Damn Global warming.

And how high is that property above MSL? From the photo I'd guess a good 200 feet or more. So, tell me again why he should not have bought that property.

Because the GORON wants everyone else located near the shore to lose their insurance and VACATE -- but HE has 800 feet of god-given dispensation on his cliff-dwelling home.. It is a might hypocritical...

As most coastal states prepare plans to DE-POPULATE their coasts -- Al Gore has staked his claim..

Coastal cities and climate change: You?re going to get wet | The Economist

Last year Congress required the insurance subsidy that the federal government has long offered to householders who live and build on flood plains to be phased out. Such subsidies, in effect, pay people to live in dangerous places.

A region’s preparedness depends in part on how seriously its leaders take climate change. Proactively minded cities have joined forces; New York and ten others are among the 61 cities around the world that, in partnership with the Clinton Climate Initiative, share plans and information to reduce greenhouse-gas emissions and adapt to a changing climate. In Florida, four of the southernmost counties—which include the state’s three most-populous ones, accounting for more than a quarter of its total population—have formed the Southeast Florida Regional Climate Change Compact. These counties share data, work together on legislation and seek funding in concert.

Unfortunately for the Goron -- the only way IN or OUT of Montecito is the PCHighway.. Which could disconnect at any one of dozens of places between Santa Barbara and Ventura -- leaving him as isolated as Tom Hanks with a Fed Ex pkg on an island..

Surely -- the local shared helipad is his escape plan...

Not entirely true, Highway 150 runs behind Montecito and Carpinteria and in a worst case scenario they could hit Ojai and then take Highway 33 up over the Coast Range and hit Lockwood Valley Road and take that to Frazier Park and then hit Interstate 5 just the other side of the Grapevine.

I led a couple of Summer Field programs in that area about 40 years ago.

Yeah -- that kind of safari is a real expedition. Bit far to go to get your Volvo serviced in Ventura.. Everytime I tried those coastal range backroads, I swore it would never happen again.. I can't imagine a round trip in a day to Santa Barbara or Ventura without camping out in the Nat. Forest on the way home..

:D

English isn't your native tongue, is it.

If I say something along the lines of "If A, then B", have I predicted that A will take place? No.

You fail. Mamooth PWNS.

Sure he does. You keep saying that silly person. I am sure it helps put you to sleep at night!:lol:

Westwall, if you aren't just making it all up, could you show us where Gore supposedly claimed a great sea level rise in his own lifetime?

I warn you, that's going to be tricky, given no such thing happened. The closest thing you'll find is Gore saying, in the movie, without specifying a time frame, that all of Greenland melting would cause a 20 ft sea level rise.

The point? Gore isn't a hypocrite. The people with GDS are just lying about what Gore supposedly said.

Have they not proclaimed that last year and again this year that the North pole will be ice free? That within a few years all the ice from Greenland will be gone?

Westwall, if you aren't just making it all up, could you show us where Gore supposedly claimed a great sea level rise in his own lifetime?

I warn you, that's going to be tricky, given no such thing happened. The closest thing you'll find is Gore saying, in the movie, without specifying a time frame, that all of Greenland melting would cause a 20 ft sea level rise.

The point? Gore isn't a hypocrite. The people with GDS are just lying about what Gore supposedly said.

He made predictions regarding sea level rise...do you suppose he means that the predicted rise won't start till after his lifetime? When does the rise supposedly begin if it is to reach the levels he predicted over the next century?

Here is an article by algore where he states sea levels in Bangladesh could rise by 1 meter by 2050. When is that deluge scheduled to start?

Al Gore on the Story of Rising Seas: From Antarctica to Bangladesh | ThinkProgress

As to the 20 foot rise, he predicted it in the "near future" what time frame might that be?

I guess you are admitting that he is just a hand waving hysteric spreading the promise of disaster without getting specific. Kind of like fundamentalist apocolyptic preachers.

Last year, no major Atlantic hurricanes for first time since the 90's. This year no major tornadoes this late in the year for the first time on record, third consecutive year below avg.

2014 Strongest-Rated Tornado Activity in U.S. Off To Record Slow Start | Weather Underground

Extreme weather getting extremely rare these days

Were you aware that their are lands and nations and people outside the borders of our great land? I think you ought to check with them before you decide there's been no extreme weather lately. The Philippines might be a good place to start.

Last edited:
Do you understand the difference between the words "could" and "will"?

