Did Mariano Rivera deserve to be the only unanimous inductee into the hall?

was Rivera worthy of being a unanimous selection?

• Total voters
Sandy Koufax was a frat brother of mine at U of Cincy He had a curve ball that looked like it fell off a table and a fast ball that scared the shit out of hitters He was truly one of the great ones Gibson Marashel {sp} spahn a few of the others
Koufax had a five year period that is unmatched

Walked away from the game after a 27 win season because he didn’t want to live the rest of his life with a dead arm dangling at his side

I had a blue book of 100 or more of his signatures before he got to the big leagues Lost them

Sandy Koufax was a frat brother of mine at U of Cincy He had a curve ball that looked like it fell off a table and a fast ball that scared the shit out of hitters He was truly one of the great ones Gibson Marashel {sp} spahn a few of the others
Koufax had a five year period that is unmatched

Walked away from the game after a 27 win season because he didn’t want to live the rest of his life with a dead arm dangling at his side

Koufax was the most intimidating unhittable pitcher I've ever seen in my life.

In Philadelphia they used to go

(Team executive): "Beautiful day huh Bob?
(other team executive): "yep, great day for a ball game".
(1st executive): "Dodgers, isn't it? Who's pitching?"
(2nd): "Koufax".
(1st): "Koufax. Huh. say.......... is that a cloud way over there? Better call the game off."

Last edited:
I say hell no. A few different reasons why I don’t believe he is worthy of his achievement.
A) He failed as a starting pitcher
B) He wasn’t an everyday player
C) baseball didn’t even have closers untill the 1960’s
D) Babe Ruth wasn’t unanimous and he’s the GOAT. Rivera wasn’t the best player of all time. C’mon.
It's just the result of the demise of the last remaining fossils that were determined to NEVER vote for someone their first time up.

I say hell no. A few different reasons why I don’t believe he is worthy of his achievement.

A) He failed as a starting pitcher

B) He wasn’t an everyday player

C) baseball didn’t even have closers untill the 1960’s

D) Babe Ruth wasn’t unanimous and he’s the GOAT. Rivera wasn’t the best player of all time. C’mon.
He didn’t develop the cutter until after his first season. So to say he failed as a starting pitcher is technically true but it isn’t an apples to apples comparison because his cutter wasn’t in his repertoire at that time.

Forum List

Back