Did you know that the Biden administration threatened to put Musk in jail (his words) if they didn't hire asylum seekers (not approved) in SpaceX?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
The irony of this, is that the U.S had an important policy that they could only hire permanent residents due to national security risks in his industry.

I heard this in an interview he gave recently and had to look it up because it sounded absurd and it is true. This is messed up. Forcing American businesses to hire asylum seekers? Not asylum granted even but just seekers.

What in the f...

WASHINGTON, Aug 24 (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department sued Elon Musk-owned rocket and satellite company SpaceX on Thursday for allegedly discriminating against asylum recipients and refugees in hiring.

"The lawsuit alleges that, from at least September 2018 to May 2022, SpaceX routinely discouraged asylees and refugees from applying and refused to hire or consider them, because of their citizenship status, in violation of the Immigration and Nationality Act," the Justice Department said in a statement.

In job postings and public statements over several years, SpaceX wrongly claimed that under federal regulations known as export control laws, SpaceX could hire only U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents, sometimes referred to as "green card holders," the Justice Department said.
The Justice Department also pointed to online posts from the company's billionaire owner Musk as example of "discriminatory public statements."

The irony of this, is that the U.S had an important policy that they could only hire permanent residents due to national security risks in his industry.

I heard this in an interview he gave recently and had to look it up because it sounded absurd and it is true. This is messed up. Forcing American businesses to hire asylum seekers? Not asylum granted even but just seekers.

What in the f...

WASHINGTON, Aug 24 (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department sued Elon Musk-owned rocket and satellite company SpaceX on Thursday for allegedly discriminating against asylum recipients and refugees in hiring.

"The lawsuit alleges that, from at least September 2018 to May 2022, SpaceX routinely discouraged asylees and refugees from applying and refused to hire or consider them, because of their citizenship status, in violation of the Immigration and Nationality Act," the Justice Department said in a statement.

In job postings and public statements over several years, SpaceX wrongly claimed that under federal regulations known as export control laws, SpaceX could hire only U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents, sometimes referred to as "green card holders," the Justice Department said.
The Justice Department also pointed to online posts from the company's billionaire owner Musk as example of "discriminatory public statements."
How's Musk's campaign contribution coming along? I remember it was to the tune of $45 million per month to the Trump campaign.

Did they ever receive it or is it one of the usual right-wing promise similar to "I will build a wall with Mexico footing the bill" nonsense?

How's Musk's campaign contribution coming along? I remember it was to the tune of $45 million per month to the Trump campaign.

Did they ever receive it or is it one of the usual right-wing promise similar to "I will build a wall with Mexico footing the bill" nonsense?

It isn't accurate, he started a PAC for Trump. $45M a month may not even be a high enough values as many of Musks wealthy tech friends who want a meritocracy to survive in America are going to donate.

Yea, never mind the government suing a company and forcing them to break the law...What about the company's campaign contributions???

What happened to the narrative, companies should be punished for hiring illegals?

:rolleyes:

It isn't accurate, he started a PAC for Trump. $45M a month may not even be a high enough values as many of Musks wealthy tech friends who want a meritocracy to survive in America are going to donate.
It was reported in WSJ and he also admitted to it in his tweets

Elon Musk Has Said He Is Committing Around $45 Million a Month to a New Pro-Trump Super PAC​

After this article published, Musk on X posted a humorous meme responding to it with the caption “FAKE GNUS.” Subsequently, he wrote “Yeah” in response to a post that said: “Elon Musk went from being an Obama voter to pledging $180 million to elect DJT. The woke left really f*cked up. Badly.”

Even poor Diaper Don thought it was true.

shockedcanadian

shocking . wasn't tokyo rose allowed to broadcast from honolulu? enemy propagandists are jammed in canada, aren't they?

Yea, never mind the government suing a company and forcing them to break the law...What about the company's campaign contributions???

What happened to the narrative, companies should be punished for hiring illegals?

:rolleyes:
Because people granted asylum are not illegals, they have every right regarding employment as per US laws.

Yes, that would mean getting jobs in the defense industries. Hence the US govt is suing Musk.

Here ya go...

And the law:
Refugees and asylees are employment eligible incident to their status and are authorized to work indefinitely because their immigration status does not expire.

So, why is Musk whining? Because like the orange douchebag, he is a liar. He lied about giving 45 million dollars to Donny and he is lying about this.

Let me know if you are still confused.

Because people granted asylum are not illegals, they have every right regarding employment as per US laws.

Yes, that would mean getting jobs in the defense industries. Hence the US govt is suing Musk.

Here ya go...

And the law:
Refugees and asylees are employment eligible incident to their status and are authorized to work indefinitely because their immigration status does not expire.

So, why is Musk whining? Because like the orange douchebag, he is a liar. He lied about giving 45 million dollars to Donny and he is lying about this.

You didnt read the post, they were NOT approved for their asylum claim, they simply applied.

I would be interested in knowing how you define an asylum claim of 12M people. You should be hitting these nations governments with sanctions and threats of boycotts, no?

Here ya go...

And the law:

Seeking asylum and being an asylee are two different things.

From your link.........

Asylees​

After being granted asylum in the United States, DHS issues a Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record, to asylees.

You didnt read the post, they were NOT approved for their asylum claim, they simply applied.

I would be interested in knowing how you define an asylum claim of 12M people. You should be hitting these nations governments with sanctions and threats of boycotts, no?
Actually, I did. But you didn't read my links. I proved that asylum seekers have the right to work. What part of that do you find difficult to get?

Prove me wrong with links. Go.

Seeking asylum and being an asylee are two different things.

From your link.........

Asylees​

After being granted asylum in the United States, DHS issues a Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record, to asylees.
Yes. And from the OP's link, they have been granted asylum.

The U.S. Justice Department sued Elon Musk-owned rocket and satellite company SpaceX on Thursday for allegedly discriminating against asylum recipients and refugees in hiring.

Learn to read.

Yes. And from the OP's link, they have been granted asylum.

The U.S. Justice Department sued Elon Musk-owned rocket and satellite company SpaceX on Thursday for allegedly discriminating against asylum recipients and refugees in hiring.

Learn to read.

And then there's this.

SpaceX found a legal workaround to block the DOJ’s …

The Elon Musk-owned SpaceX won a court order preventing the Department of Justice’s hiring discrimination lawsuit from moving forward, as reported earlier by Reuters. In a decision on Wednesday, US District Judge Rolando Olvera ruled that the DOJ’s administrative judges don’t have the authority to review the case.

It's easy for Biden to hire fuckups. That's all he hires. It's a different story in business when you have to produce. Musk doesn't have room for people like Garland, Mayorkas and Kamala. MAGA

Forum List

Back