Dorner Aftermath: He had an assault rifle, but was crushed by the government anyway

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Now that the coward Dorner is dead, we can analyze a lot of things about what happened. I will never again refer to him as a cop or military man. He was neither. He was employed by the LAPD and the Navy. But a true cop or military man would never had done what he did. He, like the Fort Hood terrorist, were merely employed by those agencies.

Now...the first question. Tactics. He had an assault rifle. Guns are the hot issue right now. Some say the 2nd amendment is to protect from a tyrannical government in a defensive situation. Well, once the coward was located and pinned down, he had an assault rifle and many pistols Im sure. He was crushed by the SWAT teams once it became a fair fight rather than his cowardly ambush tactics. He had no chance. This wasnt the Army or Marines. It was a county SWAT team, and he was crushed.

Does the 2nd Amendment still give protection against government tyranny? If a guy with his military training and police training cant defeat a county SWAT team, what chance does the common man have? Something to think about with the gun control issue.

Next, we have the hot topic about drones. Just food for thought. But, if the LAPD and county sheriffs dept knew 100% for a fact that Dorner did NOT have a hostage (they didnt know that, but, this is just for discussion), but, if they knew he didnt, would a small drone explosive have been appropriate for that, rather than continued gunfighting in the community? He was an active domestic terrorist.

Anyway, just a couple tactical thoughts to discuss.

So what's your point, resisitance is futile, you will be assimilated?

Do what the government tells you, or you will be immolated?

Let's kill people with drones?

Love the government or die?

WTF is up with you?

Has anything been actually confirmed? last night they were saying it may be days before they confirm the body is his.

WTF is up with you?

No. Im brining up the discussion.

Some say 1 of the many reasons to own an assault rifle is the 2nd amendment and the need to be able to resist government tyranny. This is an example, and the coward was crushed, no chance. So, Im saying the "resist government tyranny" argument is not valid.

As for drones...was Dorner a terrorist? Yes. The cops were in a long shootout. Im asking, if it was known there were no hostages, would a quick drone hit to end it instantly have been legal and/or appropriate?

They found a charred body with the coward's driver's license with it. But you're right, not technically confirmed yet.

WTF is up with you?

Some say 1 of the many reasons to own an assault rifle is the 2nd amendment and the need to be able to resist government tyranny. This is an example, and the coward was crushed, no chance. So, Im saying the "resist government tyranny" argument is not valid.

As for drones...was Dorner a terrorist? Yes. The cops were in a long shootout. Im asking, if it was known there were no hostages, would a quick drone hit to end it instantly have been legal and/or appropriate?

Your argument has no validity either, had only one colonist resisted King George he would have been crushed also and we would still belong to England.

Last edited:

WTF is up with you?

Yeah....one man crusades usually end bad.
I would like to think that if it got so bad that gun play was required I would have some comrade in arms to help me out.
I cant think of a one man rebellion that ever succeeded.

Ah. So you guys say it would take something so bad that mass groups of assault rifled Americans rose up. What would that take? And, do you really think OUR military and cops would inflict such tyranny to necessitate owning these weapons? I for one do not think either would do that.

Now that the coward Dorner is dead, we can analyze a lot of things about what happened. I will never again refer to him as a cop or military man. He was neither. He was employed by the LAPD and the Navy. But a true cop or military man would never had done what he did. He, like the Fort Hood terrorist, were merely employed by those agencies.

Now...the first question. Tactics. He had an assault rifle. Guns are the hot issue right now. Some say the 2nd amendment is to protect from a tyrannical government in a defensive situation. Well, once the coward was located and pinned down, he had an assault rifle and many pistols Im sure. He was crushed by the SWAT teams once it became a fair fight rather than his cowardly ambush tactics. He had no chance. This wasnt the Army or Marines. It was a county SWAT team, and he was crushed.

Does the 2nd Amendment still give protection against government tyranny? If a guy with his military training and police training cant defeat a county SWAT team, what chance does the common man have? Something to think about with the gun control issue.

Next, we have the hot topic about drones. Just food for thought. But, if the LAPD and county sheriffs dept knew 100% for a fact that Dorner did NOT have a hostage (they didnt know that, but, this is just for discussion), but, if they knew he didnt, would a small drone explosive have been appropriate for that, rather than continued gunfighting in the community? He was an active domestic terrorist.

The second amendment has nothing to do whatsoever with resisting Tyrannical government. Nothing..absolutely nothing..in the United States Constitution supports taking up arms against the Federal Government.

That's the realm of traitors.

The second amendment has nothing to do whatsoever with resisting Tyrannical government. Nothing..absolutely nothing..in the United States Constitution supports taking up arms against the Federal Government.

I think the 2nd is meant more for:

- The allowance of armed citizens for policing purposes (organized PD's didnt exist in 1776)
- Since the Founders, we hear, wanted small government, then that would mean a small, modest military (which we didnt follow), thus, the people would need guns to defend themselves from foreign invasions......you know, since a small government would by definition only have a small military.

Just how I feel about it. It absolutely DOES give us the right to own guns. But not to resist our own government.

Seems King Geroge had the same attitude.

"OKTexas", I bet you sit up at night and fantasize about resisting in an armed rebellion, dont ya haha?

I think the 2nd is meant more for:

- The allowance of armed citizens for policing purposes (organized PD's didnt exist in 1776)
- Since the Founders, we hear, wanted small government, then that would mean a small, modest military (which we didnt follow), thus, the people would need guns to defend themselves from foreign invasions......you know, since a small government would by definition only have a small military.

Just how I feel about it. It absolutely DOES give us the right to own guns. But not to resist our own government.

You seem to forget that the Bill of Right was insisted upon by the States, not the feds. Remember people like Hamilton insisted they were not needed because every one knew the people had those rights already, of course he never envisioned modern law makers and lawyers that would challenge every concept of our founding.

bs, we should just sit back and let them run the fuck over us, is that what you're saying?
this was dumb dear

Obviously, he needed more than one assault rifle and several hundred-round drums. If he had only had MORE guns, he could have taken on the US government (or King George, whichever comes first ... ) And by golly, he would have won.

Isn't that what the :cuckoo: say?

So one guy alone couldn't take out a swat team and that is your proof that armed rebellion by millions would be easily put down, armed rebellion in conjunction with mass desertions by the Military and police? Really?

"OKTexas", I bet you sit up at night and fantasize about resisting in an armed rebellion, dont ya haha?

I bet you set up all night trying to think up dumb assed little quips trying to belittle people, don't ya haha?

I know our government is ran by people, just like every other government in history and I don't think we are immune form the want to be tyrants that have reared their ugly heads. The great thing about the 2nd Amendment is as long as the people have the right and ability to resist injustice, the less likely we will have to use them. So yes I think we have an obligation to preserve that right and ability, even if not necessarily for ourselves, then for future generations. How about you cancel your fire insurance, you probably won't need it today.

My god, But you are a fucking moron.

If the government ever got so out of line that Armed Resistance was the only recourse. I suspect it would be a little more than 1 guy with an assault rifle against the full weight of the Government.

You need to look up the meaning of the word Deterrence. The Idea is because we have so many privately owned guns, we will never get to the point that we need to use them.

Forum List

Back