DeSantis to Veto $35M to Tampa Rays Over Stance on Gun Issues

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
haha.jpeg

These sports teams and leagues need to stop listening to the woke youth they have hired....

Honestly, they have a pretty damn good situation, they should stop pretending that their virtue signalling, which is what it is; moves the needle at all.

The owners of MLB teams have armed security, most probably own a gun in their large estates they call homes, and, they have little to NO appreciation of challenges people face. Thus, they should generally stay out of politics, especially hot button items and/or legal/constitution issues.

If they want to engage in P.R, have players visit hospitals, donate to the homeless, donate to worthy causes of those in need, all the power to them.

As you say, billionaires sports team owners who don't even innovate or compete globally deserve zero dollars of taxpayer support.

Go woke, go broke.
I’m so old I remember when sports was a getaway escape from real world issues.

Why does Florida give millions to build a stadium for a company that charges people $200 a ticket to watch the game?

Do they build restaurants for McDonalds and movie theaters for AMC?

I think if Desantis ran against Trump, I'd vote for DeSantis, mainly because of his age, and the fact that he appears to be numb to any, and all, criticism. He just does what he does, and doesn't seem to care who has a problem with it. And, he moves on to the next order if business.

I feel like Trump get's too caught up in the criticism, and in my opinion, he had started to succumb to it. In his defense, I can't imagine anyone ever going through what Trump went through.

Good for him.

I like his no nonsense attitude. He sees something that's bad for his state or America and takes action. No big fanfare, no name calling, no blaming anyone or any of that shit. He just does what he has to do.

I think if Desantis ran against Trump, I'd vote for DeSantis, mainly because of his age, and the fact that he appears to be numb to any, and all, criticism. He just does what he does, and doesn't seem to care who has a problem with it. And, he moves on to the next order if business.

I feel like Trump get's too caught up in the criticism, and in my opinion, he had started to succumb to it. In his defense, I can't imagine anyone ever going through what Trump went through.
DeSantis/Youngkin makes me smile.

I love DeSantis!

I also love baseball.

My best friend had season tickets to the Rays and I could have gone to just about any game I wanted.

However, I don't support MLB anymore.

The Tampa Bay Rays went down to Cuba to play a game for Castro and The Worthless Negro. It was despicable and at that time I decided no more MLB or any more Rays. Piss on them!

Why would any taxpayer's money be given away to a goddamn sports team anyway?

DeSantis is great.

He is telling these businesses in Florida that this ain't Kommie Kalifornia and they need to go be woke elsewhere.

Why does Florida give millions to build a stadium for a company that charges people $200 a ticket to watch the game?

Do they build restaurants for McDonalds and movie theaters for AMC?

Usually when a city spends money to build or help build sports venues, it does so because the facilities will be publicly used for other events, such as conventions, shows, etc, that will bring in people and money to the community.

Forum List

Back