🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Death Tax

If your estate was established buy luck (purchasing a home and having a much large value at your death is luck, can happen in East Hampton) then what ever happens with taxes at your death is as it should be.
If you started a business and were successful and are close with your family there are ways to see your hard work remains in your family,If you don't know how to do this its because you do not understand business and probably should not be posting here-but go post
on the sites that tell you how to start a business.
Very few people have enough at death to worry about the death tax
and far to many want what you have worked for to be theres when you die,guess what short of out and out tyranny and loss of liberty you will not get it from wise business owners and thats because you do not understand how to acquire wealth only how to be jealous of it.
Especially scientists.

How about favoring the poor? Is that a sin too ?

NOPE! Because they are the "least" among us!

Not a sin at all to favor the poor....not one mention of such in the entire Bible that I have ever read!

But you are welcomed to prove me wrong Dillo and quote any scripture that says such and I will eat my words if you do! ;)

Care

1My brothers, as believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ, don't show favoritism.

How about the one you already used ?

In context, the one I used, is not an admonishment of favoring the poor....try again. ;)

Care

Not a sin at all to favor the poor....not one mention of such in the entire Bible that I have ever read!

But you are welcomed to prove me wrong Dillo and quote any scripture that says such and I will eat my words if you do! ;)

Care

1My brothers, as believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ, don't show favoritism.

In context, the one I used, is not an admonishment of favoring the poor....try again. ;)

Care

Care--do you really think God cares about how much money any one has ?

Care

The USA has all but eliminated the poor in this country,today's poor in USA have it pretty good compared with the rest of the world .
Helping I believe in but to much help is like fly paper and they get stuck in a Dependant life style and this is not something God wants remember God helps them who help themselves.

Care

You have a point with that to a degree...

However, I do think God knows all though, and due to Him knowing all, I do believe He would have made mention of not favoring the poor in any manner in the Bible if He forsaw favoring the poor as a problem....BUT He didn't Dillo....so what does that tell us?

The only scripture that i can think of that might come close to your thinking is that he admonished "sloth", "laziness"....but this can come with the poor, middle of the roaders and the very wealthiest, not just the poor alone.

Care

Last edited:

Care

However, I do think God knows all though, and due to Him knowing all, I do believe He would have made mention of not favoring the poor in any manner in the Bible if He forsaw favoring the poor as a problem....BUT He didn't Dillo....so what does that tell us?

The only scripture that i can think of that might come close to your thinking is that he admonished "sloth", "lazyness"....but this can come with the poor, middle of the roaders and the very wealthiest, not just the poor alone.

Care

A point to a degree ? And now you trying to guess what God thinks by pointing out what is omitted from the Bible ? Get back to Maine-ASAP.

Care

The USA has all but eliminated the poor in this country,today's poor in USA have it pretty good compared with the rest of the world .
Helping I believe in but to much help is like fly paper and they get stuck in a Dependant life style and this is not something God wants remember God helps them who help themselves.

Tis true that they may have it better than the rest of the world, here in the USA....but so do the wealthiest here in the USA have it bigger and better than the rest of the world...it is all relative, i suppose.

Not all of those that are poor are lazy and this is the great MYTH that is passed along by those with MORE.

My inlaws, were dirt poor...even poorer than dirt. Not an ounce of them being poor had to do with laziness....they worked their buns off.

They also took in and cared for the indigent....those with even less than them....

The poor will inherit the Earth someday....not the Rich....what does that tell us? God rewards laziness? I don't think so.....

Care

The only scripture that i can think of that might come close to your thinking is that he admonished "sloth", "lazyness"....but this can come with the poor, middle of the roaders and the very wealthiest, not just the poor alone.

Care

A point to a degree ? And now you trying to guess what God thinks by pointing out what is omitted from the Bible ? Get back to Maine-ASAP.

I don't take one word out of scripture or add one word in to it....as per Biblical instructions.

I can only go with what is in the Bible regarding this and would not presume to make up my own rules or scenarios regarding this....Dillo.

Care

Care

I don't take one word out of scripture or add one word in to it....as per Biblical instructions.

I can only go with what is in the Bible regarding this and would not presume to make up my own rules or scenarios regarding this....Dillo.

Care

Then how do you explain you statement;

I do believe He would have made mention of not favoring the poor in any manner in the Bible if He forsaw favoring the poor as a problem

Care

Tis true that they may have it better than the rest of the world, here in the USA....but so do the wealthiest here in the USA have it bigger and better than the rest of the world...it is all relative, i suppose.

Not all of those that are poor are lazy and this is the great MYTH that is passed along by those with MORE.

My inlaws, were dirt poor...even poorer than dirt. Not an ounce of them being poor had to do with laziness....they worked their buns off.

They also took in and cared for the indigent....those with even less than them....

The poor will inherit the Earth someday....not the Rich....what does that tell us? God rewards laziness? I don't think so.....

Care

wrong---the meek get to inherit the earth

Care

guess they are one and the same....? unless it is another inheritance?

5Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?

Care

guess they are one and the same....? unless it is another inheritance?

5Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?

you do realize that the father of the faithful, abraham, was very wealthy.....

i think you misinterpret that verse

We can throw Bible quotations all over proving both sides:

But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth - Deuteronomy 8:18

Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established: And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches." - Proverbs 24:3-4

A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the dust. - Proverbs 13:22

A feast is made for laughter, and wine makes life merry, but money is the answer for everything. - Ecclesiastes 10:19

Ill-gotten treasures are of no value, but righteousness delivers from death. The LORD does not let the righteous go hungry but he thwarts the craving of the wicked. Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth. - Proverbs 10:2-4

The wealth of the rich is their fortified city, but poverty is the ruin of the poor. The wages of the righteous bring them life, but the income of the wicked brings them punishment. - Proverbs 10:15-16

The blessing of the LORD brings wealth, and he adds no trouble to it. - Proverbs 10:22

List could go on and on.

