Deflate-gate? Report: Patriots being investigated for using deflated footballs

Everybody acknowledges that deflated balls wouldn't have made much difference in such a one-sided game. But their 35-31 win against the Ravens...?

"The NFL will investigate the possibility that the New England Patriots deflated footballs during the AFC championship game, which they won 45-7 over the Indianapolis Colts, according to Bob Kravitz of WTHR.com.

The league has guidelines on how much pressure the ball must have — between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds per square inch, weighing between 14 and 15 ounces.

The Patriots have faced accusations that they've skirted the rules for years, and they were penalized for spying on the New York Jets during the 2007 season with the loss of a first-round draft pick and a hefty fine paid not by the team but by Bill Belichick himself."

Deflate-gate Report Patriots being investigated for using deflated footballs Shutdown Corner - Yahoo Sports

I would not be surprised, not one bit. Beli-cheat is a cheater.

Looking forward to a great super bowl, maybe the best in a while.

It clearly had no bearing on the game but its one more asterick next to the allegedly great coach Beli-CHEAT.

This is all you need to see haters. :D

Uh, you think anything about the Ravens/Pats game says anything good about your team? The Ravens secondary had been decimated with injuries this season. They had some 7 or 8 players from the secondary on the IR list this year, and by the time the post season came around they were starting 6th stringers. And yet they held strong against Brady and the Pats offense that you think so grand. The Patriots had to pull out every trick they could think of, including their ineligible receiver fiasco that they only got away with because they officials didn't know what was going on.

So yeah, maybe all we need to know about the Patriots is right there in the Ravens game. Seems to all really point to the conclusion that the Pats can't win without playing fast and loose with the rules.

Everybody acknowledges that deflated balls wouldn't have made much difference in such a one-sided game. But their 35-31 win against the Ravens...?

We're the balls deflated? :dunno:

I find it all amusing, Carroll cheated at USC, Seattle fans have no issue with him cheating and Belichek, the Patriot fans have no issue with him cheating.

Uh, you think anything about the Ravens/Pats game says anything good about your team? The Ravens secondary had been decimated with injuries this season. They had some 7 or 8 players from the secondary on the IR list this year, and by the time the post season came around they were starting 6th stringers. And yet they held strong against Brady and the Pats offense that you think so grand. The Patriots had to pull out every trick they could think of, including their ineligible receiver fiasco that they only got away with because they officials didn't know what was going on.

So yeah, maybe all we need to know about the Patriots is right there in the Ravens game. Seems to all really point to the conclusion that the Pats can't win without playing fast and loose with the rules.

Obviously not, because regardless they won that game too, along with the fact that they are pretty much contenders every year because they are a GOOD team, whether you want to acknowledge that fact or not, hater. :D

we haven't heard anything from the raven players on that so we don't know if they were in that game. Beli-CHEAT will have to enjoy deflate ball all he can because while he is in the superbowl,the officials are going to thoroughly more than they ever have before in any of the playoff games this year,make sure there is nothing wrong with balls of the seahawks,that they are proper footballs.

Obviously not, because regardless they won that game too, along with the fact that they are pretty much contenders every year because they are a GOOD team, whether you want to acknowledge that fact or not, hater. :D

There are several teams who are contenders nearly every single year. The Colts are one. The Ravens are one. The Steelers are one, the Broncos are one. And that's just in the AFC. But none of those teams are known cheaters.

We're the balls deflated? :dunno:

I find it all amusing, Carroll cheated at USC, Seattle fans have no issue with him cheating and Belichek, the Patriot fans have no issue with him cheating.

Sources within the NFL have confirmed that 11 of the 12 balls were deflated. It's not a question of whether or not it happened anymore. The question is how the Patriots will be penalized.

Patriots won fair and square. Blount had an excellent game too. Deflated balls certainly had nothing to do with how he dominated the Colts defense. Lol. :) Face it, the Patriots won because they played a better game. Of course, the haters are going to accuse them of cheating. It happens EVERY year. :wink_2:

we haven't heard anything from the raven players on that so we don't know if they were in that game. Beli-CHEAT will have to enjoy deflate ball all he can because while he is in the superbowl,the officials are going to thoroughly more than they ever have before in any of the playoff games this year,make sure there is nothing wrong with balls of the seahawks,that they are proper footballs.

Jim Harbaugh reported just recently that the Ravens organization has been contacted by the NFL about the investigation. He said they had no way of knowing because they never handled the Patriots' balls (tee hee) during that game

Patriots won fair and square. Blount had an excellent game too. Deflated balls certainly had nothing to do with how he dominated the Colts defense. Lol. :) Face it, the Patriots won because they played a better game. Of course, the haters are going to accuse them of cheating. It happens EVERY year. :wink_2:

I only remember them being accused of cheating twice, and both times it was confirmed that they had.

Try being a Steelers fan. We're accused of having the refs on our side every other game. :D

I only remember them being accused of cheating twice, and both times it was confirmed that they had.

Try being a Steelers fan. We're accused of having the refs on our side every other game. :D

All I know is that I watch every single one of the Pats games, and they are a great team. That is why they win games. You can see that by watching the highlights. If the allegations are true, then I have no idea why the Patriots would do that because, obviously, they do not have to do such things in order to win games. We have MANY weapons. :)

well you DID have hometown refs in the superbowl against the seahawks.I spoke to many steeler fans back then and they said they did not feel good about winning that game the way so many bad calls were given to the steelers.I did not care one way or another who won that game back then but it was clear in that game,they had hometown refs.

well you DID have hometown refs in the superbowl against the seahawks.I spoke to many steeler fans back then and they said they did not feel good about winning that game the way so many bad calls were given to the steelers.I did not care one way or another who won that game back then but it was clear in that game,they had hometown refs.

Oh God, a conspiracy theory would be nothing new out of your pie hole, that's for sure. :cuckoo:

Oh God, a conspiracy theory would be nothing new out of your pie hole, that's for sure. :cuckoo:

oh please,bone up on your reading skills,I didn't give a shit who won that game but it was obvious the refs had it hard up for the steelers conspiracy THEORIST.:cuckoo:

oh and love how as always,you ignore FACTS the one that many steeler fans I spoke to back then said they did not feel good about winning that game the way it was given to them.according to YOUR warped logic,all those steeler fans were conspiracy theorists as well.:cuckoo: idiot.grow up and keep politics out of it conspiracy THEORIST.

Refs gave the Super Bowl to the Steelers, Lol! I love how these nutters love the conspiracy.

Forum List

Back