Crank it up to 11 and break the knob off!

This is the first song I recorded when I moved here, from NY. I had to begin again, with my new keyboards. This is "I Have To Begin Again", by u know who....

What a coincidence. I'm also a keyboardist formerly from NY...and when I moved HEREI started recording in my own lite studio. I have more of a jam and classic or prog rock -oriented style. I been here about 15 years now...and like 40 keyboards later. My current lineup is a Yamaha MX61, Yamaha CP30 analog piano, Korg Prophecy, Behringer Odyssey, Yamaha TG500, Teenage Engineering "Tonic" drum machine, and a Sonicware-Liven 4-op FM synth and groove box.

I also have an old Yamaha SY99 and a Kawai K5000 synths, both in need of repair.

Are you familiar with Bill Perry, the southern NY blues guitarist who died in 2007? He was an acquaintance of mine and we jammed a few times. I actually used to serve him fish when I worked in a grocery store there. Bill died on my last day in New York. It was on the front page of the local newspaper, the times herald record. I knew that my 36 year stint in New York had officially come to an end and a whole new era was about to begin. Bill Perry has continued to inspire me all these 15 years later.

Last edited:
What a coincidence. I'm also a keyboardist formerly from NY...and when I moved HEREI started recording in my own lite studio. I have more of a jam and classic or prog rock -oriented style. I been here about 15 years now...and like 40 keyboards later. My current lineup is a Yamaha MX61, Yamaha CP30 analog piano, Korg Prophecy, Behringer Odyssey, Yamaha TG500, Teenage Engineering "Tonic" drum machine, and a Sonicware-Liven 4-op FM synth and groove box.

I also have an old Yamaha SY99 and a Kawai K5000 synths, both in need of repair.

Are you familiar with Bill Perry, the southern NY blues guitarist who died in 2007? He was an acquaintance of mine and we jammed a few times. I actually used to serve him fish when I worked in a grocery store there.
I left behind a baby grand, and I got a Yamaha DGX. I'm saving up for a Clavinova one of these days.

How do you play so many keyboards at once? Or is it just a display?

Shite, you may as well have a friggin Wurlitzer in there!

(that's bucket list stuff)

1660648054349.png

You need two to three rooms for that many keyboards, unlesss they're stacked on top of each other.

Are you looking to sell any? Maybe the Korg?

Forum List

Back