🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Despite losing, he's still the champ

Unrest in Japan, Daiki Kameda is Still The IBF Champ - Boxing News

It seems the press was a bit confused by the fact that Kameda retained the title despite losing the fight to Solis. It seems to me the real question is why Solis would go through with the fight knowing he'd already blown it.

I don't watch boxing, but I've seen MMA fights where someone didn't make weight. They may be contractually obligated to fight one way or the other. :dunno:

I certainly understand the rule, though. You can't lose a title to someone who isn't in your weight class, which is basically the case when someone doesn't make weight.

Unrest in Japan, Daiki Kameda is Still The IBF Champ - Boxing News

It seems the press was a bit confused by the fact that Kameda retained the title despite losing the fight to Solis. It seems to me the real question is why Solis would go through with the fight knowing he'd already blown it.

I don't watch boxing, but I've seen MMA fights where someone didn't make weight. They may be contractually obligated to fight one way or the other. :dunno:

I certainly understand the rule, though. You can't lose a title to someone who isn't in your weight class, which is basically the case when someone doesn't make weight.
In the UFC, any fighter that misses weight has to give a percentage of his earnings to the other fighter. If it's a title fight, and the challenger misses weight, the fight becomes a non-title match. That is in addition to the challenger giving a percentage of his earnings to the champion.

If a fighter misses weight, he may decide not to fight. However, if he doesn't fight, he will not get paid. So most fighters still choose to fight even after missing weight.

Good points all.

Not making weight is unforgivable.

Forum List

Back