Daniel Webster... For Speaker of the House... Principles FIRST!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
I have repeatedly framed my conservative positions with the premise that any legislation must first pass the "principles" test, i.e. does it conform to my fundamental principles.

This is why Daniel Webster gets the "Freedom Caucus " support.
Here in his words he convinces me more then anyone so far that he agrees with me!

“If principles don’t determine what you are going to pass or do, then power will,” he explained. “Power says if you are a committee chairman your idea is good only because you have got power. Under a principle-based system, you push down the power and then you have to judge things exactly as they are.”

Read more here: Outsider’s view keeps Florida Rep. Dan Webster in GOP race to succeed John Boehner

Doesn't have the time.

(He's in the middle of writing a dictionary)

And of course any one who doesn't comprehend the concept that "Principles can not be compromised" will have a problem with Dan Webster and people like me.
Principles for the most part are what determine actions. Actions affect lives. So rather then as Webster put it have politicians seeking power rather then principles
we have today's Congressional mess... all parties pointing at the other as "partisans"!

You speak eloquently about principles.

But the end result is power based. Give up on that guy. He is an idealist that does not understand political realities.

Principles inside the House--Why do you think there is partisanship and finger pointing. Not because there is a wealth of principles, for sure!!

You speak eloquently about principles.

But the end result is power based. Give up on that guy. He is an idealist that does not understand political realities.

Principles inside the House--Why do you think there is partisanship and finger pointing. Not because there is a wealth of principles, for sure!!

Well that's exactly what the "Freedom Caucus" got McCarthy out... i.e. that he seemed cut from the same cloth as John Boehner!

There is NO rational reason why "principles" can't be the rule. When there are more people like me rather then you i.e. I am 72 years old and for the most part have
followed the principles chief one "do unto others as you would have others do unto you" not because of piety but of practicality!
For example, I got back $10 at Wal-Mart at the self check out kiosk and turned it over to the supervisor who laughed at me saying "Wal-Mart" could afford it!
But when you realize that the little details in life such as what I exhibited would be the norm, then there wouldn't be a need for a cop on every street corner...which is
impractical obviously!

Forum List

Back