Does anyone have a bundled cell phone, TV and internet?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
I think I saw that Xfinity has a bundle for cell phone, TV and internet. I'm wondering if anyone has a plan like that and if they don't mind describing what it covers and the monthly cost.

I think I saw that Xfinity has a bundle for cell phone, TV and internet. I'm wondering if anyone has a plan like that and if they don't mind describing what it covers and the monthly cost.
Yes, we have our land line, cable, internet and mobile phones bundled on Xfinity. I don't know if it is a substantial saving over getting each individually but Xfinity has been an exceedingly stable and customer friendly service so we stay with them. Our cost for it all is just under $200. (We don't get premium channels with our service to save money.)

The mobile phone service is free if you don't use any data or $11/gig of data (going up to $30/gig in a month or two) or they do have an unlimited plan that is a bit cheaper than say Verizon or AT&T if you bundle. Hombre and I get to share the data allowance and together rarely use more than a gig of data so our cost for mobile service is $11/mo plus a little bit in fees and taxes for two mobile lines. You can provide your own phone or they will sell you a good one for a very reasonable price that you can pay out over two years if you want to.

Last edited:
I cut the cable a couple years ago, but now, I get my internet, TV and telephone all through Starlink. The hardware cost for Starlink was a one time $600, which was a bit steep. Starlink and internet is $120/mo, TV (hulu plus) is $82, and I just canceled my wired landline and went to Ooma telephone ($100 initial outlay for hardware at Costco) but my monthly charge for telephone that includes many services and unlimited long distance is only $7.68. So I get it all for about $210/mo. Between the free streaming services and Hulu Plus, I get more viewing options than any of the cable companies offered for much less---after initial hardware costs. One big plus for us where we live, the Starlink dish has a heater, so I don't have to clear snow from it in the winter time. If you are satisfied with free streaming services, you can cut the total to about $130/mo.

• Banned
Yes, we have our land line, cable, internet and mobile phones bundled on Xfinity. I don't know if it is a substantial saving over getting each individually but Xfinity has been an exceedingly stable and customer friendly service so we stay with them. Our cost for it all is just under $200. (We don't get premium channels with our service to save money.)

The mobile phone service is free if you don't use any data or $11/gig of data (going up to $30/gig in a month or two) or they do have an unlimited plan that is a bit cheaper than say Verizon or AT&T if you bundle. Hombre and I get to share the data allowance and together rarely use more than a gig of data so our cost for mobile service is $11/mo plus a little bit in fees and taxes. You can provide your own phone or they will sell you a good one for a very reasonable price that you can pay out over two years if you want to.
Thanks so much, that's very helpful! I estimated our bundled cost would be a little over 200 which would be better than our current bundle with Cox and separate mobile phones with AT&T.

• Banned
I cut the cable a couple years ago, but now, I get my internet, TV and telephone all through Starlink. The hardware cost for Starlink was a one time $600, which was a bit steep. Starlink and internet is $120/mo, TV (hulu plus) is $82, and I just canceled my wired landline and went to Ooma telephone ($100 initial outlay for hardware at Costco) but my monthly charge for telephone that includes many services and unlimited long distance is only $7.68. So I get it all for about $210/mo. Between the free streaming services and Hulu Plus, I get more viewing options than any of the cable companies offered for much less---after initial hardware costs. One big plus for us where we live, the Starlink dish has a heater, so I don't have to clear snow from it in the winter time. If you are satisfied with free streaming services, you can cut the total to about $130/mo.
Interesting, I haven't heard much about Starlink here in Arizona I'm a little leery about going that route but I appreciate the info.

Interesting, I haven't heard much about Starlink here in Arizona I'm a little leery about going that route but I appreciate the info.
I live in the sticks and don't have any other high speed options for internet/streaming. DISH, DIRECTV, and Hughesnet were ridiculously slow and not very dependable. Starlink has been FAST, reliable and really easy. There is definitely a learning curve and installation and set up is on you, but it is pretty straight forward.

One word of advice if you go with Xfinity. Use their chat service on their website to solve problems or get information. A whole lot of their techs speak very VERY accented English and can be very difficult to understand but they do speak English in a pinch. Most are located in places like India or the Philippines.

My last encounter when their chat service was down was with a guy in the Philippines who actually did speak pretty good English. But it was a bit unnerving (in a non threatening way) to realize that a guy 7000 miles away was able to look into our internet modem and what was happening in our TV. He did get the problem fixed though.

• Banned
I live in the woods, and Frontier is the only game in town. My line goes under bushes, up into tree branches, on the ground, and, I am not kidding you, wrapped around a stop sign. :eusa_doh:
Well I guess along with the beauty of living in nature you have to sometimes deal with stuff like that. :)

One word of advice if you go with Xfinity. Use their chat service on their website to solve problems or get information. A whole lot of their techs speak very VERY accented English and can be very difficult to understand but they do speak English in a pinch. Most are located in places like India or the Philippines.

My last encounter when their chat service was down was with a guy in the Philippines who actually did speak pretty good English. But it was a bit unnerving (in a non threatening way) to realize that a guy 7000 miles away was able to look into our internet modem and what was happening in our TV. He did get the problem fixed though.
Well it wasn't easy but I got us transferred from Cox and ATT over to an Xfinity bundle. The TV and Internet wasn't too bad, basically a day with the tech redoing in-house hook-ups and such. The 4 phone lines were a pain, especially one iphone 11 that wouldn't work with eSim. But finally got er done, Yay!

Well it wasn't easy but I got us transferred from Cox and ATT over to an Xfinity bundle. The TV and Internet wasn't too bad, basically a day with the tech redoing in-house hook-ups and such. The 4 phone lines were a pain, especially one iphone 11 that wouldn't work with eSim. But finally got er done, Yay!
And now you get the enjoy the occasionally but quite predictable raise in rates that we spend a lot of time on Comcast protesting. :) (But that seems to be the case with all of them. Comcast is expensive but it is nice having all our TVs (we have 5), our wi-fi, land line, and mobile phones on one system so that one call for a tech can take care of all of them and ensure they work together. And Hombre and I have separate phone numbers but one Comcast mobile account that is really cheap because we're bundled so altogether not so expensive.)

And now you get the enjoy the occasionally but quite predictable raise in rates that we spend a lot of time on Comcast protesting. :) (But that seems to be the case with all of them. Comcast is expensive but it is nice having all our TVs (we have 5), our wi-fi, land line, and mobile phones on one system so that one call for a tech can take care of all of them and ensure they work together. And Hombre and I have separate phone numbers but one Comcast mobile account that is really cheap because we're bundled so altogether not so expensive.)
Oh sure they all do it. But with the bundle we are saving about $200 per month over having Cox and ATT separate so we have some "margin" to work with. :)

Forum List

Back