could Australia supply the West with humanely dug-up materials for electric batteries?

Here's the hole they make in poor Mother Earth to get battery material...

107078148-1655782760288-gettyimages-1280171950-vcg111302565220.jpeg

Here's the hole they make in poor Mother Earth to get oil...

0323-ctm-usoilproduction-933050-640x360.jpg

Which is the one really doing more damage to poor Mother Earth?
ah, but what about oil-spills?

Labor ‘denies’ that Australia is already a ‘nuclear nation’

Labor "denies" that Australia already is a "nuclear nation", according to Shadow Energy Minister Ted O’Brien. “For seven decades, Australians have been at the forefront of nuclear technology, especially when it comes to medicines,” he told Sky News host Amanda Stoker. “With the AUKUS deal, we are going to have our own fleet of nuclear-propelled submarines. “We export uranium, powering nuclear energy plants across the world but none of our own.”

Remote : 2023-04-23(Sunday) 11 : 40 : 14
Local : 2023-04-23(Sunday) 11 : 40 : 14
Found via NicerApp WebOS

this has got me thinking : could Australia supply the West with humanely dug-up materials for electric batteries?
i think that -if viable- this would be far better than getting it from child labor done in Afghanistan under Chinese control.

The expense of mining those materials without cheap child labor would make the cost of EVs more prohibitive than they already are. In 2020, there were an estimated 40,000 children digging cobalt in the Congo. They made between $1 to $2 dollars per day. As of 2023, the average salary for a miner in Australia is $112,960 per year, and as much as $160,000 per year for experienced workers. The fact is, the batteries for EVs rely on cheap child labor. Without that, nobody could really afford one.

In addition to that, the $1-2 dollars per day is feeding those Congolese children and their families. Those who were dependent on that money would probably starve to death.

Start with the elite hypocrites pushing the false green agendas that fly private jets, have multiple homes and consume the resources of a small town.
Until then, it's just empty, meaningless platitudes.

I am more concerned about the microplastics and sheer amout of garbage and refuse that end up in our rivers, lakes and oceans from careless urban dwellers than the ridiculous notion of CO2, essential to life, being labeled an environmental pollutant.
look fella. back before the Industrial Revolution, there were 1 billion people on the planet.
now there's just under 8 billion.

temperatures have risen, sea water levels have risen, as a direct result of that population growth and technological development.
that's a FACT.

and *plenty* of ordinary people (like myself), backed by climatologists *and* green minded politicians, agree that *now* is the time to do something about the environment.

i stand by my argument though. it was climatologists who convinced the public, and the public who convinced part of the political elites, into supporting climate improving measures.
Explain exactly what Earths ideal climate should be.
It seems you folks are arguing for a static Earth that benefits shortsighted humans who stupidly develop in historically flood prone regions.

The expense of mining those materials without cheap child labor would make the cost of EVs more prohibitive than they already are. In 2020, there were an estimated 40,000 children digging cobalt in the Congo. They made between $1 to $2 dollars per day. As of 2023, the average salary for a miner in Australia is $112,960 per year, and as much as $160,000 per year for experienced workers. The fact is, the batteries for EVs rely on cheap child labor. Without that, nobody could really afford one.

In addition to that, the $1-2 dollars per day is feeding those Congolese children and their families. Those who were dependent on that money would probably starve to death.
well, simple. automate the heck out of the digging process.
CATERPILLAR TO THE RESCUE! :D

i stand by my argument though. it was climatologists who convinced the public, and the public who convinced part of the political elites, into supporting climate improving measures.

Humanity will blow itself off the face of the Earth long before it does any kind of permanent damage.

Especially with this window licker egging on a nuclear war...

1682258314285.jpeg

And the Earth will get along just fine without us.

Did you know that roughly 90 something percent of every species that ever lived on Earth is extinct?

Explain exactly what Earths ideal climate should be.
cooler than it is today, with more rain.

It seems you folks are arguing for a static Earth that benefits shortsighted humans who stupidly develop in historically flood prone regions.
well we should move our cities to higher elevations (i know, another big project).
and our industries along with it.

the shores and rivers should be left as holiday spots, to be evacuated in the event of massive rains / storms.

well, simple. automate the heck out of the digging process.
CATERPILLAR TO THE RESCUE! :D

So you get EV batteries for the same price they are now, and hundreds of thousands of children and slave laborers across the world who previously dug lithium, nickel, cobalt, manganese and graphite, would just collect unemployment checks?

:laughing0301:

Humanity will blow itself off the face of the Earth long before it does any kind of permanent damage.

Especially with this window licker egging on a nuclear war...

View attachment 778790

And the Earth will get along just fine without us.

Did you know that roughly 90 something percent of every species that ever lived on Earth is extinct?
you wanna give up on your own species?!

I read a line the other day that got me chuckling. But I forget exactly what it was about.

I roughly recall someone saying that whatever it was that was being discussed would generate about as much pollution as all of the planes coming in for a climate convention.

Heh heh..

So you get EV batteries for the same price they are now, and hundreds of thousands of children and slave laborers across the world who previously dug lithium, nickel, cobalt, manganese and graphite, would just collect unemployment checks?

:laughing0301:
let 'm create bread for themselves, art for the international markets, become IT professionals.
there's plenty of non-slave-labor jobs that are *also* needed, if we can get rid of this "need" for dirty slave labor!

cooler than it is today, with more rain
Screw that.
I just lived through one of the worst winters in years.
I want palm trees on the shores of Lake Superior, not the 10 feet of snow we got.

Warm this bitch up.

let 'm create bread for themselves, art for the international markets, become IT professionals.
there's plenty of non-slave-labor jobs that are *also* needed, if we can get rid of this "need" for dirty slave labor!

How typical of the left.

stop.jpg

and i'm sorry you're too much of an ostrich with his head in the sands of history to have a proper discussion with.
let's agree to disagree, shall we?
Sure. I've got no problem minding my business as long as you mind your own.

You can go as green as you want & I will continue to use fossil fuels, raise cattle, eat what I want. go on long trips & generally ignore the nonsense coming from the greenies.

We can agree on that right?

Sure. I've got no problem minding my business as long as you mind your own.

You can go as green as you want & I will continue to use fossil fuels, raise cattle, eat what I want. go on long trips & generally ignore the nonsense coming from the greenies.

We can agree on that right?
yeah, we can.

Forum List

Back