Dante and Yurts Debate

No offense, but that was a debate?

twas not a flaming rage of a debate because, the two sides were not hostile to each other and were viewed as opponents on how to achieve something, more than enemies on how to seek out and destroy the other for applause from the cheap seats you are used to playing to Ravi.

I challenge you to debate the proposition that you, Ravi, are no liberal. You are not a liberal.

I'm flattered by your attention, seriously I am. But I don't consider myself a liberal, I am a middle of the roader with some liberal views and some conservative views (which often are the same).

I also have no desire to be confined by authoritarian rules like you do.

Oh I cannot wait to see, witness and partake in this. This is genius. I love it.

My turn is coming. YAY!

Who wants me? Come let us debate.....

IMG]http://www.dbcovers.com/imagenes/backdrops/grandes/gladiator_2000//gladiator_2000_3.jpg[/IMG]

The History and Constitutionality of Gun Control in the Americas/America

:eusa_whistle:
I like that. The complete Americas?

See this is where we have to make it exciting in a debate I'm game on hand to hand combat but to make it interesting Dante we also have to have to have a Kim Kardashian twist to our topic:eusa_angel:

But we may bore people to death.

Last edited:
Wednesday high noon but you pick the topic now. I'll be ready for you. Just give me the topic now. Dante...love you to death. This will be fun.

Last edited:

twas not a flaming rage of a debate because, the two sides were not hostile to each other and were viewed as opponents on how to achieve something, more than enemies on how to seek out and destroy the other for applause from the cheap seats you are used to playing to Ravi.

I challenge you to debate the proposition that you, Ravi, are no liberal. You are not a liberal.

I'm flattered by your attention, seriously I am. But I don't consider myself a liberal, I am a middle of the roader with some liberal views and some conservative views (which often are the same).

Ravi surely some one will take you on. You're nothing short of brilliant. Ok. If I am not pummelled to death out of a match with Dante...for fun just to show the kids how smart you are....

I'll take you on. Cabin fever and all. Hell's bells I'm hunting muppet you tubes for the music forum because its been minus 20 for forever. A happy challenge is a good thing.

Last edited:

Ravi surely some one will take you on. You're nothing short of brilliant. Ok. If I am not pummelled to death out of a match with Dante...for fun just to show the kids how smart you are....

I'll take you on. Cabin fever and all. Hell's bells I'm hunting muppet you tubes for the music forum because its been minus 20 for forever. A happy challenge is a good thing.

poor Ravi, reveling in her ignorance...

Things that make Dante want to go "hmm..."

Things that make Dante want to go "hmm..."

Jason approves of bringing this thread back to life well after it's expiration, everyone else, not so much.

256457__jason-voorhees-friday-the-13th_p.jpg

I missed the debate, but curious why Ravi self-identifies as liberal with some conservative views, and Dante disagrees.

I am also running into this thing of being called a conservative siding with rightwing bigots and not a real liberal or Democrat even though I am prochoice, believe in reparations for Native Americans, Blacks and others who have suffered civil and criminal wrongs including genocide from war,
and restitution for rape to invest in rebuilding lives and communities to counteract trafficking, bullying abuse and other crimes.

Dante and Ravi can y'all debate what you mean by liberal and not liberal? If you are going by the view of Liberals as depending on govt to define and enforce political rights, instead of natural law as the default, then I lean conservative on that. The govt might define voting rights, gun rights, citizenship; but inherent rights such as religious freedom/free will/free choice are the default by Nature and the point of laws is to PREVENT govt from infringing on the default free will people claim by our human nature as a natural need. Do you want to debate if there is a natural law that all people are under, and what is the relationship with govt that liberals believe in vs. conservatives?
Do you want to debate whether political beliefs about govt itself should be treated equally as other religious beliefs?

Are liberal and conservative views political religions and if so, how should the govt and democratic process handle these conflicting beliefs to guarantee equal exercise and protection without discrimination by creed? If people DON'T agree to majority rule vote on issues of beliefs, such as on gay marriage, does this count as infringing on beliefs or creeds for the govt to impose a decision for them?

Thanks Dante
would you and Yurt care to extend the debate/discussion
to how can there be public health care, and legalization of pot and drugs.

Wouldn't the public disagree on paying for health care for
people who deliberately ruin their health with recreational drugs,
including denying any such risks or damage to health is real?

How would either of you propose to manage the
free choice of drug use and mandate paying for public health.
How would that work?

Would people who incur higher costs due to, say, drunk driving,
or brain damage or inability to work because of drug addiction
be required to pay that so it isn't charged to taxpayers to pay for
welfare or health care benefits except under terms they AGREE to pay for.

Would this require separate tracks or programs for people who
believe in funding abortion, drug use, etc as a free choice
vs. people who DON'T believe in paying for those things they DON'T consider fair choices.

Would you leave it to a vote and just let states and people fight to
push one agenda or another by majority rule or court ruling?

Forum List

Back