🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

diamond marketing....

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
dont ya just love it...this year....two diamonds in one ring...one for your wife ...the other for your best friend....the same person but you need two diamonds to represent...do people realize that diamonds have no real worth..its all in the how they are marketed and the fact that de beers has the largest market share and keep a tight rein on the market.

I am not fond of diamonds. I pulled all mine from my ring, sold the ring (gold value only as scrap) and the diamonds are now in my jewelry box cuz I don't know what to do with them.

Opals are my favorite stone. So many colors!

Besides..why do folks think a diamond ring is needed to show love or appreciation?

Besides..why do folks think a diamond ring is needed to show love or appreciation?
Materialism.

Jewelry is one of the biggest shams ever. Every piece is always massively discounted as though it really is worth the thousands they say and many people make asinine judgments based entirely off the size of the piece that is given. I have seen couples finance rings before. It is crazy to me.

My wife picked her ring out and it looks nice but cost under 200 bucks. And no, I didn't place a restriction on her. As a matter of fact I had to say no to her first choice because it cost less than mine and I couldn't have that :D

There is just no need for rings to cost 10K+ If that floats your boat go ahead but not me - I dont care how much money I have I will never understand why people spend so much on a small piece of metal with a rock on top.

Yup. The history of how they got people to buy into this scam is right there and yet they keep right on buying these meaningless little rocks.

Three month's salary? Get bent De Beers.

LOL ... no worries for me! I love the "bling" but go for the cheap stuff! They can do great stuff with paste these days ... it sparkles just the same!

o i love diamonds....i just love shney things....opals..will get you in trouble with those born in october ...it is their birthstone and they arent a sharing bunch....i love rubies....and gold...but alas grumpy thinks all diamonds are blood diamonds blah blah blah

I know so many who have lost their diamonds and also many who don't wear them to work, being one who washed hands often for work, I chose a band, with tiny like diamonds it, 30 years and its still doing fine. Never lost or fell apart once.

dont ya just love it...this year....two diamonds in one ring...one for your wife ...the other for your best friend....the same person but you need two diamonds to represent...do people realize that diamonds have no real worth..its all in the how they are marketed and the fact that de beers has the largest market share and keep a tight rein on the market.

They're worth what someone else will pay for them. But that increasingly hypothetical 'someone' wouldn't be me.

o i love diamonds....i just love shney things....opals..will get you in trouble with those born in october ...it is their birthstone and they arent a sharing bunch....i love rubies....and gold...but alas grumpy thinks all diamonds are blood diamonds blah blah blah
I AM an october child. Opal is my birthstone. But I share. :)

Forum List

Back