Devin Nunes could be the acting president on 1/20/21.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
If the GOP wins the House back, and the Electoral college hasn't decided who won by January 20th, 2021, then by law, the sitting Speaker of the House becomes the acting POTUS. ( whoever they elect- my guess - it would be Nunes)

In a darker case scenario, Nancy Pelosi could become president or if they elected a new speaker the next president could be AOC.

It's doubtful if it would take more than two months but the President would remain in office until the electoral votes were tallied.

It's doubtful if it would take more than two months but the President would remain in office until the electoral votes were tallied.

I read a few days ago that if there were a contested election result the House would choose the president. It happened with Jefferson, I believe, and once again in like the 1830s

I read a few days ago that if there were a contested election result the House would choose the president. It happened with Jefferson, I believe, and once again in like the 1830s
If the GOP wins the House back, and the Electoral college hasn't decided who won by January 20th, 2021, then by law, the sitting Speaker of the House becomes the acting POTUS. ( whoever they elect- my guess - it would be Nunes)

In a darker case scenario, Nancy Pelosi could become president or if they elected a new speaker the next president could be AOC.

you are wrong, the speaker only becomes president if both president and vice-president are dead or incapacitated. If the election isn’t called, the House elects a president based upon one vote per state. Since there are more red than blue states, the next president would be a republican, and quite likely Trump.

Forum List

Back