DHS Words that Will Get You Flagged for Surveillance

I'm about as far from a fan of the obama administration as a person can be but this seems bogus to me. Hunderds of words? That would probably make every single text message or on-line post get flagged.

And the government already has volunteer and paid informers on all the major sites, including ours, I would think.

One must remember when reading things drafted by the various departments of our government that it is likely that the authors are basically overpaid idiots striving to fill page after page of their regulations, guide books and instructions with useless verbiage and elementary level fluff. It is their job to do so.

If I recall correctly, some dufus at OSHA wrote into the regulations regarding farm safety something like this: If a farmer is working close to a manure pit, he shall be careful not to fall into the manure pit.

Our government is little more than a jobs programs for people unfit to work in the private sector.

Last edited:
Government operated packet sniffers have been in operation since the 90's.

Back then when I was active on USENET in talk.politics.guns many of us had their sig lines consist of a block of text of all the words Carnivore sniffed for . . .

Those words are all still there.

New boss same as the old boss. . .

Last edited:
And the government already has volunteer and paid informers on all the major sites, including ours, I would think.

We have been here for years

We are much more effective than a bunch of amateurs like the IRS

OK, finally got it to open. Dang. When should I expect a knock on the door. I stopped forwarding emails because Homeland Security said the forwards were making their job harder. Many of those word, I daresay most, are used every day on discussion forums. I always thought the registered user who was always on but never posted was likely the HS person monitoring the forum. I've been on forums so long, I no longer try to figure that one out. I would just like to know why I have to be patted down every time I board a plane when the TSA person can clearly see that my bare knees are the only thing causing the metal detector wand to beep.

Sorry, not buying this. Look at some of the words, they are very very common. The number of texts, tweets, and posts that would be flagged is astonomical.

Odds are the software is more sophisticated than merely flagging the use of those words. It would have algorithms for frequency, context, association, intention, origin and destination. So the article strikes me as being out of context and aimed at deliberately inflaming a certain segment of the population that is easily riled by something of this nature. The source confirms my suspicion.

Go ahead sheeple and give up all your privacy! The chances of being killed by a terrorist are less than dying from falling in the shower. I was against all this spying from day one.

Forum List

Back