Do you think the minimum wage needs to be raised?

She has no experience. He said so. But why should that shut her out of a full time job?
Because historically, grocery store clerks, gas station attendants and other low income jobs have ALWAYS been part time.
Bullshit.
Any link to prove that?
General knowledge. Why offer a full time job in positions that students historically take.
IOW I have no proof.
I have known many full time grocery clerks. That right there means your post is nonsense.
But I thought you said they weren't hiring full time anymore? Make up your mind! :lmao:
Wow, you're a smart one!
If people are working full time jobs now that doesnt mean they were hired yesterday.
And I never wrote they werent hiring full time. Lots of previously full time jobs suddenly became part time because of Obamacare. That doesnt mean there are no full time jobs. Just that they're rarer.
Doubtless that explanation is way too subtle for you to understand.

Because historically, grocery store clerks, gas station attendants and other low income jobs have ALWAYS been part time.
Bullshit.
Any link to prove that?
General knowledge. Why offer a full time job in positions that students historically take.
IOW I have no proof.
I have known many full time grocery clerks. That right there means your post is nonsense.
But I thought you said they weren't hiring full time anymore? Make up your mind! :lmao:
Wow, you're a smart one!
If people are working full time jobs now that doesnt mean they were hired yesterday.
And I never wrote they werent hiring full time. Lots of previously full time jobs suddenly became part time because of Obamacare. That doesnt mean there are no full time jobs. Just that they're rarer.
You must live in a tiny town where there aren't many jobs. or people.

Yes, I do.

I understand that the rich can spend it better and more effciently, but allowing 80% of the country to be poor and living below the ability to even feed themselves is very bad for this country. The 50%, making money, producing(supply) and spending it(demand) is far better for our economy when we pay them right.

10.00 per hour isn't asking for too much.
Bullshit.
People get paid what they're worth. You want more money? Get better job skills.

Then don't whine about the state of our country when 80% of our country looks like Vietnam. A large middle class is created by fair working policies that don't allow the super rich to take all the wealth for themselves. They certainly don't earn that kind of money, so why should they be allowed to it???

The real producer is the worker slaving away for hours. I support giving the rich as much as they earn. ;) If they have good skills that earn a lot of money for the business. I don't have a problem with them. All I am asking for is fairness.

The real producer is the worker slaving away for hours. I support giving the rich as much as they earn. ;) If they have good skills that earn a lot of money for the business. I don't have a problem with them. All I am asking for is fairness.
Sorry bro but scanning products is NOT slaving away. Your assertion is preposterous.

I have no problem with an increase in the minimum wage to 7.75 or maybe 8.00 dollars an hour but doubling it to 15.00 dollars an hour as some want get real.
Why do you have no probem with it? Do you want people to lose their jobs?
Because I don't believe a 50 to 75 cent increase will cost people their jobs where doubling it would this about what past increases in the minimum wage have been. People making minimum wage do deserve a bump in pay but you have to be realistic about how much. It has been almost five years since the last increase it was ten years between increases before that the last increase was 70 cents the one before that was 1.40 I don't really feel what I'm suggesting is way out of bounds.

Last edited:
You award loyalty, hard work and tenure..that is what should increase ones wages, not the government!

Bullshit.
Any link to prove that?
IOW I have no proof.
Wow, you're a smart one!
If he does or not is quite irrelevant. Why can't some of you get it through your skulls? Just because YOU don't witness it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Bunch of self centered motherfuckers

I have no problem with an increase in the minimum wage to 7.75 or maybe 8.00 dollars an hour but doubling it to 15.00 dollars an hour as some want get real.
Because I don't believe a 50 to 75 cent increase will cost people their jobs where doubling it would this about what past increases in the minimum wage have been. People making minimum wage do deserve a bump in pay but you have to be realistic about how much.
Job performance determines pay not need.

IOW I have no proof.
Wow, you're a smart one!
If he does or not is quite irrelevant. Why can't some of you get it through your skulls? Just because YOU don't witness it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

No, it is not irrelevant. Low skilled jobs in small towns with a small population have no choice but to hire full time employees as there aren't the human resources to fully staff.

