Do You Support The "Gun Show Loophole?"

Do You Support The "Gun Show Loophole?"

• Total voters
Source: Article 2, Section 1, Clause 1

So the term Electoral College came after it was described in Article 2 of the Constitution. Are you so damned stupid you can't even read what is being said? They are talking about the method of electing the President and Vice President.

Let's cut the crap and get back to your original statements.

The first was: "I don't recall ever seeing the right to liberty in the Bill of Rights." I told you to see the 5th Amendment.

The second was: "The right to vote isn't explicitly mentioned in the Constitution." I mistakenly said to see Article I, Clause 2, when I should have said Article 1, Section 2. Which is the FIRST place the Constitution mentions voter qualifications, which provides a right to vote if you meet the qualifications.

So drop the crap about Article 2, that comes from you imagination not my arguments. You also did not address my comments on your delusional statement about militias.

You claim it's a right to liberty, because it mentions it can be deprived by due process of law.

The right of suffrage was left up to the states to determine. Try reading towards the bottom when it was brought up from the Records of the Federal Convention!

Article 1, Section 2, Clause 1: Records of the Federal Convention

No, the declaration of independence established the right to liberty, the 5th Amendment establishes you can't be deprived of it without due process, which confirms it as a right along with life and property.

You finally got something right, that's why Article 1, Section 2 used the qualification of a person being an elector for the most numerous house of the STATE legislature. That qualification was established by the State but was the requirement for voting in Federal Elections.

You're part of the problem, that much is obvious.
Says she who speaks from a position of minldessness, ignorance and bigotry.

Not a single assault rifle, one legally owned by a cilivian, has ever been used in a crime.

If assault rifle were never sold in the first place, NO crimes would ever have been committed with any assault rifles.
I believe that that's called "check mate". :D

Now go stoke your still.

Ya know the exact same thing could be said about hammers and knives.

The problem I have with an "assault weapon" ban is that the definition of what is and what is not an assault weapon has been modified over the years.

I'm a lot less interested in labels than in effective measures to curb gun violence. Whether or not you label something an assualt weapon has become something that does not directly related to the capabilities and threat posed by the weapon.

Last edited:

The first was: "I don't recall ever seeing the right to liberty in the Bill of Rights." I told you to see the 5th Amendment.

The second was: "The right to vote isn't explicitly mentioned in the Constitution." I mistakenly said to see Article I, Clause 2, when I should have said Article 1, Section 2. Which is the FIRST place the Constitution mentions voter qualifications, which provides a right to vote if you meet the qualifications.

So drop the crap about Article 2, that comes from you imagination not my arguments. You also did not address my comments on your delusional statement about militias.

You claim it's a right to liberty, because it mentions it can be deprived by due process of law.

The right of suffrage was left up to the states to determine. Try reading towards the bottom when it was brought up from the Records of the Federal Convention!

No, the declaration of independence established the right to liberty, the 5th Amendment establishes you can't be deprived of it without due process, which confirms it as a right along with life and property.

You finally got something right, that's why Article 1, Section 2 used the qualification of a person being an elector for the most numerous house of the STATE legislature. That qualification was established by the State but was the requirement for voting in Federal Elections.

something tells me that being picked off by a drone would kind of violate the whole due process thing.

something tells me that being picked off by a drone would kind of violate the whole due process thing.

Can you say the perils of fleeing justice. Check with Chris Dorner on the subject.

Last edited:

a. Fully and clearly expressed; leaving nothing implied.

Source: explicitly - definition of explicitly by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Source: explicitly - definition of explicitly by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Semantics, the last bastion of a loser. Good job baby boy, good job. BTW there was nothing ambiguous about Article 1, Section 2.

Last edited:
Says she who speaks from a position of minldessness, ignorance and bigotry.

Not a single assault rifle, one legally owned by a cilivian, has ever been used in a crime.

If assault rifle were never sold in the first place, NO crimes would ever have been committed with any assault rifles.

Now go stoke your still.

C'mon, get a grip buddy, now you're comparing assault weapons to hammers and knives! :lmao:

But OKTex, "Semantics, the last bastion of a loser" is VERY FUNNY TOO!!!! :rofl:

Buddy, all you got is to call me names? Figures. You never were able to give me ONE solid reason to need an assault weapon.
You clearly aren't paying attention.
As you are obviously incapable of adding anything of value to this board, I shall waste no further time on you.

Anytime you think of a good reason to need an assault weapon, just let me know... if you can even come up with one. :D

An assault weapons ban has noting to do with background checks for EVERY gun sale (which is what the gun show loophole is all about)

92% of Americans want to see background checks on EVERY gun sale.

If Democrats try to over-reach on this one, they will blow their chance at enacting background checks.

Now go stoke your still.

C'mon, get a grip buddy, now you're comparing assault weapons to hammers and knives! :lmao:

But OKTex, "Semantics, the last bastion of a loser" is VERY FUNNY TOO!!!! :rofl:

You know blunt objects kill more people than rifles of all types, much less your so called assault rifles. But hey let's not let facts get in the way of a good fantasy.

Semantics, the last bastion of a loser. Good job baby boy, good job. BTW there was nothing ambiguous about Article 1, Section 2.

Fully and clearly expressed; leaving nothing implied is not semantics. You believe there is a right to life, liberty, or property, explicitly stated in the 5th Amendment, when it only states the conditions of depriving the person.

You know blunt objects kill more people than rifles of all types, much less your so called assault rifles. But hey let's not let facts get in the way of a good fantasy.

When was the last time mass murder in a school was done with a blunt object? :lmao:

An assault weapons ban has noting to do with background checks for EVERY gun sale (which is what the gun show loophole is all about)

If Democrats try to over-reach on this one, they will blow their chance at enacting background checks.

The legislation shouldn't be poison pilled. If a bunch of things are lumped together, it gives an excuse to vote against it. Background checks should be a no brainer, but it would be hard to enforce on private sales not in the public eye.

yea, he likes to divert the argument away from anything but the facts. game over

The legislation shouldn't be poison pilled. If a bunch of things are lumped together, it gives an excuse to vote against it. Background checks should be a no brainer, but it would be hard to enforce on private sales not in the public eye.

as long as these background checks get to determine who is qualified to vote too

as long as these background checks get to determine who is qualified to vote too

The only thing you right-wingers do is suppress the vote. Why don't you show us the requirements to register to vote in your state?

Fully and clearly expressed; leaving nothing implied is not semantics. You believe there is a right to life, liberty, or property, explicitly stated in the 5th Amendment, when it only states the conditions of depriving the person.

Why didn't you complete the sentence. It only states the conditions for depriving the person of those RIGHTS. Thus explicitly reaffirming them as such. Next

Forum List

Back