🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Did being armed protect people from Christopher Dorner?

Procrustes Stretched

Dante's Manifesto
Dec 1, 2008
Did being armed protect people from Christopher Dorner?

Like the people in Big Bear stood a chance if he wanted to shoot them too. Being armed when a coward and a sniper or killer comes a-knocking may make people feel safe, but I doubt after being stalked and profiled any of the armed citizens stood a chance.

This is not an argument against arming for safety, juts a reality check

Would you rather be unarmed when someone like Chris Dorner knocks at your door? I'll take my chances with my guns thank you.

Never in my life did I think that half of the population would spend their time obsessing about what the other half of the population does or doesn't do. If it wasn't for all of the illegal immigration our once great nation would have never gotten to this sorry state.

• Banned
Would you rather be unarmed when someone like Chris Dorner knocks at your door? I'll take my chances with my guns thank you.

He put a handgun and a rifle in different people's faces. They all loved I think because they did not try to play John Wayne. Two in their home and one in a truck on a road. He told them he didn't want to hurt them but would if they attempted to be idiots

• Banned
Never in my life did I think that half of the population would spend their time obsessing about what the other half of the population does or doesn't do. If it wasn't for all of the illegal immigration our once great nation would have never gotten to this sorry state.

They you are clueless about the battle between Federalists and anti-Federalists, Slave owning Southern Crackers and good decent Northern Whites, men and women, dry and wet...:eusa_whistle:

• Banned
Seeing as he wasn't after regular people it is irrelevant.

Stop acting clueless. he put a loaded weapon in the faces of people in SD and Big Bear. He would have killed them if they exercised their rights to protect themselves.

He was mentally unstable and he never belonged on LAPD to begin with. His actions have proven that point in spades.:eek:

He put a handgun and a rifle in different people's faces. They all loved I think because they did not try to play John Wayne. Two in their home and one in a truck on a road. He told them he didn't want to hurt them but would if they attempted to be idiots

Maybe, but it wasn't you or me... And odds are pretty good it never will be either, so what's your point? Other than an emotional one... Because (according to the odds) it isn't a very rational one either.

• Banned

Maybe, but it wasn't you or me... And odds are pretty good it never will be either, so what's your point? Other than an emotional one... Because (according to the odds) it isn't a very rational one either.

Odds were it wasn't going to be any of the people who met the man. Odds are most everyone with a gun will never need it to defend themselves from bodily harm.

You do not want to argue the odds. trust me

Odds were it wasn't going to be any of the people who met the man. Odds are most everyone with a gun will never need it to defend themselves from bodily harm.

Argue the odds??? The odds that someone like Chris Dorner will ever knock on my door, or demand my vehicle are next to nothing, so why the push to disarm Law abiding citizens when nearly the same odds apply to children and tragedies like Sandy Hook? That's right, emotions are trumping rational thinking. And that's all there is to it.

If the TV news was informing me a crazed ex-cop was on the loose in my general facility, and I didn't have a gun, I don't think I'd be saying to myself or my family, "Well thank goodness we are unarmed!"

Nope.

I'd be glad I was packing. And if I was living up in them hills, I'd probably shoot at any bald black man who came within a quarter mile radius of my home, just to be safe. It could be the UPS guy bringing the shampoo I ordered from Gilchrist & Soames, I don't care.

BLARG!!!!

Seeing as he wasn't after regular people it is irrelevant.

Stop acting clueless. he put a loaded weapon in the faces of people in SD and Big Bear. He would have killed them if they exercised their rights to protect themselves.
You have no clue what would have happened...

Not with 100% certainty. Of course not, but...

He would not have given anyone the chance to even blink. Get real. By his actions we know how he would have handled nincompoops like you. After you would have changed into dry panties you'd have talked tough to the media.

Argue the odds??? The odds that someone like Chris Dorner will ever knock on my door, or demand my vehicle are next to nothing, so why the push to disarm Law abiding citizens when nearly the same odds apply to children and tragedies like Sandy Hook? That's right, emotions are trumping rational thinking. And that's all there is to it.

First off I have not pushed the Sandy Hook stuff

Second emotions have nothing to do with any arguments Dante has made

last, when you post the way you do not many people take you seriously

okay little lady man?

Dante you push anything that will allow you to make a thread about why guns should be grabbed.

The fact he killed several armed police officers tells me we all need to be armed. It is bad enough time response is on average 10 minutes from call, but that he could so easily kill armed officers tells me we all need to have the means to defend ourselves from armed crazies.

Forum List

Back