If so you should support the repeal of Obamacare. That simple act would unleash businesses to hire full time workers instead of part time which would result in a 25% increase in any minimum wage workers take home pay for a yearly total of approximately 4k additional income.

If you don't support this action then you have no right to piss & moan about minimum wage. PERIOD
I think it's fair to say ObamaCare has caused some harm to the economy, but to suggest it is the single cause for the shortage of full time jobs is absolutely ridiculous. Just because it sounds like it makes sense it is the reason, it doesn't mean it actually is and you can't prove it is.

Raising the minimum wage would lift 10s of millions of people out of poverty; more people could pay taxes; much less people would qualify for government assistance; and any initial cost to the economy would be regained and more with the huge boost of consumer spending.

The good far outweighs the bad.
I never said it was the single cause. It is a huge contributor however. And since when is it the government's job to determine what the greater good is when it comes to our personal lives? Life, LIBERTY & the pursuit of happiness be damned eh...

Because I don't believe a 50 to 75 cent increase will cost people their jobs where doubling it would this about what past increases in the minimum wage have been. People making minimum wage do deserve a bump in pay but you have to be realistic about how much.
That is true but the minimum wage is simply the lowest wage you can start at the debate here is should that lowest level be bumped up a little after your hired your job performance still determines where your pay goes from there not need.

That is true but the minimum wage is simply the lowest wage you can start at the debate here is should that lowest level be bumped up a little after your hired your job performance still determines where your pay goes from there not need.
Dunno about your area but VERY FEW places here pay minimum wage, including fast food. Most of them advertise here between 8 & 9.

But the point of this thread wasn't about the need for an increase so much as it was for the hypocrisy of the left

Because I don't believe a 50 to 75 cent increase will cost people their jobs where doubling it would this about what past increases in the minimum wage have been. People making minimum wage do deserve a bump in pay but you have to be realistic about how much. It has been almost five years since the last increase it was ten years between increases before that the last increase was 70 cents the one before that was 1.40 I don't really feel what I'm suggesting is way out of bounds.
So id the last increase didnt help anyone and send this country to nirvana why would an increase as you propose do any better?

Dunno about your area but VERY FEW places here pay minimum wage, including fast food. Most of them advertise here between 8 & 9.

But the point of this thread wasn't about the need for an increase so much as it was for the hypocrisy of the left
Cant say I have not had to apply for a job in over ten years so I can't say what they are advertising as their starting pay. I'm just trying to point out to those on the right who are against any minimum wage increase and those on the left who want to double it that there is a middle ground.

IOW I have no proof.
Wow, you're a smart one!

No, it is not irrelevant. Low skilled jobs in small towns with a small population have no choice but to hire full time employees as there aren't the human resources to fully staff.
I live in a city with a metro area of over 1M people.
So you have been wrong on every post on thsi thread. Maybe quit while you;re way behind?

Hey rabbit. What's a full time internet poster like yourself get paid? Is it what you are worth? Not much eh?
I think you would be better off working with your friend the full time grocery clerk.

Rabbit, be glad there is a MW. It's way more than you are worth.

Hey rabbit. What's a full time internet poster like yourself get paid? Is it what you are worth? Not much eh?
I think you would be better off working with your friend the full time grocery clerk.

Rabbit, be glad there is a MW. It's way more than you are worth.
I make tons of money reminding you to go buy more Blatz. I get a royalty check with every sixer you buy. Sending my kids through college on it. Yup.

I live in a city with a metro area of over 1M people.
So you have been wrong on every post on thsi thread. Maybe quit while you;re way behind?

RABBIT, have you been drinking all day again. Edit rabbit edit.

So id the last increase didnt help anyone and send this country to nirvana why would an increase as you propose do any better?
You would have to ask those who were earning the minimum wage at that time if it helped them my guess would be most would say making more helps how much depends on the persons situation. I don't recall those increases destroying the country or sending us into a recession either.

Forum List

Back