Dollar Shave Club just went bankrupt.

Pete7469

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2013
The Real World
Morally anyway....

Here is part of an email I got from them.

Action matters and conversation matters, but financial support matters too. Alongside each of our Unilever sister brands, DSC will contribute $100,000 to Black Lives Matter. Additionally, for every dollar that our employees collectively donate to this cause, DSC's leadership team will personally match those dollars, up to $25,000.

I will never give money to a company that funds terrorist organizations.

Now I've gotta use fuckin Bic razors.

Goddamn commies.

Morally anyway....

Action matters and conversation matters, but financial support matters too. Alongside each of our Unilever sister brands, DSC will contribute $100,000 to Black Lives Matter. Additionally, for every dollar that our employees collectively donate to this cause, DSC's leadership team will personally match those dollars, up to $25,000.

Goddamn commies.

you should appreciate the company

Morally anyway....

Goddamn commies.

The Dollar Shave Club used to be a Sean Hannity sponsor

not anymore I suppose

Morally anyway....

Goddamn commies.

not anymore I suppose

Unless they pull their sponsorship, I doubt Hannity will drop them. I'm pretty sure he is lacking in any real principles, he'll take anyone's money as long as they're willing to give it.

There is only one way for a man to shave ...

29l_RG_set__63768.1580865979.jpg

Morally anyway....

Goddamn commies.

Which business hasn't bent a knee to Boon Lives Matter? In the new USSA you bend the knee, or you are pogrommed.

Morally anyway....

Goddamn commies.

not anymore I suppose

Unless they pull their sponsorship, I doubt Hannity will drop them. I'm pretty sure he is lacking in any real principles, he'll take anyone's money as long as they're willing to give it.
Its more likely that leftwing wackos are bombarding the company with hate mail and this is their feeble attempt to buy some love

Morally anyway....

Goddamn commies.

not anymore I suppose
No problemo. JoeyB Dolezal can make all of Hannity’s sponsors disappear with the click of his lying imagination...poof!

Morally anyway....

Goddamn commies.

not anymore I suppose
No problemo. JoeyB Dolezal can make all of Hannity’s sponsors disappear with the click of his lying imagination...poof!
You lost me with the name JoeyB Dolezal

They've got people running scared, that's for sure. I guess murdering all those people got them some leverage over people who don't like to be murdered.

View attachment 346464

iu

I used a straight for years. In order to get a good shave, you have to keep the razor sharpened and honed. That requires stones, pastes, and strops. You need a second straight, if you decide to send one out for honing.

On the other hand, I bought 300 Feather brand safety blades (much less safe than the name implies) for less than $100 which will last me a decade. Longer if I don't shave on my days off.

Its more likely that leftwing wackos are bombarding the company with hate mail and this is their feeble attempt to buy some love

That's just the thing though, how many of the man bun wearing soy boy bed wetters even shave regularly, let alone even bathe?

View attachment 346464

iu

I used a straight for years. In order to get a good shave, you have to keep the razor sharpened and honed. That requires stones, pastes, and strops. You need a second straight, if you decide to send one out for honing.

On the other hand, I bought 300 Feather brand safety blades (much less safe than the name implies) for less than $100 which will last me a decade. Longer if I don't shave on my days off.

I don't use one myself, but I did have a barber give me a shave with one a few years back in Albuquerque... it was more than a shave, it was an experience.

Yet another sign of the Reign of Terror being carried out by the Church of Woke. All the virtue signaling really won't save DSC.

Last edited:

View attachment 346464

iu

I don't use one myself, but I did have a barber give me a shave with one a few years back in Albuquerque... it was more than a shave, it was an experience.

In the hands of a pro, a straight shave is awesome. The second best thing a man can pay to have done to him.

On the other hand, DIY is less pampering on a daily basis.

Morally anyway....

Goddamn commies.

Hey man..old school single blades work. Personna makes these cheap doubles that are solid with a hair-pusher-outer on the back. You push the hairs out and can bang it on the side of the sink without it falling apart.. Like $6 a 6-pack..or is that 12? FYI: Personna makes most of the razor blades in America. They supply all the others.
I've been using an old women's leg razor with old blades, that worked great for like 5 years...then I bought some "current gen" blades which wear out really quick. I'm used to Wilkinson Swords n stuff.

If anyone can recommend a current-day Wilkinson Sword-type blade, that'd be nice.

I got shaved once with a straightrazor by an old Viet guy, towel on the face and all. He knew what he was doing.
The hot towel on the face is part of it. It's like an institution that's been going on since the 1800s.

It's a tried and proven way of getting it done.

My shave today was courtesy of an "ST2" that I've had for years and not used. These newer double-sided blades are not what the older ones were. Thinner, last 1/4 as long. Not happy. I still have a few of the older ones.
Today I tested and used the ST2 double-blade Personna design from several years back, it got it done properly.

It has a little thing that pushes the hair out from between the blades, I keep an old toothbrush handy, too.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back