Cornbread

I used to be a proud anglohile

English sports-cars like MG Jaguar and Lotus, Triumph and BSA motorcycles, music by the Beatles and Rolling Stones, and many other influences from the mother country

So don't try pushing me around with your colonial bs
You and I had no involvement with the colonies, nor part of them. History shows the descendants of the British Colonies are labelled Americans. Probably most of us Brits are just Saxons, Vikings etc..

To some, labelling is very important, more so to Americans. Hence the fierce identity politics you guys practice.

If someone said to me, "You're just a Saxon". I would say you're probably right because of history. For UK law, I was born in England, my passport says British.

You and I had no involvement with the colonies, nor part of them. History shows the descendants of the British Colonies are labelled Americans. Probably most of us Brits are just Saxons, Vikings etc..

To some, labelling is very important, more so to Americans. Hence the fierce identity politics you guys practice.

If someone said to me, "You're just a Saxon". I would say you're probably right because of history. For UK law, I was born in England, my passport says British.
In my book a british hating brit is no better than the America haters we grow over here

And I pretty sure you qualify

In my book a british hating brit is no better than the America haters we grow over here

And I pretty sure you qualify
You absolutely do, hands down.

PS - Whenever I'm at my storage unit, I'll dig out my great aunts American passport and post you a photo. We have relatives in Kenly, NC. Went to see early noughties.

Forum List

Back