Covid-19 Hits Close to Home

No, that is now how emergency systems and preparedness works
Actually that's how A LOT of our systems work. You're just young and uninformed

No it isn't. I'm not young, and I have been certified and helped develop CIM (Critical Incident Management) plans. You don't just write plans and get rid of all the people essential in putting those plans into action. I'm sorry there Gramps but you are talking out your ass.

Just got an email from my university in Kentucky that classes for next week are canceled, and that all classes are moved online until at least April 3rd, at which time they will have made a decision on what to do the rest of the semester. They are also asking that all students move out of the dorms for now unless they do not have any other housing options. It's pretty difficult to get the full college experience and proper education from certain classes like Criminological Theory, when some are extremely complex and require class discussion and asking questions. They have said they really want to finish this semester and not hold students back. This comes just a couple days since Berea College canceled the semester, citing that too many students that attend there are too poor to have internet at home to just move the remainder of classes online. That would really suck.

I live at ground zero for the virus in America.

The first person to be diagnosed with it in America lived 10 miles from where I live.

The first American to die from the virus was 10 miles from where I live.

I got an email the other day that a board meeting I was supposed to attend has been canceled and is hoping to be held in April.

The streets here are nearly bare. The freeways are nearly bare.

It's impossible to buy hand sanitizer to the point that I was at Best Buy yesterday, they had to put the hand sanitizer in a lock sensor because people kept stealing it. Stores have signs on the doors saying they have no hand sanitizer and don't know when they will. Stores are limiting the number of cleaning supplies a person can buy at one time.

Everyone is going to be touched by this.

No it isn't. I'm not young, and I have been certified and helped develop CIM (Critical Incident Management) plans. You don't just write plans and get rid of all the people essential in putting those plans into action. I'm sorry there Gramps but you are talking out your ass.
Wrong

The hierarchy is still intact at the CDC.
The loss of some specific employees is intended to make institutions more efficient and cut bloat.

Talking points put out by political rivals don't change that fact.

That is ridiculous...

The government shutdown spotlights a bigger issue: 78% of US workers live paycheck to paycheck

78% Of Workers Live Paycheck To Paycheck

This doesn't even take into account the number of people that have $1,000 or less in their savings/checking.
Number one....That's a story from over a year ago when we were still digging out from the Obama recession....Number two its an opinion not a researched study....I don't care what you Trump haters say or what you find to copy and paste from the web...people are better off today than they were 3 years ago....

If you think the number of people living paycheck t paycheck changed under Trump, you are delusional. He's done nothing to change that, and in fact the earning gap has GROWN not shrunk.

"This reflects just how many Americans are living paycheck to paycheck.

Depending on the survey, that figure runs from half of workers making under $50,000 (according to Nielsen data) to 74% of all employees (per recent reports from both the American Payroll Association and the National Endowment for Financial Education.) And almost three in 10 adults have no emergency savings at all, according to Bankrate’s latest Financial Security Index."

A shocking number of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck

80% of US Workers Are Living Paycheck to Paycheck

It is a COLD HARD FACT that people earn relative to inflation, LESS than people made in the 1950's.

PolitiFact - Is the minimum wage worth less now than 50 years ago?
Bull. The lower income have profited more than any others. Even nbc admits it-
Workers at the lower end of the pay scale finally are getting the most benefit from rising wages
gs%20jobs.1552490435586.JPG

That's a 2019 article and I just posted new ones. So "even NBC" who you don't believe on any other news is suddenly credible when you find an article you like? That's totally the opposite of responsible news.
Honey, you are so wrong. I already researched your links before when you pulled this awhile back. Unless you claim their wage gains have gone backwards...
Dec, 2019
Low-wage workers are getting bigger raises than bosses
  • The 25% lowest-paid Americans enjoyed a 4.5% income boost in November.
  • That outpaced a 2.9% gain in earnings for the country's highest-paid workers.
  • Low-wage workers are benefiting from higher minimum wages and corporations that are increasing entry-level pay.
upload_2020-3-11_20-1-42.png

Exhibit 8 shows that our wage growth tracker has risen to 3.3% over the last year, and wage growth at the more cyclically-sensitive lower end of the income distribution has been even stronger.
https://www.goldmansachs.com/insights/pages/outlook-2020-f/US/report.pdf

Wrong

The loss of some specific employees is intended to make institutions more efficient and cut bloat.

