Democrats Must Choose Next Year: Lap Dogs Or Guard Dogs?

"The Government's job isn't to help Americans"? Really? Then why have government?

"......to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States...."

Now I know that many of you will ask what the difference is between that and the citizenry. Every place that the Constitution talks about individuals or the citizenry it says the People. Likewise with the States. Congress, and the Government in general only have legitimate mandate to deal with the Nation as a whole or as an entity itself. That means a massive amount of what's in our budget and our Federal Statutes is illegal and unconstitutional.

Are you kidding me. Congress and the senate are filled with shit zus, misspelling intended, and chihuahuas.

More like lap dogs for the big banks, according to Ms. Warren. And she's right. Citibank, JPMorgan Chase, Goldman Sachs, et al. are running the country. Eric Holder should have prosecuted many of them for fraud after the mortgage crisis. But not one slimy hair on a Wall Street banker's head has been touched.

Lolz ... The companies who control the money are running the country ... And you need Senator Warren to figure that out? Who the hell else would be running the country?

If you are wondering why Eric Holder and the Justice Department didn't prosecute the bankers ... It is because they were never going to put the bankers in the witness stand during a trial ... Not that the bankers weren't guilty. If they had ... The bankers would have taken all the corrupt politicians and political cronies down with them.

They couldn't prosecute because half of Congress would have ended up in jail when the bankers testified against them.

Are you kidding me. Congress and the senate are filled with shit zus, misspelling intended, and chihuahuas.

More like lap dogs for the big banks, according to Ms. Warren. And she's right. Citibank, JPMorgan Chase, Goldman Sachs, et al. are running the country. Eric Holder should have prosecuted many of them for fraud after the mortgage crisis. But not one slimy hair on a Wall Street banker's head has been touched.

Nope, she's a corrupt hypocrite just like the rest of them:

Elizabeth Warren crusader against greedy banks made a profit flipping homes - New York Manhattan Conservative Examiner.com

1. There is nothing illegal in buying and selling a house for profit, whether you do it in a day or a year.
2. You should really dig a little deeper into these things. Comparing Warren to Citibank is laughable.

"""Democratic U.S. Senate hopefulElizabeth Warren dismissed Republican criticisms about past real estate transactions on Tuesday, following a conference call hosted by the Massachusetts GOP targeting the Harvard Law School professor on the topic.

The Republicans referenced a recent Boston Herald report which listed several instances where Warren and her husband Bruce Mann lent money to family members who purchased houses, rehabilitated them and sold them for profits. Most of the transactions took place in the 1990s and one took place in 2000, according to the Herald, but all were well ahead of the U.S. housing market collapse."""

Elizabeth Warren dismisses GOP criticisms over real estate transactions

Elizabeth Warren dismisses GOP criticisms over real estate transactions masslive.com

Lolz ... The companies who control the money are running the country ... And you need Senator Warren to figure that out? Who the hell else would be running the country?

If you are wondering why Eric Holder and the Justice Department didn't prosecute the bankers ... It is because they were never going to put the bankers in the witness stand during a trial ... Not that the bankers weren't guilty. If they had ... The bankers would have taken all the corrupt politicians and political cronies down with them.

They couldn't prosecute because half of Congress would have ended up in jail when the bankers testified against them.

She's the only politician who will even TALK about it, if you are actually listening to any of them.

We need to give them the power to do it.

If anyone else gets into office, whether they be Republican or Hillary or Biden, the big banks will repeat the scam of the housing bubble all over again. And just like last time, they will become wealthy and the taxpayer will get stuck with the tab of a massive mortgage crisis. It will kick this country into the dirt one last final time.

Yep ... The taxpayer got stuck with the bill the people couldn't pay on their mortgage when lenders were encouraged by Congress (threatened to be hauled off to court) to offer loans to people who previously would never have qualified.

But I am sure Senator Warren would make a very entertaining campaign ... And hope she gets the nomination.

I don't know if Warren is a lap dog or a guard dog but she is definitely a dog. The question is will she turn on her master.

She's the only politician who will even TALK about it, if you are actually listening to any of them.

I do my best not to listen to politicians. Especially ones who lie about their heritage for personal gain and have an interest in being something other than just an "American".

Good for her ... I think she should keep on talking.

In fact I hope she talks until the cows come home ... And manages to push Hilary to the back row. In fact I hope people like you keep talking about her as often as possible and to as many people as you can.

Hell ... I hope Senator Warren and Representative Waters make you their campaign manager,

"The Government's job isn't to help Americans"? Really? Then why have government?

"......to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States...."

Now I know that many of you will ask what the difference is between that and the citizenry. Every place that the Constitution talks about individuals or the citizenry it says the People. Likewise with the States. Congress, and the Government in general only have legitimate mandate to deal with the Nation as a whole or as an entity itself. That means a massive amount of what's in our budget and our Federal Statutes is illegal and unconstitutional.

