Does this portend a trend?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
About one in 10 Americans who plan to cast a vote this election will do so for the first time in years, if ever, and Trump holds a decided edge with them, according to polling by Reuters/Ipsos.
(http://tmsnrt.rs/1SgeLvi)

I think it wise to wait until the actual vote to predict where all the new voters will fall

Granny says, "Dat's right...

... makes it easier to figger out...

... who the winner gonna be too."

About one in 10 Americans who plan to cast a vote this election will do so for the first time in years, if ever, and Trump holds a decided edge with them, according to polling by Reuters/Ipsos.

Yes, as long as it is voters who have not voted in years, and I am glad that was pointed out. It is the anger vote coming to fruition!

I know that every lefty on here is going to mark this post funny or skewer me for it, but the truth is................if these trends continue with the GOP winning almost every issue important to the vast majority of Americans, the DNC will collapse this election. If a Republican wins the White House, his coattails will probably hold the Senate, and the GOP will keep the House. This means the Democrats will be out of power not only in Washington DC, but the vast majority of states also.

Wouldn't that be amazing! The DNC has been spewing the GOP is dead, and thanks to Obama, Hillary, and Bernie, they were correct; except for one word........they meant the DEMOCRATS-)

No candidates that has maintained a lead like Trumps have not gone on to win the nomination. It's becoming more and more likely that Trump's the GOP guy. (please oh please oh please oh please!)

No candidates that has maintained a lead like Trumps have not gone on to win the nomination. It's becoming more and more likely that Trump's the GOP guy. (please oh please oh please oh please!)
LOL, it'll be interesting to see if you're so enthusiastic about it if Trump actually wins the Presidency, history and current events are on the side of the GOP for 2016 after all. You might want to rethink that "please oh, please oh......" meme, else you're likely to get exactly what you wish for and end up regretting it.

And I hear the dead Dims, dating all the way back to the Civil War, are likely to also vote.

LOL, it'll be interesting to see if you're so enthusiastic about it if Trump actually wins the Presidency, history and current events are on the side of the GOP for 2016 after all. You might want to rethink that "please oh, please oh......" meme, else you're likely to get exactly what you wish for and end up regretting it.

Polls do not bear out your fantasy. If the GOP nominates Trump, Goldwater's loss will pale in comparison.

I simply expect the most corrupt person to win.
Amen to that Votto. Americans like their corruption the same way they like their bullshit; in the biggest, most concentrated dose available. :D

"It's all bullshit, folks and it's bad for ya" -- George Carlin

But you can change it all with just one vote to the appointed stooge of each party don't ya know.

Polls do not bear out your fantasy. If the GOP nominates Trump, Goldwater's loss will pale in comparison.
You mean my nightmare; perhaps you should go look at "the polls" again, while you're doing that look at what history says happens to the White House after one party has been in the Oval Office for 8 years, then see if you can figure out which party has the upper hand when it comes to the top issue of the day (National Security).

Doesn't matter to me whether Trump or Clinton wins; either way we're screwed, the only saving grace on a Trump win is being able to watch you smug partisan lemmings go apoplectic.

Last edited:

You mean my nightmare; perhaps you should go look at "the polls" again, while you're doing that look at what history says happens to the White House after one party has been in the Oval Office for 8 years, then see if you can figure out which party has the upper hand when it comes to the top issue of the day (National Security).

Doesn't matter to me whether Trump or Clinton wins; either way we're screwed, they only saving grace on a Trump win is being able to watch you smug partisan lemmings go apoplectic.

I think you will see more "Bernies" in the future.

The government keeps growing and, as a result, is destined to take over pretty much everything.

Doesn't matter to me whether Trump or Clinton wins; either way we're screwed, they only saving grace on a Trump win is being able to watch you smug partisan lemmings go apoplectic.

Trump changes that dynamic. If the GOP decided they were going to nominate someone reasonable, a Romney or a Bush, then you're absolutely right, convention shows that the power shifts. The GOP doesn't look like they are going to nominate someone reasonable. Trump defies convention.

Now that may mean that, for the first time, the candidate with as big a lead as Trump and for as long will not end up being the GOP nominee, but if it's Cruz, the GOP is in the same boat. If you want to win, you have to nominate someone palatable to the entire country.

Better get used to saying President Clinton...again.

I guess they'd be Mr. and Mrs. President wouldn't they?

I think you will see more "Bernies" in the future.

The government keeps growing and, as a result, is destined to take over pretty much everything.

That's what history indicates, it's almost an inevitable fate of any nation state that doesn't get completely wiped out by external forces. The nation-state model is neither durable nor scalable, so eventually they become victims of their own success. :(

Forum List

Back