Democrats propose temporary suspension of federal gas tax to offset soaring prices

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Oh look who's all concerned with a disastrous mid-term staring them in the face.....I figure it's just a red-herring to try to get the gop on record as opposing it.

WASHINGTON - Two Democratic senators on Wednesday unveiled a proposal to temporarily suspend the federal gas tax in order to help blunt the financial pain of surging prices at the pump.

The Gas Prices Relief Act, introduced by Sens. Mark Kelly of Arizona and Maggie Hassan of New Hampshire, would eliminate the federal gas tax – which has remained at 18.4 cents per gallon since 1993 – for the remainder of the year.

Oh look who's all concerned with a disastrous mid-term staring them in the face.....I figure it's just a red-herring to try to get the gop on record as opposing it.

WASHINGTON - Two Democratic senators on Wednesday unveiled a proposal to temporarily suspend the federal gas tax in order to help blunt the financial pain of surging prices at the pump.

The Gas Prices Relief Act, introduced by Sens. Mark Kelly of Arizona and Maggie Hassan of New Hampshire, would eliminate the federal gas tax – which has remained at 18.4 cents per gallon since 1993 – for the remainder of the year.

Sure. Let's pass on the quickly-decaying roads and bridges to the next Congress ran by Republicans. Let them deal with it so the Democrats can tell them what a bad job they're doing with "infrastructure."

I don't have the words how to express how much I hate those cocksuckers running this show now.

Sure. Let's pass on the quickly-decaying roads and bridges to the next Congress ran by Republicans. Let them deal with it so the Democrats can tell them what a bad job they're doing with "infrastructure."

I don't have the words how to express how much I hate those cocksuckers running this show now.
Well they are consistent, you have to say that for them. ;)

Dimm's are the create-a-problem party so we can create more problems!!

They've turned the USA into the world's largest insane asylum.

Buy more guns n' ammo!

That is pretty funny. You think the Republicans would go on the record opposing it with an average price off $3.49/Gal nationally and rising? I thought Republicans were anti-tax and never saw a tax cut they didn't like.

I didn’t think they’d have it in them to suspend the gas tax under any circumstances. I will believe it when I see it. My bet is a few Democrats will push for it and the leaders will figure a way to have it fail and put the blame on Republicans.

That is pretty funny. You think the Republicans would go on the record opposing it with an average price off $3.49/Gal nationally and rising? I thought Republicans were anti-tax and never saw a tax cut they didn't like.

That's not the way you deal with it. Any sane President would have our oil and gas industry going balls to the wall right now, especially the way Russia and China are acting up. Lower the price of gas back down to Trump levels, and I wouldn't give a shit if the federal government tacked on another 20 or 30 cent tax.

So the same clowns that still want another 'infrastructure' bill want to sabotage paying for current infrastructure that gas taxes contribute to? How does that make sense if there are no spending cuts? Liberals are fucking stupid.

The gas tax funds a shit-ton of pork for the gop in their states.

The federal gas tax goes in the Highway Trust Fund. The HTF was headed for insolvency by 2021, and Congress was transferring money from other sources to cover it. Plus there are all those electric cars out there, that don't pay gas taxes.

Biden's plan to suspend the federal gas tax is probably just a ploy to cover up the HTF's insolvency, so he can raise the tax when it comes out of suspension.

Who knows what those assholes are really up to anymore?

Two democrat senators muddy the water with an impossible bill. Why not encourage oil exploration?

It's like when the kid breaks the cookie jar, and then lies to his mom about it. Joe Biden broke the cookie jar with his insanely-stupid oil and gas policies. And now they're trying to lie their way out of it by suspending the tax and blaming the oil companies for the high prices.

Democrats cannot do anything different than to fuck things up, then try to cover it up with a lie when they get the blame.

It's like when the kid breaks the cookie jar, and then lies to his mom about it. Joe Biden broke the cookie jar with his insanely-stupid oil and gas policies. And now they're trying to lie their way out of it by suspending the tax and blaming the oil companies for the high prices.

Democrats cannot do anything different than to fuck things up, then try to cover it up with a lie when they get the blame.

You are so right!!
We are caught in a Dimm Insanity matrix.
Oil at $200 a barrel by this year's end

Um...retard? A big infrastructure bill has been passed by Biden and the Democrats already. Something Trump promised to do but never did.

Trump had a deal with the Dems ready to go. Bigger than the one Biden just achieved. But then he walked away from the deal because he was upset over the investigations into his wrongdoing.

Government by snit defines the Trump administration.

Two democrat senators muddy the water with an impossible bill. Why not encourage oil exploration?
Oil companies are sitting on 11 million acres the size of Massachusetts and won't budge. Why don't they investigate these oil companies, all with records profits and why they continue to raise the prices?

“The bumper profit totals, provided exclusively to the Guardian, show that in the third quarter of 2021 alone, 24 top oil and gas companies made more than $74bn in net income. From January to September, the net income of the group, which includes Exxon, Chevron, Shell and BP, was $174bn.”

Forum List

Back