You continue to talk out your ass. When you have several agencies having to work together, not just at the upper-levels, it is extremely important to have cross-training and mock events to not only make sure people are well-trained in hands-on situations, but to also make sure the plans are still viable and not flawed do to an ever changing environment and technology. Just stop, you don't have a clue about what you are talking about.

The government shutdown spotlights a bigger issue: 78% of US workers live paycheck to paycheck

78% Of Workers Live Paycheck To Paycheck

This doesn't even take into account the number of people that have $1,000 or less in their savings/checking.
Number one....That's a story from over a year ago when we were still digging out from the Obama recession....Number two its an opinion not a researched study....I don't care what you Trump haters say or what you find to copy and paste from the web...people are better off today than they were 3 years ago....

If you think the number of people living paycheck t paycheck changed under Trump, you are delusional. He's done nothing to change that, and in fact the earning gap has GROWN not shrunk.

Depending on the survey, that figure runs from half of workers making under $50,000 (according to Nielsen data) to 74% of all employees (per recent reports from both the American Payroll Association and the National Endowment for Financial Education.) And almost three in 10 adults have no emergency savings at all, according to Bankrate’s latest Financial Security Index."

It is a COLD HARD FACT that people earn relative to inflation, LESS than people made in the 1950's.

Workers at the lower end of the pay scale finally are getting the most benefit from rising wages

That's a 2019 article and I just posted new ones. So "even NBC" who you don't believe on any other news is suddenly credible when you find an article you like? That's totally the opposite of responsible news.
Honey, you are so wrong. I already researched your links before when you pulled this awhile back. Unless you claim their wage gains have gone backwards...
Dec, 2019
  • Low-wage workers are benefiting from higher minimum wages and corporations that are increasing entry-level pay.
View attachment 311857

Exhibit 8 shows that our wage growth tracker has risen to 3.3% over the last year, and wage growth at the more cyclically-sensitive lower end of the income distribution has been even stronger.

Honey I didn't post those awhile back. The federal minimum wage has not changed in a decade. You seem to have problems reading links.

Wrong

You continue to talk out your ass. When you have several agencies having to work together, not just at the upper-levels, it is extremely important to have cross-training and mock events to not only make sure people are well-trained in hands-on situations, but to also make sure the plans are still viable and not flawed do to an ever changing environment and technology. Just stop, you don't have a clue about what you are talking about.
The only one talking out of order is YOU.

You are not part of the CDC and have no idea how or why they run things the way they do. Not a

You have the leftist media and politicians screaming in your ear with their platitudes and talking points. That's it.

Dec, 2019
View attachment 311857

Honey I didn't post those awhile back. The federal minimum wage has not changed in a decade. You seem to have problems reading links.
Well, someone else did, the very same links.

Wrong

You are not part of the CDC and have no idea how or why they run things the way they do. Not a

You have the leftist media and politicians screaming in your ear with their platitudes and talking points. That's it.

I don't need to be part of the CDC to know how emergency management works. It is based on a formula of creating plans and maintaining preparedness. If I have an issue with a clogged toilet or a busted pipe in my shower I'll give you a call, but on this subject you don't know jack shit.

Wrong

I don't need to be part of the CDC to know how emergency management works. It is based on a formula of creating plans and maintaining preparedness. If I have an issue with a clogged toilet or a busted pipe in my shower I'll give you a call, but on this subject you don't know jack shit.
I clearly know enough to not buy leftist propaganda. And as stated you have NO IDEA if the CDC was prepared or not. You have no idea if there were things they could have done but were prevented from doing.
YOU
KNOW
NOTHING

Stupid kids

Just got an email from my university in Kentucky that classes for next week are canceled, and that all classes are moved online until at least April 3rd, at which time they will have made a decision on what to do the rest of the semester. They are also asking that all students move out of the dorms for now unless they do not have any other housing options. It's pretty difficult to get the full college experience and proper education from certain classes like Criminological Theory, when some are extremely complex and require class discussion and asking questions. They have said they really want to finish this semester and not hold students back. This comes just a couple days since Berea College canceled the semester, citing that too many students that attend there are too poor to have internet at home to just move the remainder of classes online. That would really suck.

