David Letterman to retire as TV host in 2015

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
David Letterman made the announcement during Thursday's recording :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Veteran US late-night TV host David Letterman has announced that he is to retire in 2015.

Best news I've read today. I'm so sick and tired of watchingCBS hype this dud day after day during the great shows I watch. And, the news comes from BBC @ BBC News - David Letterman to retire as TV host in 2015

[Too bad it isn't going to be THIS year] :eusa_whistle:

I have a little bit of left over (residual) good will for and patience with David Letterman based on the fact that he used to be funny.

I have a little bit of left over (residual) good will for and patience with David Letterman based on the fact that he used to be funny.

He's still really funny, that's why he is still on the air. He's leaving on his terms unlike some others.

I have literally never been able to watch his show. It is on at 11:30 or so here and by that time I'm sawing logs.

Some cynics are saying that Jimmy Fallon kicking his ass was the straw that broke the camel's back. But Jesus, he must have more money than God by this time. What's the point of continuing?

I have literally never been able to watch his show. It is on at 11:30 or so here and by that time I'm sawing logs.

Some cynics are saying that Jimmy Fallon kicking his ass was the straw that broke the camel's back. But Jesus, he must have more money than God by this time. What's the point of continuing?

Jimmy Fallon is very funny too. I can't get NBC here so I miss his show a lot but I record Letterman every night. He's a legend.

He's still really funny, that's why he is still on the air. He's leaving on his terms unlike some others.

Nah. He used to be funny. He is, now, old and kind of churlish much of the time.

Even his writers kind of mail it in.

He's leaving sorta like his hero, Johnny Carson. Not being booted out, but going when he chooses to do so. However, Carson went out on top. Letterman has not been on top for a long time. Rightfully so.

Letterman's audience kind of went to sleep WITH Letterman, and they reflexively assume he's still funny. He almost never is anymore. But shhh, don't tell them.

Oh, and HI Sarah.

Letterman's Replacement?

CHELSEA-HANDLER-LES-MOONVES-618-618x400.jpg

Some say she's negotiating at the moment for the spot – and may be getting favorable consideration. Read more @ Chelsea Handler, CBS in Talks for Late-Night Spot (Exclusive) - TheWrap

I have absolutely no idea who she is and, as I never watch the show now, it doesn't make any difference to me!

Forum List

Back