Defendants in Natan Zada lynching convicted of attempted manslaughter

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
The Haifa District on Monday convicted four out of seven defendants tried for the lynching of Eden Natan Zada of attempted manslaughter. Two were convicted of aggravated battery and one defendant was acquitted.

"No self-respecting society will tolerate lynching even if the person committed a heinous crime," the verdict read. "Revenge is for God; punishment is for the judiciary."

Defendants in Natan Zada lynching convicted of attempted manslaughter - Israel News, Ynetnews

:clap2:

That is the difference between a nation of law and a nation of rule by mob...

i think a nation of laws does not make a distinction between which foot the shoe is on.

there are others guilty, but not of a crime.

Natan-Zada was born to an Iranian Jewish family. Natan-Zada's parents describe him as having been a "bright and studious Israeli schoolboy" prior to his becoming involved with the Jewish extremist Kahanism movement, to which he was introduced via the internet. He then began spending weekends in Kfar Tapuach, an Orthodox West Bank settlement where he eventually hid to avoid further service in the IDF. According to Matthew Gutman of the Jerusalem Post, Kfar Tapuach "became the unofficial headquarters of the Jewish terrorist group Kahane Chai in 1990," but supporters deny the existence of a Kahane headquarters.

In a letter left behind after his desertion, Natan-Zada expressed dismay to his parents over the disengagement plan, saying 'Just as I couldn't carry out an order that desecrates the Sabbath, I cannot be part of an organization that expels Jews.' He added the anti-pullout slogan 'Jews don't expel Jews' to his letter, and concluded the message with the words: 'I will consider how I will continue to serve.'

His mother claims that prior to the shooting she alerted the IDF and other security services that her son was still in possession of his military-issued weapon. 'We told everyone he's AWOL, that he could do something with his gun. We begged them to take away his gun. He also asked them to take his gun. The army destroyed my child. The army destroyed my life.' According to The New Republic, 'an army psychiatrist warned that he wasn't fit for weapons or uniform, but his professional judgment was awaiting approval by a panel of medical experts that was not very swift in assembling' and that a 'former chief of staff of the IDF' had 'speculated that the killer's parents might have a chance to win damages in court for neglect by the army of the welfare of their son.'

Eden Natan-Zada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

while the verdict may have been just, lenient even, there is a very loud ring of truth to a statement made by an arab member of the knesset...

"MK Mohammad Barakeh (Hadash) said, "We do not accept the verdict. This is convicting the victim. Had they been Jews they would have gotten a citation."

Defendants in Natan Zada lynching convicted of attempted manslaughter - Israel News, Ynetnews

i think, for a nation of law to be considered a nation of law, it must be a nation of equal justice and equal protection under the law and i am not quite sure israel fits that bill.

i think a nation of laws does not make a distinction between which foot the shoe is on.

Natan-Zada was born to an Iranian Jewish family. Natan-Zada's parents describe him as having been a "bright and studious Israeli schoolboy" prior to his becoming involved with the Jewish extremist Kahanism movement, to which he was introduced via the internet. He then began spending weekends in Kfar Tapuach, an Orthodox West Bank settlement where he eventually hid to avoid further service in the IDF. According to Matthew Gutman of the Jerusalem Post, Kfar Tapuach "became the unofficial headquarters of the Jewish terrorist group Kahane Chai in 1990," but supporters deny the existence of a Kahane headquarters.

In a letter left behind after his desertion, Natan-Zada expressed dismay to his parents over the disengagement plan, saying 'Just as I couldn't carry out an order that desecrates the Sabbath, I cannot be part of an organization that expels Jews.' He added the anti-pullout slogan 'Jews don't expel Jews' to his letter, and concluded the message with the words: 'I will consider how I will continue to serve.'

His mother claims that prior to the shooting she alerted the IDF and other security services that her son was still in possession of his military-issued weapon. 'We told everyone he's AWOL, that he could do something with his gun. We begged them to take away his gun. He also asked them to take his gun. The army destroyed my child. The army destroyed my life.' According to The New Republic, 'an army psychiatrist warned that he wasn't fit for weapons or uniform, but his professional judgment was awaiting approval by a panel of medical experts that was not very swift in assembling' and that a 'former chief of staff of the IDF' had 'speculated that the killer's parents might have a chance to win damages in court for neglect by the army of the welfare of their son.'

while the verdict may have been just, lenient even, there is a very loud ring of truth to a statement made by an arab member of the knesset...

"MK Mohammad Barakeh (Hadash) said, "We do not accept the verdict. This is convicting the victim. Had they been Jews they would have gotten a citation."

i think, for a nation of law to be considered a nation of law, it must be a nation of equal justice and equal protection under the law and i am not quite sure israel fits that bill.
Strange how Muslim countries don't fit the bill about equal justice and protection to all, but Seal never has mentioned this when he has had the chance. I doubt if the Hindus or Christians would get a fair trial in Pakistan. I doubt if the Copts ever got a fair trial in Egypt. I could go on and on and on. Maybe that Arab guy in the Knesset can explain how his fellow Arabs are made heroes when they kill some Jews.

All of us agree that what Natan Zada did was animalistic.

And not forgiven, or should be forgiven, by anyone.

However, he speaker of Hadash says nonsense.

In the Past, those who took over Arab terrorists, did it when there were no police forces in sight, and those terrorists put civilians at risk. They had to take over and kill them.

HOWEVER, a situation were people SEE with their own eyes that the suspect is held by the police and cuffed and disarmed and is no more risking anyone, and then they force him out of the hands of the police, and torture him to death, is no less horrible than what he himself did.

This is not the 19st century, and an angry mob doesn't set the rules here.

I am not surprised that the Hadash man whines about the verdict. those were his friends that did it.

What he should do is say "thank you" that the court had mercy upon those people, and didn't blame them for murder, even though it should have.

They got the cheap way out, that's for sure.

Forum List

Back