Damn Global warming.

Al Gore profited from his political notoriety, and has exploited a nonsense, inflammatory climate theory to bring himself notoriety and wealth. He has taken credit for things he had nothing to do with and refused to acknowledge the folly of his statements, even when they are proven wrong - last time I checked, nobody was riding SeaDoo's at the North Pole.

He probably hasn't done anything illegal, but as a human being he is a large, stinking pile of offal. It is a huge black mark on the American public that he won the "popular majority" in Y2K.

Significantly more than half of all Americans thought he was good enough to be the president of the United States. Where does that place YOUR position on the political spectrum?

And who's smarter: The fellow who says this graph is headed for a volume of zero or those - like you - who say it isn't?

BPIOMASIceVolumeAnomalyCurrentV2.1.png

Last edited:
You ignore the fact that he will lose millions if the world does not follow his advice.

Do you believe he should have been prohibited from investing his own money wherever he pleased? Do you have any evidence that he did anything illegal in this regard while in office? Has ANYONE ever presented evidence that he violated the law in this regard? If you're simply pissed off that he made more money than you, then get a life. Lot's of people made more money than you. For the most part, they did so because they're smarter than you are.

You would think that if there was such a worry he wouldn't have bought this....:eusa_whistle: And what is that I see in the background from his pool? Oh yeah...it's the OCEAN! You would think that if there was a genuine concern he wouldn't have bought beach front property. But, hey I guess I am interested in facts rather than fairy tales.

1) That answered none of my queries. Makes me think that despite your innuendo, the Vice President Gore has done nothing illegal.
2) That house is probably 50-100 TIMES as high above sea level as is mine.

I never said he had done anything illegal. I merely pointed out that his property is ON THE BEACH. If he had a concern over the crap he was spewing he most certainly wouldn't have bought that property. Nor would the Maldives have invested hundreds of millions of dollars to build four new international airports. If those islands are going underwater as soon as they claim there is NO way that the investment could be paid back.

If anyone needs the slightest bit of evidence that sea level rise is a non-issue it is those airports.

Why shouldn't he buy that property? Do you have some quote from him encouraging the public to stay away from ocean front real estate?

And how high is that property above MSL? From the photo I'd guess a good 200 feet or more. So, tell me again why he should not have bought that property.

And how high is that property above MSL? From the photo I'd guess a good 200 feet or more. So, tell me again why he should not have bought that property.

Because the GORON wants everyone else located near the shore to lose their insurance and VACATE -- but HE has 800 feet of god-given dispensation on his cliff-dwelling home.. It is a might hypocritical...

As most coastal states prepare plans to DE-POPULATE their coasts -- Al Gore has staked his claim..

Coastal cities and climate change: You?re going to get wet | The Economist

Last year Congress required the insurance subsidy that the federal government has long offered to householders who live and build on flood plains to be phased out. Such subsidies, in effect, pay people to live in dangerous places.

A region’s preparedness depends in part on how seriously its leaders take climate change. Proactively minded cities have joined forces; New York and ten others are among the 61 cities around the world that, in partnership with the Clinton Climate Initiative, share plans and information to reduce greenhouse-gas emissions and adapt to a changing climate. In Florida, four of the southernmost counties—which include the state’s three most-populous ones, accounting for more than a quarter of its total population—have formed the Southeast Florida Regional Climate Change Compact. These counties share data, work together on legislation and seek funding in concert.

Unfortunately for the Goron -- the only way IN or OUT of Montecito is the PCHighway.. Which could disconnect at any one of dozens of places between Santa Barbara and Ventura -- leaving him as isolated as Tom Hanks with a Fed Ex pkg on an island..

Surely -- the local shared helipad is his escape plan...

Where is Al Gore and company to remind us that global warming was going to increase the number of storms, increase the level of storms and be very deadly for the US?

Ooh, Gore Derangement Syndrome in the OP!

Hence, Gore Rule invoked. Whosoever mentions Gore first is classified as a whiny little bitch and forfeits the thread for his side.

The highest bluffs in Montecito are around 50 feet. Good luck with your estimate there.

