Corporate welfare in action ....

We gave Guatemala $43 million in foreign aid last year and got 10,000 illegal immigrants.
Why spend $20 million on 50 jobs when you can import 200 times that in poverty stricken illegal immigrants for a little over twice as much ... :dunno:

I assume you are against corporate welfare then? Cause it certainly isn't capitalism.
What it being discussed isn't corporate welfare.

I have been discussing corporate welfare. For example the Foxconn deal:

Under the bill, the company would have 15 years to access the maximum $2.85 billion in cash payments tied to meeting the investment and hiring numbers. They can also receive $150 million in sales tax exemptions on construction equipment.

Are you a citizen living in Wisconsin?

Don't see how that matters. Cash payments from the government to a business is clearly corp welfare and against free market capitalism.
no cash payments though. again, it's an investment. stop banging your head against that wall

:bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3:

Don't see how that matters. Cash payments from the government to a business is clearly corp welfare and against free market capitalism.

It matters because if you are not a citizen of Wisconsin, this whole issue is none of your business. It is solely the business Wisconsinites.

Sure I am then.

It is an example of corporate welfare regardless. Cash payments from gov to business. Cute none of your business argument though.
funny, you still haven't a clue what is happening in wisconsin. but you looked foolish trying to get one.

I assume you are against corporate welfare then? Cause it certainly isn't capitalism.

Under the bill, the company would have 15 years to access the maximum $2.85 billion in cash payments tied to meeting the investment and hiring numbers. They can also receive $150 million in sales tax exemptions on construction equipment.

no cash payments though. again, it's an investment. stop banging your head against that wall

Are you always dishonest? It is clearly cash payments. Why do you want government effecting business decisions? They can't handle political decisions.

Are you always dishonest? It is clearly cash payments. Why do you want government effecting business decisions? They can't handle political decisions.
no you didn't read the print of the bill. you're soooooooo hanging out over the cliff here.

When did republicans stray so far from capitalism? No wonder congress is useless.

no you didn't read the print of the bill. you're soooooooo hanging out over the cliff here.

Let's check:

Yep cash payments.

Let's check:

Yep cash payments.
again, you can't read: "The bill approved on a bipartisan 64-31 vote would make $2.85 billion available to Foxconn Technology in cash payments if it invests $10 billion and hires 13,000 workers. The Senate approved the proposal Tuesday."

there is no money being doled out by taxpayers. you're scum making up fake news.

Let's check:

Yep cash payments.
again, you can't read: "The bill approved on a bipartisan 64-31 vote would make $2.85 billion available to Foxconn Technology in cash payments if it invests $10 billion and hires 13,000 workers. The Senate approved the proposal Tuesday."

there is no money being doled out by taxpayers. you're scum making up fake news.

That is exactly what cash payments are. You really are not very smart.

Sure I am then.

It is an example of corporate welfare regardless. Cash payments from gov to business. Cute none of your business argument though.

The "cash payments" are coming from a sovereign state, the state of Wisconsin. If the voters of Wisconsin decides that it is a good business decision to lure a large corporation to their state, how is that your business if you're from West Virginia? It's not your money.

If the rental market was soft here in Tallahassee and I had several units vacant I might offer the first months rent free or perhaps offer a washer and dryer free for the term of the rental. My goal is to lure a tenant away from another rental unit. All part of doing business. Please stop your whining.

Sure I am then.

The "cash payments" are coming from a sovereign state, the state of Wisconsin. If the voters of Wisconsin decides that it is a good business decision to lure a large corporation to their state, how is that your business if you're from West Virginia? It's not your money.

If the rental market was soft here in Tallahassee and I had several units vacant I might offer the first months rent free or perhaps offer a washer and dryer free for the term of the rental. My goal is to lure a tenant away from another rental unit. All part of doing business. Please stop your whining.

So you are not a free market capitalist? Big government guy? Solyndra worked out great? You don't care about tax payers? Tax dollars to foreign companies is ok with you?

Contract carriers.
So you're saying amazon has no fleet?? Hahahaha what a stupid fk you ate

They have a small fleet of trailers that are pulled by contract carriers.
Do they pay taxes?

Road and fuel tax? No.
Sales tax? Very little
Property tax? Very little to none depending on the deals made with locals and States.

Pertaining to the subject of this thread; Free land and a 75% discount on property tax for a company making $136B in revenue! SWEET DEAL!!!!
So are you pissed cause they're the most profitable company today? All the people that do business with them all pay taxes when doing business with them. Taxes are paid because of them and that upsets you. You truly are fking stupid

My portfolio owns Amazon, so I'm far from 'pissed.'

Amazon collects sales tax in all 50 States?

Free land and a 75% discount on property tax for a company making $136B in revenue! SWEET DEAL!!!!

Sure I am then.

I assume you think gov should control wages and production too?

Do they pay taxes?

Road and fuel tax? No.
Sales tax? Very little
Property tax? Very little to none depending on the deals made with locals and States.

Pertaining to the subject of this thread; Free land and a 75% discount on property tax for a company making $136B in revenue! SWEET DEAL!!!!
So are you pissed cause they're the most profitable company today? All the people that do business with them all pay taxes when doing business with them. Taxes are paid because of them and that upsets you. You truly are fking stupid

My portfolio owns Amazon, so I'm far from 'pissed.'

Amazon collects sales tax in all 50 States?

Free land and a 75% discount on property tax for a company making $136B in revenue! SWEET DEAL!!!!

Bad deal for tax payers and anyone competing with Amazon.

Do they pay taxes?

Road and fuel tax? No.
Sales tax? Very little

Still not sure your point. Are you mad cause they got a deal or what?
Sales tax fuel taxes are being paid because of them

Wouldn't it be paid anyway? If one needs the stuff, they're going to buy it somewhere.

Do they pay taxes?

Road and fuel tax? No.
Sales tax? Very little

Are you a communist that you want the government picking which companies are going to do well? Clearly you are not a free market capitalist.

There isn't such a thing as a free market. Never has been, never will be. The free market is an outdated theory.

We already found out capitalism is better than big gov, see the Soviet Union. Get gov out of business.

Do they pay taxes?

Road and fuel tax? No.
Sales tax? Very little

Are you a communist that you want the government picking which companies are going to do well? Clearly you are not a free market capitalist.

There isn't such a thing as a free market. Never has been, never will be. The free market is an outdated theory.

Big gov doing its best to take it away.

Forum List

Back