DHS Vans Taking Antifa Away

So you're saying the police violate the constitution every day and everywhere? And you wonder why we want police reforms so badly.
not at all, I merely presented how our constitution works. you're just to fking stupid to learn.
4th amendment requires probable cause.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

There was no probable cause here.
yes there was,,,you just choose to ignore it,,,,
You haven't provided any probable cause.
yes I did,,,
Being at the place where crimes occurred does not constitute probable cause unless they have information that links that particular person to the crimes.

Which they don't have.
how do you know what they have????
The press conference I showed you.

How do you know what they have?
because I have eyes and can see he was leaving the scene of a riot where masked men and women were destroying public property and threatening the lives of public officials while wearing a mask,,,

I didn't ignore it. I politely and calmly explained why what was presented doesn't constitute probable cause.
nope, ignored it. investigating crimes allows for probable cause.

This is idiotic. Probable cause is a level reached by evidence about a specific person committing a specific crime. That doesn't exist here.
prove it???

cause all the evidence says it does exist,,,
But you haven't provided any. You gave a single link to events taking place days after the suspects were arrested which clearly doesn't constitute probable cause.

And nothing else.

So if you can provide the evidence, I'll gladly look at it. Until then, you're claims about it's existence are unsubstantiated.
that link was a continuation of events that resulted in his detainment for questioning,,,

So you're saying the police violate the constitution every day and everywhere? And you wonder why we want police reforms so badly.
not at all, I merely presented how our constitution works. you're just to fking stupid to learn.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

yes I did,,,
Being at the place where crimes occurred does not constitute probable cause unless they have information that links that particular person to the crimes.

Which they don't have.

because I have eyes and can see he was leaving the scene of a riot where masked men and women were destroying public property and threatening the lives of public officials while wearing a mask,,,

What was he seen doing at the scene of the "riot"?

yes I did,,,

Which they don't have.

when did I say they saw him doing something???

they could have been asking him what others were doing since he was there,,,

yes I did,,,

Which they don't have.

Because to constitute probable cause for his arrest, he'd have to be the one seen committing the crime.

If law enforcement wanted to question him about what other people were doing, they can only do so on a voluntary basis. Know your rights.

yes I did,,,

Which they don't have.

Because to constitute probable cause for his arrest, he'd have to be the one seen committing the crime.

If law enforcement wanted to question him about what other people were doing, they can only do so on a voluntary basis. Know your rights.
they didnt arrest him,,,,

and he refused to answer their questions and was released,,,

yes I did,,,

Which they don't have.

I'll have to ask again where you come up with the idea that he wasn't arrested. What legal definition are you applying here?

yes I did,,,

Which they don't have.

given they had been watching for weeks and going over video - there was probable cause.

fuck off with this shit. trump has also had enough (FINALLY) and is sending DHS to the riots now to stop them.

y'all gonna be doing a lot more bitching soon cause we're fucking sick and tired of the lawlessness and refusal to accept responsiblity for it.

barricading a federal building, looting, destroying public property, setting fires to cars and buildings, sounds like probable cause, what does probable cause mean to you?

You listed crimes, not probable cause. If federal agents had seen the suspect doing those things, they'd have probable cause.

But that's not what happened.

Do we know how if they didn't have probable cause? There were cameras, and maybe people were identified and that is why the van stopped them? The pick ups seemed to target specific people. I am not sure of the whole story however those pulled into the van had reasons to lie to the press.

Randomly pulling people in and arresting without cause is a Constitutional violation, however until we get both sides, no one knows.

yes I did,,,

Which they don't have.

I'll have to ask again where you come up with the idea that he wasn't arrested. What legal definition are you applying here?
dont need a legal def,,,just the reality that when he refused to answer their questions they released him,,,

given they had been watching for weeks and going over video - there was probable cause.

Okay. What was the suspect arrested (specifically referencing Pettibone's arrest on July 15th) seen doing on video?

yes I did,,,

Which they don't have.

dont need a legal def,,,just the reality that when he refused to answer their questions they released him,,,

If you want to claim he wasn't arrested, then you do need a legal definition of arrest and explain how what he was subjected to doesn't constitute an arrest.

Okay. What was the suspect arrested (specifically referencing Pettibone's arrest on July 15th) seen doing on video?
why are you asking us???

you should be asking the feds,,,
I'm asking you because you're the ones making the claim. The feds already admitted they didn't see him commit any crimes but that hasn't filtered down to you geniuses.

yes I did,,,

Which they don't have.

If you want to claim he wasn't arrested, then you do need a legal definition of arrest and explain how what he was subjected to doesn't constitute an arrest.
if he was arrested he wouldnt have been allowed to leave without formal charges and a court date,,,

barricading a federal building, looting, destroying public property, setting fires to cars and buildings, sounds like probable cause, what does probable cause mean to you?

You listed crimes, not probable cause. If federal agents had seen the suspect doing those things, they'd have probable cause.

Do we know how if they didn't have probable cause? There were cameras, and maybe people were identified and that is why the van stopped them? The pick ups seemed to target specific people. I am not sure of the whole story however those pulled into the van had reasons to lie to the press.

Randomly pulling people in and arresting without cause is a Constitutional violation, however until we get both sides, no one knows.
The DHS admitted it. That's why the DHS is bending over backwards trying to claim that grabbing people, putting them in vans and driving them to be interrogated wasn't an arrest. Unfortunately, whether they call it an arrest or not is irrelevant as to what it actually is.

Liberals are crushing the authoritarians in the PR department here. On the news, we see faceless goons attacking moms singing lullabies. Only the most hardcore fascists aren't repulsed by that. Most of them are posting here.

So sad. Trump knew he had no chance to win, unless he could instigate violence and then claim to be the nation's savior. Standard fascist tactics. And it blew up in his face, thanks to the bravery of the moms.

why are you asking us???

I'm asking you because you're the ones making the claim. The feds already admitted they didn't see him commit any crimes but that hasn't filtered down to you geniuses.
I never said he committed a crime, just that he was there and brought in for questioning,,,

yes I did,,,

Which they don't have.

if he was arrested he wouldnt have been allowed to leave without formal charges and a court date,,,
Formal charges are not an essential component of an arrest.

why are you asking us???

I never said he committed a crime, just that he was there and brought in for questioning,,,
Unless he was seen doing something, they don't have probable cause.

The DHS admitted it. That's why the DHS is bending over backwards trying to claim that grabbing people, putting them in vans and driving them to be interrogated wasn't an arrest. Unfortunately, whether they call it an arrest or not is irrelevant as to what it actually is.

I missed all of this, I'll go look it up however if it is far left sites are reporting this, I'll give them as much credit as I do far right sites, zero.

Forum List

Back