Do Voters Think A Candidate Should Quit If Indicted?

Should a Candidate quit campaigning if indicted?

• Yes, I lean towards democrats

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I lean towards democrats

• Yes, I lean towards Republicans

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No, I lean towards Republcians

• Yes, I consider myself something else

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No, I consider myself something else.

• Total voters

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Of course we have innocent until proven guilty but, what if they are elected then found guilty? It's not like there is anyone who can't be replaced.

Do Voters Think A Candidate Should Quit If Indicted? - Rasmussen Reports™

Fifty-four percent (54%) of Republicans think a candidate charged with a felony should stop campaigning at once, while 41% disagree. Among Democrats, those findings are reversed: Only 40% say the candidate should quit campaigning, but 53% think they should keep running until a court determines their guilt or innocence. Voters not affiliated with either major party are evenly divided.

Of course we have innocent until proven guilty but, what if they are elected then found guilty? It's not like there is anyone who can't be replaced.

Do Voters Think A Candidate Should Quit If Indicted? - Rasmussen Reports™

Fifty-four percent (54%) of Republicans think a candidate charged with a felony should stop campaigning at once, while 41% disagree. Among Democrats, those findings are reversed: Only 40% say the candidate should quit campaigning, but 53% think they should keep running until a court determines their guilt or innocence. Voters not affiliated with either major party are evenly divided.

They should halt their run for public office if a indictment is handed down. It does not mean the individual is guilty of the crime that they are going to trial for, but they need to clear it up so that it does not linger during their run for office.

Now I am assuming this thread is about Hillary Clinton in general, and she has yet have charges brought against her to my knowledge, and until it happen she should stay in if she feel she is a viable candidate but once a indictment is handed down then she should suspend her run for the White House until she get her legal matters straighten out.

This goes for any politician and I am assuming you are asking this because of Hillary Clinton and possible legal troubles over her emails...

Given that indictments almost always mean they have solid proof it should disqualify a candidate from running.
Now if that candidate is the best hope Dems have for retaking office then all bets are off. Even a conviction will be ruled "politically motivated."

I would question who would vote for someone under indictment. There is innocent until proven guilty but normally by the time an indictment is handed down they know something

Forum List

Back