Here's a view from the Biltmore (they have a wonderful Sunday Brunch BTW!), the bluffs there are the same as the ones behind the picture taker. If the ocean were to rise as high as Gore says, the ocean will rip those bluffs apart in a few years at best.

No, by his buying the property he was merely confirming that there is ZERO chance of what he is predicting occurring. Thanks for playing, but once again you fail mr. "ocean engineer".

fourseasonscoral.jpeg

Where is Al Gore and company to remind us that global warming was going to increase the number of storms, increase the level of storms and be very deadly for the US?

Ooh, Gore Derangement Syndrome in the OP!

Hence, Gore Rule invoked. Whosoever mentions Gore first is classified as a whiny little bitch and forfeits the thread for his side.

Epic fail, but nice try. His actions are EVIDENCE admiral. You know what evidence is...right?:lol:

Because the GORON wants everyone else located near the shore to lose their insurance and VACATE -- but HE has 800 feet of god-given dispensation on his cliff-dwelling home.. It is a might hypocritical...

As most coastal states prepare plans to DE-POPULATE their coasts -- Al Gore has staked his claim..

Coastal cities and climate change: You?re going to get wet | The Economist

Last year Congress required the insurance subsidy that the federal government has long offered to householders who live and build on flood plains to be phased out. Such subsidies, in effect, pay people to live in dangerous places.

A region’s preparedness depends in part on how seriously its leaders take climate change. Proactively minded cities have joined forces; New York and ten others are among the 61 cities around the world that, in partnership with the Clinton Climate Initiative, share plans and information to reduce greenhouse-gas emissions and adapt to a changing climate. In Florida, four of the southernmost counties—which include the state’s three most-populous ones, accounting for more than a quarter of its total population—have formed the Southeast Florida Regional Climate Change Compact. These counties share data, work together on legislation and seek funding in concert.

Unfortunately for the Goron -- the only way IN or OUT of Montecito is the PCHighway.. Which could disconnect at any one of dozens of places between Santa Barbara and Ventura -- leaving him as isolated as Tom Hanks with a Fed Ex pkg on an island..

Surely -- the local shared helipad is his escape plan...

Not entirely true, Highway 150 runs behind Montecito and Carpinteria and in a worst case scenario they could hit Ojai and then take Highway 33 up over the Coast Range and hit Lockwood Valley Road and take that to Frazier Park and then hit Interstate 5 just the other side of the Grapevine.

I led a couple of Summer Field programs in that area about 40 years ago.

Westwall, if you aren't just making it all up, could you show us where Gore supposedly claimed a great sea level rise in his own lifetime?

I warn you, that's going to be tricky, given no such thing happened. The closest thing you'll find is Gore saying, in the movie, without specifying a time frame, that all of Greenland melting would cause a 20 ft sea level rise.

The point? Gore isn't a hypocrite. The people with GDS are just lying about what Gore supposedly said.

Westwall, if you aren't just making it all up, could you show us where Gore supposedly claimed a great sea level rise in his own lifetime?

I warn you, that's going to be tricky, given no such thing happened. The closest thing you'll find is Gore saying, in the movie, without specifying a time frame, that all of Greenland melting would cause a 20 ft sea level rise.

The point? Gore isn't a hypocrite. The people with GDS are just lying about what Gore supposedly said.

You're such an ignorant twat....you make it way too easy to crush you you know that....admiral:lol:

Here's one of MANY! Knock yourself out you old seadog you!:lol:

“Gore said if Greenland and West Antarctica, made up of massive ice sheets, were to melt it could increase sea levels by 6-7 metres, speaking in the heart of an oil-rich region not known for its regard for the environment.”

"Greenland and West Antarctica are such massive amounts of ice each one of would lead to a six to seven metre increase in sea level if it were to melt. And both West Antarctica and Greenland are beginning to melt," he said.

Blog: Correction: Gore Did Not Predict 220 Foot Sea Level Rise in 10 years

English isn't your native tongue, is it.

If I say something along the lines of "If A, then B", have I predicted that A will take place? No.

You fail. Mamooth PWNS.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back