That suks Lew.

Harvard did that too I believe. Told them not to come back from break there will be online classes.

Saw one case at Cynthiana walmart the other day.

Pretty stupid to make young people do that. So far the virus doesn’t effect them nearly as much.

When a REAL pandemic hits Lewdog will be filling out paperwork begging for help while I'm the one thriving because I have REAL LIFE SKILLS

I'm seeing several universities, at least the ones I work with, putting seminars on hold the same way. It's already impacting my income.

Wait until you dumb asses are put on lock down TOLD YAH!!!!!!
GAWD DAM that's ----n great SEE HOW KARMA FINDS YOU PRICKS.

LOL u laughed at me and that pos control freak -----who said There are NO EMPTY STORE SHELVES omfg you losers have NOT SEE a fkn thing yet bahah

I started posting stuff on this and got. GAWD DAM BANNED OVER IT!!!!

lol it's a coming better go shopping for more than a week dumb ass.

upload_2020-3-11_17-32-52.jpeg

Last edited:
Wrong

I clearly know enough to not buy leftist propaganda. And as stated you have NO IDEA if the CDC was prepared or not. You have no idea if there were things they could have done but were prevented from doing.
YOU
KNOW
NOTHING

Stupid kids

Oh, I didn't know diseases had political affiliations!? Thanks for the ignorant info. Trump shook hands with someone infected with the virus, then lied about it despite there being a picture of it at the CPAC conference, refused to be tested, and then went on to go to a rally and shake hands with tons of people. Yes, feel free to think it is all a ruse.

Pretty stupid to make young people do that. So far the virus doesn’t effect them nearly as much.

It isn't just about the people getting sick... Jesus. Just because someone doesn't get mortally ill doesn't mean they can't be a carrier of the active virus and pass it on to others who may be very susceptible to it. That's why it is called a pandemic.

Wrong

YOU
KNOW
NOTHING

Stupid kids

Oh, I didn't know diseases had political affiliations!? Thanks for the ignorant info. Trump shook hands with someone infected with the virus, then lied about it despite there being a picture of it at the CPAC conference, refused to be tested, and then went on to go to a rally and shake hands with tons of people. Yes, feel free to think it is all a ruse.
That has NOTHING to do with what I said lol.

Desperate buffoon

You keep filling out paperwork and paying REAL MEN to do lifes real work for you.

Kiddo

Oh wait until that a.h " TAKE A KNEE" ( football games)( sports events)
sports freaks can't go to the games they are cancelling sports events every where and guess what this crap is NOT over and it won't be over anytime soon lefty loons.

It isn't just about the people getting sick... Jesus. Just because someone doesn't get mortally ill doesn't mean they can't be a carrier of the active virus and pass it on to others who may be very susceptible to it. That's why it is called a pandemic.

Yes, I know they can spread it, the point is they won’t get sick. So why send them all home? The people that are “very susceptible” are the ones that need to stay home.

YOU
KNOW
NOTHING

Stupid kids

That has NOTHING to do with what I said lol.

Desperate buffoon

You keep filling out paperwork and paying REAL MEN to do lifes real work for you.

Kiddo

Yes, you are so intelligent to attack having a plan during an emergency. Preparedness does not just involve paperwork, it involves HANDS ON training. Of course you don't read all of the posts. Here let me try to put this in terms even you can understand.

The KC Chiefs won the Super Bowl this year. Let's say they did like Trump and after the parade sent all the players and coaches home and no one practiced for an entire year, no new players were signed, and the coaches didn't change anything in the game plan. Also during the year following the Super Bowl, their opponent signed better players, watched all of the Chiefs' plays and formations for the entire season, the coaches drew up formations and play calls to stop them, and the players practiced together to adapt to the new game plan. After the year went by the two teams played, do you expect the Chiefs to still be as good against their opponent than a year ago? No... they wouldn't be.

Forum List

Back