Disney's latest woke disaster bombs and gets canceled after 1 season

marvin martian

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2020
Disney continues to self-immolate, much to the delight of the majority of the country (and nearly all Star Wars fans).

I hope they have an even worse 2025 ahead...

LOL

Disney's Woke Star Wars Show 'The Acolyte' Crashes, Burns, and Gets Canceled After Just One Season​

Though its season one finale seemed to be setting up the series for more episodes, Deadline reports that Disney has canceled The Acolyte. Things were rocky from the start for the show as Star Wars fans displeased with its cast and premise took to review-bombing it in droves, but Disney’s cancellation decision was reportedly driven by The Acolyte’s less-than-desirable viewership numbers.

The news comes just a little over a year after Disney CEO Bob Iger told CNBC that reigning in spending on big budget Marvel and Star Wars projects could be an important part of his plan to get the company back in a healthier financial position. And given how expensive The Acolyte was to produce, it doesn’t entirely come as a surprise that it’s meeting its end so soon.

I miss the days when Disney kept blacks and minorities in their place.
Negroes were shown as servants and laborers and seemed to enjoy eating Watermelon
Orientals had bad eyesight and seemed to bow a lot
Mexicans were lazy and slept a lot

I am tired of this “Woke” stuff trying to show nonwhites as equals

1724169937487.jpeg

Last edited:
I never watched The Acolyte so I can't say how 'woke' it is, but that doesn't sell to certain groups that Disney normally caters to. It's okay by me for any company to get political, but there could be a price to pay when you do that.

Oh my. I'll bet that is the first time that Disney ever put out a program that didn't perform as well as they had hoped, so they had to cancel it. That sort of thing is just unheard of in the business, isn't it?

they've taken the Stars series, both Wars and Trek, as far as they can.

same with Fast and Furious.

I'm tired of nothing but sequels coming out.

when are they going to teach college students to think, instead of copying previous works?
How about new ideas and concepts? There is an endless cycle of remakes and sequels that deviate from the original story, and many shows and movies focus on special effects for their remakes instead of generating new content or superhero movies that have saturated the movie industry.

Oh my. I'll bet that is the first time that Disney ever put out a program that didn't perform as well as they had hoped, so they had to cancel it. That sort of thing is just unheard of in the business, isn't it?
To Conservatives, anything that fails is either Woke or DEI

Actually, Disney has had a long string of bombs over the past several years.

Did you really not know this, or are you just pretending to be stupid to give me a laugh?

I watched it. I liked a bunch of it. I didn't see it as especially "woke" or anything like that. It was overly ambitious and introduced many, many threads that required the audience be familiar with all sorts of SW canon that I'm not hip to. I felt similarly about Ahsoka -- I had people saying "you won't really understand it until you watch all the seasons of ______". By moving backwards and demanding that the audience have a more comprehensive knowledge base to "get" all the easter eggs and references, Disney is asking too much of the random viewer who isn't already a fan boy.

Look for several successful yet neutral shows on other Networks gettin axed bucause that’s only fair

Forum List

Back