Coronavirus: French athletes reportedly infected in Wuhan in October

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
France,
While the authorities have just discovered that a man is said to have contracted Covid-19 in France in December 2019, it is possible that some tricolor athletes may have been infected as early as October in Wuhan, China. This is in any case what the modern pentathlon world champion Élodie Clouvel thinks, who was part of this trip on behalf of the World Military Games.
On March 25, the 31-year-old young woman was interviewed by Television Loire 7 about her possible fear of participating in the Tokyo Olympic Games, where the pandemic of new coronavirus was particularly virulent. In this interview, which went unnoticed and spotted on Tuesday May 5, 2020 by our colleagues from Paris, the sportswoman replied in the negative: "No, because I think that with Valentin (Belaud, his companion who is also a pentathlete, Editor's note), we has already had coronavirus, ”says Élodie Clouvel.

1588867642543.png

Many World Military Games athletes have been very ill
“Valentin missed three days of training. I was sick too. [?] I had stuff that I hadn't had before. We weren't more worried than that because we weren't talking about it yet, ”continued the French athlete, according to whom many athletes from the World Military Games (?) Were very sick. Military doctors, who spoke with the young woman recently, also confirmed her fears, believing that it is entirely possible that she suffered from Covid-19.
The words of the sportswoman go in the direction of the statements of another of the 281 other French athletes members of the delegation. The latter assured BFM TV that he "fell ill as did several members of the French delegation" on his return from Wuhan. The World Military Games, which brought together nearly 10,000 athletes representing 100 nations, were contested from October 18 to 27.

Link in French :Covid-19 : des athlètes français contaminés à Wuhan en octobre ?

Forum List

Back