DHS preparing to arrest sanctuary city leaders?

:lol:

Not gonna happen.

But keep your hopes up, it's fun to watch.
That's sorta why I ended the OP heading with a question mark. I don't know but to me it seems like they are breaking fed laws by helping illegals.

Well, that's the thing. Sanctuary city policies don't "help" illegal immigrants - they just don't help the feds.

There's no law that says states or cities have to actively help the federal government against their own interests.
I see your point, but they are harboring illegals, some which are very bad people, and most Americans don't want them here. So their interest isn't the interest of most Americans. In which in one way or the other, if will effect all of us, and not in a good way.

"Most Americans" don't get a say in California's laws.

Their laws don't have to benefit people in Texas, or be in the interests of Vermont.

Not gonna happen.

That's sorta why I ended the OP heading with a question mark. I don't know but to me it seems like they are breaking fed laws by helping illegals.

Well, that's the thing. Sanctuary city policies don't "help" illegal immigrants - they just don't help the feds.

There's no law that says states or cities have to actively help the federal government against their own interests.
I see your point, but they are harboring illegals, some which are very bad people, and most Americans don't want them here. So their interest isn't the interest of most Americans. In which in one way or the other, if will effect all of us, and not in a good way.

Their laws don't have to benefit people in Texas, or be in the interests of Vermont.
They do have to benefit the citizens of the state.....not the non-citizens.

Cut off the federal dollars and cart the politicians off to Leavenworth. I bet they'd cooperate with ICE then.

Not gonna happen.

I can make a strong argument that they do benefit the citizens of the state, but this isn't the thread for it. It's a different topic.

Either way, it's up to the citizens of the state to make that decision, not you.

They have come out and said publicly that they will not cooperate with federal authorities.
Okay fine....bring in hundreds of ICE officers and run roughshod over LA.
Any deaths are on your hands.

You seem upset. Maybe you should take a midol.

Hide in your safe space and watch......

I don't need to "hide", emotional trainwreck. I'm not the one having a breakdown.

LOL...emotional breakdown.
You're the dumb assess with their feet to the fire.
On a side note. I stand to benefit from illegals and the cheap labor they represent since I'm retired.
Yet I'd rather pay more for those services if they benefitted real Americans.
Why are you against the American worker? Is it votes or your desire for cheap labor at the cost of Americans?

I assure you, my feet are not near any fire.

Why is it that every post you make is assigning straw men to your "opponents"?

I know it's easy to pretend that you've won when you knock down a strawman you built yourself, but do you really think you're fooling anyone?

So who's the strawman?

You seem upset. Maybe you should take a midol.

I don't need to "hide", emotional trainwreck. I'm not the one having a breakdown.

On a side note. I stand to benefit from illegals and the cheap labor they represent since I'm retired.
Why are you against the American worker? Is it votes or your desire for cheap labor at the cost of Americans?

I know it's easy to pretend that you've won when you knock down a strawman you built yourself, but do you really think you're fooling anyone?

So who's the strawman?

All of the opinions that you've ascribed to me in that post.

funny how the cons abandon *states rights* when it doesn't involve stomping on minorities

not surprising, though

CA should man up and secede. Just fucking go!
No. The ones that need to GO are the assholes like Brown & Co that are speaking for those that live in this state that do NOT agree with his policies.

So vote him out. Or get a petition going to make ban sanctuary policies in the state.

If the majority of Californians agreed with you, one or both of those things would have happened already.

I can make a strong argument that they do benefit the citizens of the state, but this isn't the thread for it. It's a different topic.

Either way, it's up to the citizens of the state to make that decision, not you.
Cool I had no idea. So the citizens of any given state can block federal abortion laws? How about not paying federal income taxes? Up to the state citizens?

So who's the strawman?

All of the opinions that you've ascribed to me in that post.

Do you support illegal immigration or not?

I wish there were a north calif and a south calif. Or..east calif, west calif. Something. Up here in the northeast its so different than southwest. Conservatives mostly here. Let southeast calif be sanctuary if they want. Here, that wouldn't be an issue.

Cool I had no idea. So the citizens of any given state can block federal abortion laws? How about not paying federal income taxes? Up to the state citizens?

Their flimsy excuses keep getting shot down.
I cant wait for the next excuse for illegal immigration,I'm sure it'll set well with the voters.

Brown won't be running again, so he is pulling an Obama: Screwing up this state as much as possible can while he still can.

Their flimsy excuses keep getting shot down.
I cant wait for the next excuse for illegal immigration,I'm sure it'll set well with the voters.
I seem to recall reading about a democrat who tried to block federal civil rights laws by standing on the steps of a schoolhouse. JFK sent in troops.

I vote they not be arrested.

I would fully support a firing squad......fit for traitors.

And speaking of traitors.... where are the invasive outspoken Right Wing moderators?
Seems only the Lemming Left has them.

I honestly don't think making the effort to explain it to you will make much of an impact.

I guess we can start with the fact that there are no "federal abortion laws".

I honestly don't think making the effort to explain it to you will make much of an impact.

I guess we can start with the fact that there are no "federal abortion laws".
There are federal laws. Your claim is that the citizens of states can ignore them.

Wanna try again, or should we dig up George Wallace and ask him about defying federal law?

Forum List

Back