What do you understand about FDR? Did FDR want a war with Japan? For answers, check here

There were 28 combat vessels in Pearl that day including the 12 PT Boats, many of which were deck cargo on other vessels.

The largest combat ship that PT boats ever destroyed was the IJN Teruzuki, an anti-aircraft destroyer of the Akizuki class. She was ambushed by two PT boats when trying to flee the air attack on Truk lagoon in 1942.

PT boats are not really combat vessels, and are damned near worthless against aircraft. Probably the only class of "warship" worse against aircraft than a PT boat was a submarine.

And by 1940, almost everybody accepted that war was coming. It was simply a matter of when.

He should have persuaded Congress. But he failed.

Persuade them what, exactly?

Congress had already authorized a draft, and expansion of the US military to over 6 times the 1939 numbers in 1941. But neither Congress nor the President were going to declare war without a justification. That is why Japan, Germany, and Italy all had to declare war against the US. We only responded to recognize that after they declared hostilities first.

And even with that, we did not hit our "full wartime strength" until 1943. You say you served, so you should have an idea how long it takes to train forces. And that was even with having more than 120 Army basic training centers around the nation. And almost a third of those were built in 1941-1942. The simple fact is, they were building training camps as fast as they could by 1940, and shoving through as many people as they could as fast as they could.

Hell, that is why actual "enlisting" was impossible by early 1942, and you had to wait get drafted. You could sign up for a branch of service and possibly a branch choice. But the training centers got so bogged down in December 1941 that the process was entirely handled by the draft. So they could control the flow into the training camps as they had more people trying to join than the training bases could handle. About the only fields that they would still take actual enlistments was pilots and trained medical personnel as those were always in short supply. Go to the recruitment center as a doctor or pilot, you would probably get shipped off within a week. But for everybody else, you then went home and waited for your number to get called. As the most the recruiter could do was put you in for say an Army Quartermaster, or a Navy Engineman, or an Infantryman in the Marines. So when your number was called, that is what you were trained for. But you still had to wait your turn as they could only process so many people each week.

Persuade them what, exactly?

Congress had already authorized a draft, and expansion of the US military to over 6 times the 1939 numbers in 1941. But neither Congress nor the President were going to declare war without a justification. That is why Japan, Germany, and Italy all had to declare war against the US. We only responded to recognize that after they declared hostilities first.

And even with that, we did not hit our "full wartime strength" until 1943. You say you served, so you should have an idea how long it takes to train forces. And that was even with having more than 120 Army basic training centers around the nation. And almost a third of those were built in 1941-1942. The simple fact is, they were building training camps as fast as they could by 1940, and shoving through as many people as they could as fast as they could.

Hell, that is why actual "enlisting" was impossible by early 1942, and you had to wait get drafted. You could sign up for a branch of service and possibly a branch choice. But the training centers got so bogged down in December 1941 that the process was entirely handled by the draft. So they could control the flow into the training camps as they had more people trying to join than the training bases could handle. About the only fields that they would still take actual enlistments was pilots and trained medical personnel as those were always in short supply. Go to the recruitment center as a doctor or pilot, you would probably get shipped off within a week. But for everybody else, you then went home and waited for your number to get called. As the most the recruiter could do was put you in for say an Army Quartermaster, or a Navy Engineman, or an Infantryman in the Marines. So when your number was called, that is what you were trained for. But you still had to wait your turn as they could only process so many people each week.
Sure there were problems. Commander Cullum of the Navy sent to FDR his plan to get Japan into the war. It worked well.

Sure there were problems. Commander Cullum of the Navy sent to FDR his plan to get Japan into the war. It worked well.

Care to actually explain that bit of silliness?

As I said, I do not argue. I debate. Which means presenting actual evidence and not just making flippant claims without anything to back them up. However, you appear to love just making claims and backing them up with more claims.

Care to actually explain that bit of silliness?

As I said, I do not argue. I debate. Which means presenting actual evidence and not just making flippant claims without anything to back them up. However, you appear to love just making claims and backing them up with more claims.
My remarks are backed up in the book Day of Deceit. Wonderful how you pat yourself on your own back.

We are republicans after considering the options and making an educated decision

That's a far cry from the uneducated oafs libs tell themselves we are
And yet there is little difference between the two criminal gangs, but duopoly dupes never comprehend.

Wow, got an actual reference? Not a book that is pretty much universally dismissed by historians as complete garbage and lies?
Sure can tell you are a loyal Democrat.

In his book, he has a great index of proof. Loyal Democrats hate this book.

Wow, got an actual reference? Not a book that is pretty much universally dismissed by historians as complete garbage and lies?
I have commented many times that the Democrats control history of the USA. And love of FDR is bred into them all.

Wrong. Of course you support the establishment line and statist historians.

The book you refer to is fully documented and accurate. Just accept it. FDR knew Japan was to attack Pearl Harbor and he refused to warn commanders. FDR did all he could to position Japan to attack.

Why do some Americans think their leaders aren’t lying psychopaths, when there is so much evidence proving it?

Wrong. Of course you support the establishment line and statist historians.

The book you refer to is fully documented and accurate. Just accept it. FDR knew Japan was to attack Pearl Harbor and he refused to warn commanders. FDR did all he could to position Japan to attack.

Why do some Americans think their leaders aren’t lying psychopaths, when there is so much evidence proving it?
I love the way you corrected him. FDR was what, A Democrat. Who knew they must control history? Democrats!!!! Who controls the unions? Democrats!!!! Who controls teachers? Democrats.

I love the way you corrected him. FDR was what, A Democrat. Who knew they must control history? Democrats!!!! Who controls the unions? Democrats!!!! Who controls teachers? Democrats.
I don’t think it’s a partisan issue. It’s all about protecting the State. Look at all the admiration and love for the fool Abe Lincoln. He was an R.

I don’t think it’s a partisan issue. It’s all about protecting the State. Look at all the admiration and love for the fool Abe Lincoln. He was an R.
Abe has the record for presidents of the most killed in the USA due to using guns.

Abe has the record for presidents of the most killed in the USA due to using guns.
And yet Americans are propagandized to believe he’s the greatest. Much like the propaganda around FDR.

Americans are the most propagandized people on the planet.

And yet Americans are propagandized to believe he’s the greatest. Much like the propaganda around FDR.

Americans are the most propagandized people on the planet.
That is why I named the propaganda sources earlier.

Hawaii had to be on full alert long before that stuff you blamed Marshall for. A military that size needs several weeks to do it correctly.
You can't realistically expect the Navy in Hawaii to remain on "full alert" for four months when the FDR administration didn't seem to be on full alert itself. When the shit hit the fan it was Marshall who had a chance to take the initiative but Marshall was a bureaucrat drone who hadn't taken the initiative in his entire military career. After the attack FDR quickly put the American media under military rule and any criticism was quickly delt with.

Forum List

Back