Sure....will is the sort of word someone with a clue has....you will be proven wrong in your AGW beliefs.

Could is the sort of word a handwaving, pseudoscientific, hysteric uses...as evidenced by all of the coulds, mights, mays, possibiles, and maybes used by climate pseudoscientists.

Last year, no major Atlantic hurricanes for first time since the 90's. This year no major tornadoes this late in the year for the first time on record, third consecutive year below avg.

2014 Strongest-Rated Tornado Activity in U.S. Off To Record Slow Start | Weather Underground

Extreme weather getting extremely rare these days

Were you aware that their are lands and nations and people outside the borders of our great land? I think you ought to check with them before you decide there's been no extreme weather lately. The Philippines might be a good place to start.

Here's a challenge for you. Go to any year in the last 300. Find one that DIDN'T have "extreme weather". You have made a statement that is patently false. There is simply not a single year that doesn't have "extreme weather" somewhere.

That makes your statement false.

Do you understand the difference between the words "could" and "will"?
Then how is it settled science? BTW, I ask that because I'm assuming you think Gore used the could vs will. So you are admitting that the science isn't settled and there is no evidence of global warming because if there were, then words like will would be, not could be, used.

Now that is just flaming funny!!!!!!

Last edited:
Al Gore is a Hypocrite that contributes more to Global Warming then 10 typical american families, but that is okay if its Al Gore, he cares, which is all that counts.

All the Rhetoric from the believers, in Man Made Global Warming but do they quit over-eating, do they quit going out to eat? Do they quit drinking beer or eating candy.

Gluttony, consumption, and just plain old frivolous lifestyles while preaching to stop the pollution, that is being a hypocrite.

Al Gore is a Hypocrite that contributes more to Global Warming then 10 typical american families, but that is okay if its Al Gore, he cares, which is all that counts.

All the Rhetoric from the believers, in Man Made Global Warming but do they quit over-eating, do they quit going out to eat? Do they quit drinking beer or eating candy.

Gluttony, consumption, and just plain old frivolous lifestyles while preaching to stop the pollution, that is being a hypocrite.

He rides in his private jet all over and libs ignore his waste and pollution.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Al Gore won a popular election to be the President of the United States. So more than half of all Americans have a pretty positive view of the man. He accomplished a great deal with his movie. He got us all motivated. It's unlikely any of us would be talking about this subject if he hadn't made it.

He's smarter than anyone here (which isn't saying that much).

He's a great guy but he's not a climate scientist. So what he does and says these days re AGW doesn't really mean much. We have lots and lots of climate scientists to tell us how the world is getting along and what we need to do and what's going to happen if we don't. When you guys bring him up so you can badmouth him and when you demonstrate that you actually think you're scoring some points by doing so... well, I assume in a couple of days you'll all figure out how stupid you look doing so. Carry on.

Al Gore won a popular election to be the President of the United States. So more than half of all Americans have a pretty positive view of the man. He accomplished a great deal with his movie. He got us all motivated. It's unlikely any of us would be talking about this subject if he hadn't made it.

He's a great guy but he's not a climate scientist. So what he does and says these days re AGW doesn't really mean much. We have lots and lots of climate scientists to tell us how the world is getting along and what we need to do and what's going to happen if we don't. When you guys bring him up so you can badmouth him and when you demonstrate that you actually think you're scoring some points by doing so... well, I assume in a couple of days you'll all figure out how stupid you look doing so. Carry on.

abraHAM's most intelligent observation, ironic, abraHAM the moron pointing out his own stupidity, too funny.

Last edited:
When one of us has won an election for President, we can say we're smarter. Till then...

He is a hypocrite that has made millions from global warming. 51 million voted for Gore, there are 319 million Americans. So 1/6th of all Americans voted for him.
You are not very smart, I doubt you are qualified to say who is or who is not smart.

Last edited:
Domed Future: "Climate-Controlled" Cities to Stop Global Warming | Truthstream Media

This is probably the future. More than a few scientists think we are at the "age of abundance" and because of all the "acts of god" that's going to decline.

It's kinda to late to stop warming..it's happened. All the super storms and stuff? Well you know..like god is angry.

Look forward to living in packed urban areas..or the wastelands.

The Road Official Movie Trailer - YouTube

Cause it's an angry god causing all the problems.

While I agree about packed biodomes, it will be less some fictional "gods" will than the whims of mankind and more of a self-defined "anthropogenic" source.

Forum List

Back