Democrat Sen. Joe Manchin Backs Putting Social Security, Medicare "On The Table" In Coming Years, tells Biden: "you can't tax your way out of debt!"

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
"Democratic" Sen. Joe Manchin announces that he's open to cutting Social Security for younger generations that will need it in the future — a disgusting betrayal of one of our party's most central policies.

Cavuto gave Manchin a forum for a ralatively insignificant stance. Is it a trend to groom Manchin for a challenge to Biden in '24

Senators and congressmen have been whining about spending and the Debt since forever.
Do they vote to cut spending? Hell no.
They just whine and spend more.
As the Fed raises interest rates that $32T debt and the interest payments are starting to bite hard.

I say we start by cutting the retirement pay of Senators in Congress.​

What does a senator make in retirement? - Beagle

https://meetbeagle.com › resources › post › what-does-a...

Senators earn a pension of up to 80% of their final salary, and they must have completed at least five years of service to be eligible for a pension.
Here's something I can agree with. In fact, it gave me an idea. Instead of having term limits, which I oppose, we could drastically cut back on benefits such as this, whereas there would be less incentive for them to want to be continuously re-elected. However, Manchin is correct. We have to get spending under control because all politicians are tax and spend. So, you can't get our national debt under control by continuously just taxing more. Spending has to be brought back under control.

Forum List

Back