Current Nice Attack Update PrePlanned and Others Involved

depotoo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2012
Attack In Nice: Suspect Had Help From Accomplices, Planned Ahead
Turns out it was preplanned and he had a number of people involved-

One week after a terrorist drove a truck through Bastille Day fireworks onlookers in Nice, France, French officials now say the attacker had been preparing for months.

"This was a premeditated act by Mr. Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bouhlel. ... He enjoyed the support and the complicity of several people in the preparation and perpetration of this criminal act," Paris prosecutor François Molins said in a press conference Thursday.

The accomplices include French and Tunisian citizens and an Albanian couple,

I know its probably a French thing but that "He enjoyed..."
just upsets me to no end. Here it might be used within a prosecution but don't I see it mentioned in articles really.

I had no idea an additional 300+ were injured.

Also, from france24-
This sick you know what involved filmed the aftermath.
Suspect films the scene post-attack

In one chilling turn of events, Molins said that one of the suspects, a Tunisian named Mohamed Oualid G., had filmed the scene of the crime the day after the carnage, as it crawled with paramedics and journalists.

Nice truck killer had support, accomplices for carefully planned attack - France 24

When did Albania become a Muslim nation?

>>According to 2011 census, 58.79% of Albania adheres to Islam, making it the largest religion in the country. The majority of Albanian Muslims are secular Sunni with a significant Bektashi Shia minority. Christianity is practiced by 16.99% of thepopulation, making it the 2nd largest religion in the country.<<

Thanks for that update, aris2chat. I tried to find a date on the cia info and couldn't.

>>According to 2011 census, 58.79% of Albania adheres to Islam, making it the largest religion in the country. The majority of Albanian Muslims are secular Sunni with a significant Bektashi Shia minority. Christianity is practiced by 16.99% of thepopulation, making it the 2nd largest religion in the country.<<

Thanks for that update, aris2chat. I tried to find a date on the cia info and couldn't.

Albania - 2016, CIA World Factbook
The World Factbook

It's hard to take that nation seriously. It's like Elbonia in the Dilbert cartoons, you laugh just hearing the name.

>>Albania derives from the same Indo-European source as the name of the Alps, which also appears in the Scottish "Albainn", for "highlands". Alternatively, "Albania" may derive from the ancient Indo-European root *albho, meaning "white", which also gave the name Albion, the ancient name of England.

The first known occurance of the word Albanoi as the name of an Illyrian tribe in what is now north-central Albania goes back to 130 AD, in a work of Ptolemy. Albanopolis of the Albani is a place located on the map of Ptolemy and also named on an ancient family epitaph at Scupi (near Skopje) , which has been identified with the Zg�rdhesh hill-fort near Kruja in northern Albania. Arbanon is likely to be the name of a district - the plain of the Mat has been suggested - rather than a particular place. An indication of movement from higher altitudes in a much earlier period has been detected in the distribution of place-names ending in -esh that appears to derive from the latin -enisis or -esis, between the Shkumbin and the Mat rivers, with a concentration between Elbasan and Kruja.

The term "Albanoi" may have been slowly spread to other Illyrian tribes until its usage became universal among all the Albanian people. According to the Albanian scholar Fa�k bey Konitza, the term "Albania" did not displace "Illyria" completely until the end of the fourteenth century. The word "Alba" or "Arba" seems to be connected with the town Arba (modern Rab, Croatia), in prehistoric times inhabited by the semi-Illyrian Liburnians, first mentioned in 360 BC.

Approximately a millennium later, some Byzantine writers used the words "Albanon" and "Arbanon" to indicate the region of Kruja. Under the Angevine rulers, in the 13th century, the names "Albania" and "Albanenses" indicated the whole country and all the population, as is demonstrated by the works of many ancient Albanian writers such as Budi, Blanco and Bogdano. We first learn of Albanians in their native land as the Arbanites of Arbanon in Anna Comnenas' account (Alexiad 4) of the troubles in that region caused by the Normans during the reign of her father Alexius I Comneus (1081-1118). In the History written in 1079-1080, Byzantine historian Michael Attaliates was first to refer to the Albanoi as having taken part in a revolt against Constantinople in 1043 and to the Arbanitai as subjects of the duke of Dyrrachium. <<

Older than the name America

The World Factbook
Here was the site link I had used. Thanks for that.

Albania - 2016, CIA World Factbook
The World Factbook

It's hard to take that nation seriously. It's like Elbonia in the Dilbert cartoons, you laugh just hearing the name.

>>Albania derives from the same Indo-European source as the name of the Alps, which also appears in the Scottish "Albainn", for "highlands". Alternatively, "Albania" may derive from the ancient Indo-European root *albho, meaning "white", which also gave the name Albion, the ancient name of England.

The first known occurance of the word Albanoi as the name of an Illyrian tribe in what is now north-central Albania goes back to 130 AD, in a work of Ptolemy. Albanopolis of the Albani is a place located on the map of Ptolemy and also named on an ancient family epitaph at Scupi (near Skopje) , which has been identified with the Zg�rdhesh hill-fort near Kruja in northern Albania. Arbanon is likely to be the name of a district - the plain of the Mat has been suggested - rather than a particular place. An indication of movement from higher altitudes in a much earlier period has been detected in the distribution of place-names ending in -esh that appears to derive from the latin -enisis or -esis, between the Shkumbin and the Mat rivers, with a concentration between Elbasan and Kruja.

The term "Albanoi" may have been slowly spread to other Illyrian tribes until its usage became universal among all the Albanian people. According to the Albanian scholar Fa�k bey Konitza, the term "Albania" did not displace "Illyria" completely until the end of the fourteenth century. The word "Alba" or "Arba" seems to be connected with the town Arba (modern Rab, Croatia), in prehistoric times inhabited by the semi-Illyrian Liburnians, first mentioned in 360 BC.

Approximately a millennium later, some Byzantine writers used the words "Albanon" and "Arbanon" to indicate the region of Kruja. Under the Angevine rulers, in the 13th century, the names "Albania" and "Albanenses" indicated the whole country and all the population, as is demonstrated by the works of many ancient Albanian writers such as Budi, Blanco and Bogdano. We first learn of Albanians in their native land as the Arbanites of Arbanon in Anna Comnenas' account (Alexiad 4) of the troubles in that region caused by the Normans during the reign of her father Alexius I Comneus (1081-1118). In the History written in 1079-1080, Byzantine historian Michael Attaliates was first to refer to the Albanoi as having taken part in a revolt against Constantinople in 1043 and to the Arbanitai as subjects of the duke of Dyrrachium. <<

I should hope so since Amerigo Vespucci lived during the 15th and 16th century...

Sorry. I keep laughing every time I hear the name. I always hear it as Elbonia.

I should hope so since Amerigo Vespucci lived during the 15th and 16th century...
You are such a nerd for knowing that! :biggrin:

You are such a nerd for knowing that! :biggrin:
yet when meeting a woman I was attracted to, I couldn't remember her name 5 minutes after she told me...

Elbonians
latest

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Forum List

Back