🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Dem Rep. Quigley on Taxes: ‘If You Love This Country, One of the Things You Do Is Pay Your Fair Share’

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
My "fair share" of your welfare check is zero. My fair share of Green Energy programs is zero

Saturday, during an appearance on MSNBC, Rep. Mike Quigley (D-IL) defended the so-called Inflation Reduction Act’s provision to bolster the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) with an additional 80,000 agents.
According to Quigley, paying taxes was part of it if one “loved” the country.

Taxes are an evil.

There are a few legitimate expenses at the Federal level that we all should pay for. Defense, courts, Border Patrol, State Department, etc. Nothing wrong with paying a fuel tax to fund roads.

Everything else, including all those worthless alphabet agencies, are a waste of money.

If somebody think it is my "patriotic duty" to pay taxes that go for a bloated and wasteful government and a welfare state then they are batshit crazy.

Taxes are an evil.

There are a few legitimate expenses at the Federal level that we all should pay for. Defense, courts, Border Patrol, State Department, etc. Nothing wrong with paying a fuel tax to fund roads.

Everything else including all those worthless alphabet agencies are a waste of meny.

If somebody think it is my "patrotic duty" to pay taxes that go for a bloated and wasteful government and a welfare state then they are batshit crazy.
They are far worse than just a waste of money. They are an assault on my rights. The idea that I should be forced to pay for gender reassignment therapy violates every principle of ethical government.

Taxes are an evil.

Everything else, including all those worthless alphabet agencies, are a waste of money.

If somebody think it is my "patriotic duty" to pay taxes that go for a bloated and wasteful government and a welfare state then they are batshit crazy.
That's the problem with living in a democracy, you don't get to do whatever you want.

He may be right. I'd vigiorously argue that management of taxes is even MORE important.

If tax evasion can lead to punishment as high as prison, what should mismanagement, abuse and handouts of tax dollars to wealthy donors be punishable by?

Last edited:
It isn't the taxes that are the problem, it's the out-of-control profligate spending on shit that is not necessary and is subject to a ridiculous amount of Fraud, Waste, and Abuse. Especially at a time when we are already fighting problems with inflation and a slow-growth or no-growth economy.

Yet, when the GOP is in charge they spend and water just as much if not more than the Democrats.

Bullshit. The Democrats simply lie to the people on what they are spending on like this phony as hell inflation bill. It's nothing more than throwing away hundreds of billions of dollars on green BS. And when we spend these hundreds of billions of dollars, the envirokooks will simply demand more because climate change is a bottomless money pit.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back