🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Dems to Ban Gasoline Car Sales in CA?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
This is but one legislator right now, but this is the kind of loopy thing Dems do these days in placating the far left.

Dont be surprised if this happens in CA before the 2020 elections.

California lawmaker wants to ban gas car sales after 2040

France and the United Kingdom are doing it. So is India. And now one lawmaker would like California to follow their lead in phasing out gasoline- and diesel-powered vehicles.

When the Legislature returns in January, Assemblyman Phil Ting plans to introduce a bill that would ban the sale of new cars fueled by internal-combustion engines after 2040. The San Francisco Democrat said it’s essential to get California drivers into an electric fleet if the state is going to meet its greenhouse gas reduction targets, since the transportation sector accounts for more than a third of all emissions.

“The market is moving this way. The entire world is moving this way,” Ting said. “At some point you need to set a goal and put a line in the sand.”​

It will be a very long time before electric cars will be practical in the United States.

Replacing the internal combustion engine is long overdue. This is the 21st century and it's time to start experimenting with alternative methods for powering vehicles and conveyances. Using fossil fuels is not only bad for health, the rising costs are always maxed out in California. I hope that in my lifetime some young genius creates an engine that runs on seawater and emits oxygen.

Replacing the internal combustion engine is long overdue. This is the 21st century and it's time to start experimenting with alternative methods for powering vehicles and conveyances. Using fossil fuels is not only bad for health, the rising costs are always maxed out in California. I hope that in my lifetime some young genius creates an engine that runs on seawater and emits oxygen.

People dont replace things by government demand.

They do it with free market choice when there is a better product.

If Tesla made a cheap electric car and there was adequate support for them, people would go for it, methinks, but you have to build a better mouse trap and not pass laws telling people to buy other kinds of mouse traps.

UN Agenda 21/Sustainable Development is the action plan implemented worldwide to inventory and control all land, all water, all minerals, all plants, all animals, all construction, all means of production, all energy, all education, all information, and all human beings in the world. INVENTORY AND CONTROL.----Rosa Koire

DEMOCRATS  AGAINST  U. N.  AGENDA  21

People dont replace things by government demand.

They do it with free market choice when there is a better product.

If Tesla made a cheap electric car and there was adequate support for them, people would go for it, methinks, but you have to build a better mouse trap and not pass laws telling people to buy other kinds of mouse traps.
Well, except for:

- Leaded gasoline
- engines w/o catalytic converters
- cars w/o seat belts
- cars w/o airbags
- cars w/o windshield defoggers
- cars w/o rear view mirrors

Ther's 6 off the top of my head, just in the automotive industry, and it would be easy to name plenty more. And that's just one industry.

Therefore, I rate your comment "nonsense".

U.N. Agenda 21 cites the affluence of Americans as being a major problem which needs to be corrected. It calls for lowering the standard of living for Americans so that the people in poorer countries will have more, a redistribution of wealth. Although people around the world aspire to achieve the levels of prosperity we have in our country, and will risk their lives to get here, Americans are cast in a very negative light and need to be taken down to a condition closer to average in the world. Only then, they say, will there be social justice which is a cornerstone of the U.N. Agenda 21 plan.
What is UN Agenda 21?

Forum List

Back