Forget the dollar amount. Answer this question:

Your grandparents give your parents $20,000.00. Your parents pay taxes on the amount over 13K - 7K.

That money sits in a box in their closet. Then your parents die. They leave that 7K to you.

For a moment, imagine that EVERYTHING passed to an heir is taxed. Would it be fair for the government to tax you on the 7K?

Taxes have already been paid on it - why would it be fair for you to pay taxes on it (the same 7k has now been taxed twice).

That concept is actually acceptable to you?

We can throw Bible quotations all over proving both sides:

?

how true, look at god is saying liberals are fools....

ecc 10:2

A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but the foolish (B)man's heart directs him toward the left.

:lol:

You were fortunate enough to win the lotto or hit the $8,000,000.00 progressive slot - you would turn it down because you didn't "earn" it? Walk away and say "no?"
Why would I be gambling if I didn’t want the money? And gambling involves risk, effort, and talent. There is no risk, effort, nor talent needed to inherit monies. Just what are you trying to compare?

There were a few members who said they don't want anything to do with money they didn't earn. My question was the lotto (all luck) and a progressive slot (again, all luck).

Would they walk away and say "no" if they won?

I think not.

And if they didn't want the money they would be playing lotto or slots would they. I assume you are trying to say there everyones greed is the same. Those who don't want money from a particular source do not take the risk or make the effort. This isn't the same as inheritance. Inheritance is found money. If there was 100 sitting on a table and you could have it under the condition that you paid 55 to the government would you take it? Would you appreciate the 45 in your pocket or be resentful that you don't have 100 thinking that is what you deserved even though you did nothing to deserve it?

The difference between you and I is our levels of greed and what you don't seem to grasp is that is the legacy you are leaving your children not your piles of gold...

Tax the income once.

Problem solved.

Then transfers of money and income would never be taxed. Ms. Jones hires me to paint her house. She's already paid tax on the money. So therefore I shouldn't pay tax on the job.

Money is double triple and quadruple taxed as it is transferred from person to person. That's no reason for not taxing a transfer.

Why would I be gambling if I didn’t want the money? And gambling involves risk, effort, and talent. There is no risk, effort, nor talent needed to inherit monies. Just what are you trying to compare?

There were a few members who said they don't want anything to do with money they didn't earn. My question was the lotto (all luck) and a progressive slot (again, all luck).

I think not.

And if they didn't want the money they would be playing lotto or slots would they. I assume you are trying to say there everyones greed is the same. Those who don't want money from a particular source do not take the risk or make the effort. This isn't the same as inheritance. Inheritance is found money. If there was 100 sitting on a table and you could have it under the condition that you paid 55 to the government would you take it? Would you appreciate the 45 in your pocket or be resentful that you don't have 100 thinking that is what you deserved even though you did nothing to deserve it?

The difference between you and I is our levels of greed and what you don't seem to grasp is that is the legacy you are leaving your children not your piles of gold...

wth??? not wanting to pay taxes is greedy? why would i want the government taking my money and squandering it? paying taxes has nothing to do with greed, if you really think so, it is YOU who are greedy as you want to take another man's wealth by force because you believe he does not have a right to money and that your taxes/beliefs are superior to his.

I think not.

If there was 100 sitting on a table and you could have it under the condition that you paid 55 to the government would you take it? Would you appreciate the 45 in your pocket or be resentful that you don't have 100 thinking that is what you deserved even though you did nothing to deserve it?

Your flimsy example would be good if I said my kids complained about the death tax. However, you are wrong.

Show me once in this thread where I said my children wouldn't appreciate whatever they got from me? If anything, they have said not to leave a dime - they say it isn't their money.

It is my choice to leave it to them. My parents wanted me to be better off than they were - and I want the same for mine.

My complaint is that I don't want the government to tax it twice.

And we aren't talking about $100.00. We are talking about everything over 3.5...and next year possibly everything over 1 million.

I will try again:

Forget the dollar amount. Answer this question:

Your grandparents give your parents $20,000.00. Your parents pay taxes on the amount over 13K - 7K.

That money sits in a box in their closet. Then your parents die. They leave that 7K to you.

For a moment, imagine that EVERYTHING passed to an heir is taxed. Would it be fair for the government to tax you on the 7K?

Taxes have already been paid on it - why would it be fair for you to pay taxes on it (the same 7k has now been taxed twice).

That concept is actually acceptable to you?

And my primary point on this is that you haven't defended the death tax. You have merely stated that it affects very few people and is therefore allright because you aren't one of them. Gay marriage right affect very few people why do you care about that?

What the government does spending wise outside of infrastructure and defense is largely poorly done usually causes more problems than it solves and polarizes people along socio-economic lines.

You haven't given one single decent reason for taxing money left to someone's heirs which after all is only what's left after they paid taxes for forty or fifty years. The closest you've gotten is the spurious notion that somehow the heirs don't deserve it and that isn't your damn business or mine.

Maybe you didn't read the thread. There have been several reason put forth why it doesn't make sense that workers have to pay higher taxes so that trust fund babies can inheiret millions and pay no tax. Rewarding meritocracy, fairness, encouraging productive activity, rewarding the workers instead idle rich, taxing property that has never been taxed.

I've yet to see one argument why working folk should pay higher taxes so the Parises can inherit hundreds of millions tax free.

Forum List

Back