Decolonization Dilemma in the Interest of Cultural Safety

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
A University of Oxford museum will not display an African mask because the culture which created it forbids women from seeing it.

The decision by the Pitt Rivers Museum is part of new policies in the interest of “cultural safety”.

You can see the dilemma. To put the mask on show to the general public - members of a modern, liberal and enlightened society - would imply that we are now in a superior position to the Igbo, and look, with a degree of colonial condescension perhaps, on the artifacts of a more primitive society. That would never do in a time of decolonisation and cultural sensitivity.

On the other hand to put the mask on display to men only, thus respecting the cultural significance of the mask, would be even worse - living as we do in that, yes, modern, liberal and enlightened society.

Hmm. So we stick it away in the bottom drawer....to show how, um, modern, liberal and enlightened we are.

Besides, we struggle to even try to define what a woman is here in the 21st century.

The Left are walking Babylon Bee writers.

A University of Oxford museum will not display an African mask because the culture which created it forbids women from seeing it.

The decision by the Pitt Rivers Museum is part of new policies in the interest of “cultural safety”.

You can see the dilemma. To put the mask on show to the general public - members of a modern, liberal and enlightened society - would imply that we are now in a superior position to the Igbo, and look, with a degree of colonial condescension perhaps, on the artifacts of a more primitive society. That would never do in a time of decolonisation and cultural sensitivity.

On the other hand to put the mask on display to men only, thus respecting the cultural significance of the mask, would be even worse - living as we do in that, yes, modern, liberal and enlightened society.

Hmm. So we stick it away in the bottom drawer....to show how, um, modern, liberal and enlightened we are.

Besides, we struggle to even try to define what a woman is here in the 21st century.

The Left are walking Babylon Bee writers.

Your soft white cultures wouldn't be in this dilemma if you hadn't gone around the world stealing peoples shit and then birthed kids who'd grow up to be ashamed of you. :lmao:

I find it amusing that women are not allowed to look at it.

Also it kinda tosses the whole "That belongs in a museum!" thing out the window.

Sell it to a collector.....Profit.

Your soft white cultures wouldn't be in this dilemma if you hadn't gone around the world stealing peoples shit and then birthed kids who'd grow up to be ashamed of you. :lmao:
Oh, so Leftist Oxford has stolen property and refuses to return it!

Why are you white Leftards so culturally offensive?

we are being colonized

islamdfjhjkdfsdkfskdf.jpg

If you can't look at something because you're a woman, or a man that believes a woman shouldn't look at something you shouldn't be allowed here to begin with.

That's one of Americas biggest problems in that America conforms to others but never demands anyone conform to America. No one respects anyone that bends to everyone's will and in the end will resent them and push them around.

Firm, strong willed, direct, with determination is what wins people and demands respect.

America is becoming the worlds cuck essentially. We will apologize, cater to, and take a knee for anyone except our real and true citizens. Our society is becoming gutless cowards with no resolve.

If you come to my house and don't like how I do things then my response is "this is how I do things and if you don't like them then you need to leave". America used to do that, now we apologize and publicly say how wrong we are.

If you can't look at something because you're a woman, or a man that believes a woman shouldn't look at something you shouldn't be allowed here to begin with.

That's one of Americas biggest problems in that America conforms to others but never demands anyone conform to America. No one respects anyone that bends to everyone's will and in the end will resent them and push them around.

Firm, strong willed, direct, with determination is what wins people and demands respect.

America is becoming the worlds cuck essentially. We will apologize, cater to, and take a knee for anyone except our real and true citizens. Our society is becoming gutless cowards with no resolve.

If you come to my house and don't like how I do things then my response is "this is how I do things and if you don't like them then you need to leave". America used to do that, now we apologize and publicly say how wrong we are.
Well besides this story being about the University of Oxford in England, you are correct. You're the world's cuck.

Forum List

Back