Searches FAQs - FindLaw"

And yeah, if they both managed to get themselves arrested I bet the kid would be given to DFS for the night not towed in the vehicle.

So right now I am siding with the officer. What is the law there?

Forum List

Back