Seriously, saying that "The Government's job isn't to help Americans" ranks among the dumbest statements that I've ever read on the Internet. Have you ever read the U.S. Constitution?

Why are they mutually exclusive? They will continue to be Obamas lap guard and will guard him regardless.

Apparently you don't follow national politics very closely.

whether I do or don't depends on how you define very closely and is irrelevant to the fact that they are both obamas lap and guard dogs.

logic isn't your strong suit is it?

Seriously, saying that "The Government's job isn't to help Americans" ranks among the dumbest statements that I've ever read on the Internet. Have you ever read the U.S. Constitution?

Saying that it is the place of the US Government to help people instead of making them support themselves is in direct contradiction to the entire spirit and letter of the Constitution. I've read the document numerous times. The intent was for a Weak Federal Government and the Strong State/Local Government system. Unfortunately John Wilkes Booth and his associates took too long to assassinate Lincoln and any hope of that style of Government went out the window with the defeat of the Confederacy.

The Democrats' primary mission in the next two years should be to show the GOP what obstruction looks like from the other perspective.

I agree ... And I think Senator Warren should lead the charge.

I think the Senator should rally more troops to her side in Congress. I hope she finally exposes exactly what the Democrats have always stood for and held close to their hearts.

I hope she is so successful that she convinces the entire Democrat party they have no better choice to run for President in 2016.

The Democrats' primary mission in the next two years should be to show the GOP what obstruction looks like from the other perspective.
think so?

what will that do? Will this help Democrats, the nation?

McConnell had a long term strategy. He used tactics in a very focused way. You sound more like a reactionary than somebody who has a credible and reasonable plan

Saying that it is the place of the US Government to help people instead of making them support themselves is in direct contradiction to the entire spirit and letter of the Constitution. I've read the document numerous times. The intent was for a Weak Federal Government and the Strong State/Local Government system. Unfortunately John Wilkes Booth and his associates took too long to assassinate Lincoln and any hope of that style of Government went out the window with the defeat of the Confederacy.

Try reading the U.S. Constitution with your head out of your ass next time.

It isn't the job of the government to make people do anything ... The government's job is to protect people and their rights.

It isn't there to help them with everything, redistribute the wealth or provide the people with a security blanket ... Nor make the people do anything.

WASHINGTON -- Thursday's failed rebellion over the omnibus government funding bill offered two radically different models for the Democratic Party over the next two years. Which will it be: a unified, determined opposition or junior partners to a more powerful GOP?

The determined opposition was on display when Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) declared Wednesday that they would do whatever they could -- short of shutting down the government -- to strip a Wall Street giveaway from the so-called cromnibus bill.

It reared up again Thursday when House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) delivered an impassioned plea on the House floor to oppose the bill over provisions that chipped away at the Dodd-Frank financial reform law and campaign finance limits.

Pelosi's stand nearly won, almost killing the cromnibus during a procedural vote. The handful of Democrats who had intended to let it go through changed their votes, and every Democrat backed their leader.

"I'm giving you the leverage to do whatever you have to do," Pelosi later told her caucus in a closed-door meeting. "We have enough votes to show them never to do this again."

But then came the matter of final passage of the bill, and Pelosi said her members should vote their consciences. For 57 House Democrats, their inner voices told them to take what they could get from House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and let the Republicans have their goodies, too.

Some questioned the fate of Democrats in a GOP-controlled Congress if they were willing to cave now, while they still control the Senate.

"If you let them bully you on this, they're for sure going to bully you on immigration and they're for sure going to bully you on the Affordable Care Act," Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.), who co-chairs the Congressional Progressive Caucus, told HuffPost in an interview Friday. "At what point do we say no?"

"I don't want to speculate what's going to happen next year, but I think the American people want us to stand tall and oppose a right-wing Republican agenda, which is designed to protect the wealthy and the powerful," said Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), who caucuses with the Democrats. Sanders then called the anti-Dodd-Frank provisions "disgusting" and a "disaster."

More: Failed Omnibus Revolt Leaves Democrats Pondering Future In The Minority

I hope our elected Democrats give Republicans/Teabaggers a taste of their own medicine. Therefore, I am hopeful that Democrats will be more like guard dogs than lap dogs. Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) is setting a good example...so far...
So let me get this right..... When Republicans stand up to the majority democrats they are the party of no and have no desire other then to shut the Government down. When Democrats stand up to the majority Republicans they are voting their conscious and what the people want.

I got that right?

You hit the nail on the head my friend. :beer:

Try reading the U.S. Constitution with your head out of your ass next time.
The Federal Government was not granted any people powers except in regards Military and Government employees, that is supposed to be left to the States.

Forum List

Back