De Blasio going down?

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
Felony campaign violations and selling government favors to donors. Tsk tsk tsk, couldn't happen to a more abrasive asshole.

NY Post: Mayor de Blasio is Going Down

Amidst allegations of “willful and flagrant” violations of campaign-finance law

There is no way to sugarcoat the facts: de Blasio is in trouble. Maybe very big trouble.

His City Hall is being depicted as the seat of a criminal enterprise. And so far, he offers nothing resembling a convincing denial.

As bad as it is, the election report covering the 2014 state Senate races is just the start. The endgame involves the more lethal issue of whether de Blasio sold government favors to donors. That is what federal prosecutors are looking for, and I believe they will find a mother lode.

Yet if the election report were all there is, it would still be a problem. It calls one of the campaign violations a possible felony and refers its findings to Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. for prosecution. That explains why Vance recently partnered up with US Attorney Preet Bharara in the multipronged probe, effectively doubling the number of prosecutors and investigators.

Felony campaign violations and selling government favors to donors. Tsk tsk tsk, couldn't happen to a more abrasive asshole.

Amidst allegations of “willful and flagrant” violations of campaign-finance law

There is no way to sugarcoat the facts: de Blasio is in trouble. Maybe very big trouble.

His City Hall is being depicted as the seat of a criminal enterprise. And so far, he offers nothing resembling a convincing denial.

As bad as it is, the election report covering the 2014 state Senate races is just the start. The endgame involves the more lethal issue of whether de Blasio sold government favors to donors. That is what federal prosecutors are looking for, and I believe they will find a mother lode.

Yet if the election report were all there is, it would still be a problem. It calls one of the campaign violations a possible felony and refers its findings to Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. for prosecution. That explains why Vance recently partnered up with US Attorney Preet Bharara in the multipronged probe, effectively doubling the number of prosecutors and investigators.

Say it ain't so, I like Mayor de Blasio, he's a continuous stream of comedic entertainment.

... First we lose Rob Ford and now this? We're rapidly running out of mayors that are worth making fun of. :eek:

this wouldn't include you Fox. but I've always wondered about the voters up there. Some of the people they put in to run their government and lives are so: out there or just plain crooks.

this wouldn't include you Fox. but I've always wondered about the voters up there. Some of the people they put in to run their government and lives are so: out there or just plain crooks.
Yeah well, they're the ones that have to live with the miscreants they vote into office, it's one of the many benefits of decentralized government. If the people of NYC want to turn their city into an authoritarian shit-hole, more power to 'em, I don't live there so why should I care. :)

Is this another "Clinton to be indicted" thread?

It seems we jump to conclusion and then the establishment takes care of their own and they go nowhere. The law is meaningless unless the establishment wants to use it as a weapon.

My prediction, we will be discussing this for a couple of months but nothing will happen. Maybe I am just jaded.

It seems we jump to conclusion and then the establishment takes care of their own and they go nowhere. The law is meaningless unless the establishment wants to use it as a weapon.

My prediction, we will be discussing this for a couple of months but nothing will happen. Maybe I am just jaded.

I saw on the news this morning Cuomo is going in force against De Blasio. Could make it more interesting

I saw on the news this morning Cuomo is going in force against De Blasio. Could make it more interesting

In my very jaded opinion. The bigger the crime the bigger the establishment has to make it look like they are going after the person. Maybe I am completely wrong but I saw Bill Clinton wag his finger in our collective faces and lie his ass off and he was rewarded, even sympathized with by some.

I have no respect or expectation for the establishment. Especially in democrat country.

In my very jaded opinion. The bigger the crime the bigger the establishment has to make it look like they are going after the person. Maybe I am completely wrong but I saw Bill Clinton wag his finger in our collective faces and lie his ass off and he was rewarded, even sympathized with by some.

I have no respect or expectation for the establishment. Especially in democrat country.

Agreed but maybe New York will follow Illinois's lead, being elected a dem governor in that state seems like an automatic prison sentence

Agreed but maybe New York will follow Illinois's lead, being elected a dem governor in that state seems like an automatic prison sentence

We shall see, we shall see. We had a very popular democrat state senator who really liked to pass out the goodies. But he was corrupt. I even wrote him a letter that if he didn't change his associates he would be in trouble. I think in retrospect that was pretty stupid of me because it got me in trouble with some of his local cronies. But even with his passing out of money and his "friends" he lost the election, which was amazing in this democrat hell hole. I was never prouder of the voters.

He now sits in jail.

Forum List

Back