Democracy comes to Alabama 2

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

I mentioned this story last year,
The local white guys used to appoint each other to the town council. Anyway now they have had rgeir racist arses kicked down the road. My feeing is that they should be locked up like klan shite should.

Im sure we can all agree on that

Our ill educated OP once more latching on to absurd individual examples in order to make sweeping generalisations .

They had not had elections in this backward place for fifty years . Of course there is mayhem when the Old Guard have to be kicked out

Our ill educated OP simply parroting Guardian stories -- the mouthpiece for drivel and only kept financially alive by Bill Gates sponsorship .
Incapable of background research or individual thought .
Just squawk .

I make it 23 white guys.
Possibly. Technically our city of 43K doesn't directly elect the Mayor either but the Mayor has no real special power. It is usually the person with the most extra time and willingness to go out to schools and ground breakings and such. We elect the city council at large and then they elect the Mayor from among their membership. The City Manager really runs the day to day show. Interesting though is one of my uncles is a mayor of a city of around 30K in North Carolina and is elected by the public but he literally has no formal power whatsoever other than "advise". He did when he was on city council but then he lost that when he ran for mayor as the mayor cannot be on city council there.

I mentioned this story last year,
The local white guys used to appoint each other to the town council. Anyway now they have had rgeir racist arses kicked down the road. My feeing is that they should be locked up like klan shite should.

Im sure we can all agree on that
Any evidence that this had ANYTHING to do with race? Even your article doesn’t really elude to that. Sounds like they had their “buddy system” in place and didn’t recognize any official election.

I’m not saying it wasn’t about race, but you come here and talk about “klan shite” when you have no evidence it was even about race.

Any evidence that this had ANYTHING to do with race? Even your article doesn’t really elude to that. Sounds like they had their “buddy system” in place and didn’t recognize any official election.

I’m not saying it wasn’t about race, but you come here and talk about “klan shite” when you have no evidence it was even about race.
I think in a town with 80% black residents and zero black council members it is fairly obvious that it is race based.

Possibly. Technically our city of 43K doesn't directly elect the Mayor either but the Mayor has no real special power. It is usually the person with the most extra time and willingness to go out to schools and ground breakings and such. We elect the city council at large and then they elect the Mayor from among their membership. The City Manager really runs the day to day show. Interesting though is one of my uncles is a mayor of a city of around 30K in North Carolina and is elected by the public but he literally has no formal power whatsoever other than "advise". He did when he was on city council but then he lost that when he ran for mayor as the mayor cannot be on city council there.
Sounds similar. Over here its done on a buggins turn. Everyone gets a turn if they can stay on the council long enough.

I think in a town with 80% black residents and zero black council members it is fairly obvious that it is race based.

Well, you can assume that. They say they’ve just been doing it that way for decades.

We really don’t know, it’s never said. Have the towns folk complained about racism in their city government?

Forum List

Back