Deja vu, anyone?

We are overdue for a recession, the Fed is raising interest rates while quantitatively tightening. The stock market has run up over the last decade during a period of very little growth. Companies used cheap money and cash to buy back shares in order to prop up stock prices. It all has to unwind before it can move forward. I expect the next 6-18 months will be a painful unwinding for many folks. And Trump will have to find someone to blame it on.

We are overdue for a recession, the Fed is raising interest rates while quantitatively tightening. The stock market has run up over the last decade during a period of very little growth. Companies used cheap money and cash to buy back shares in order to prop up stock prices. It all has to unwind before it can move forward. I expect the next 6-18 months will be a painful unwinding for many folks. And Trump will have to find someone to blame it on.
Ford, Carrier, Harley, now GM off-shoring production, retailers closing, infrastructure & grids aging, rail travel becoming extinct... sigh

The GM Layoffs Sure Look Like A Broken Trump Promise

Well for now Trump is blaming it on GM in general and Mary Barra in particular. And his sycophants are echoing his complaint. I think Dobbs is even shoring up Trump's victimhood by claiming GM is doing on purpose to embarrass Trump. The rest of the flunkies are blaming GM quality and the UAW.

None of this helps the Lordstown fate. As a Michigander, my sincere sympathy is with those sad souls who held on to hope long after it was gone. I was lucky because I was old enough to retire when my collateral job got eliminated because of GM shutdowns. But others were hit very hard, and still are after a decade and a half. None of us will ever make it back to before.

Forum List

Back