Cosmos

Flopper

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2010
Washington
In a world where typical budgets for movies are 20 to 100 million, what kind of movie can be produced for $7,000? You might guess a home birthday party or a business picnic but certainly not a commercial movie released to the public. Yet that is what the Elliot and Zander Weaver brothers created, the movie Cosmos that is available free on Prime, Hulu, and Peacock. This is a movie about astronomers doing a routine search of the heavens but what they find is far from routine.

I really enjoyed this low budget film with most of it taking place inside an SUV (presumably parked inside the filmmakers garage) with three excellent unknown actors and an airtight script. This film does not feel cheap at any point. The dialog feels natural and very genuine This is absolutely a character driven film with the characters of Mike, Roy, and Harry being portrayed by 3 very talented actors. Although the story involves first contact with an alien civilization it is ultimately about friendship.

Last edited:
OP had one job.

But yes it was better than it had any right to be

After watching 15 mins, I turned it off thinking it was going to be another low budget flop. The next night I decided to watch the rest of the movie and I was glad I did. As I watched it, I got more involved in the movie. The end of movie was very rewarding, a high speed car chase that kept me on the edge of my seat and a great ending.

This movie proves all you need for a good movie is a good story, script, direction, and performances. Without it you got nothing. Star power, computer graphics, stunts, High Definition, and enhanced sound are just icing on the cake.

In a world where typical budgets for movies are 20 to 100 million, what kind of movie can be produced for $7,000? You might guess a home birthday party or a business picnic but certainly not a commercial movie released to the public. Yet that is what the Elliot and Zander Weaver brothers created, the movie Cosmos that is available free on Prime, Hulu, and Peacock. This is a movie about astronomers doing a routine search of the heavens but what they find is far from routine.

I really enjoyed this low budget film with most of it taking place inside an SUV (presumably parked inside the filmmakers garage) with three excellent unknown actors and an airtight script. This film does not feel cheap at any point. The dialog feels natural and very genuine This is absolutely a character driven film with the characters of Mike, Roy, and Harry being portrayed by 3 very talented actors. Although the story involves first contact with an alien civilization it is ultimately about friendship.
I’ll give it a look see. Appreciate the tip.

Forum List

Back