Dow Tanks! Nu Covid Variant from South Africa

No...more of a swing trader as well as a trend trader.
I play both trends and occasionally a swing.

Because this is going to become an eventual "non-issue" due to rapid quarantines and isolation of infected countries...but it is going to provide a buying opportunity...I'm taking a shot at making money off the tanking.

The gentlemen infected in Hong Kong are in a quarantine hotel...already isolated from everyone else.
The case in Israel? Dunno but suspect something similar.

So if they have the infection of this new virus isolated we are in good shape.
This S African strain has been a known issue since at least August. It's too late once again for any of these quarantines and the like. Sure, it will slow the spread of the strain, but by how much?

How successful have past attempts at isolating the strains been? You're living in a fairy tale world if you think we're in good shape. But it's your money to lose, not mine.....

Like I said, around 16,000 as a possible stopping point for the DOW. Think that cant happen? Most major market corrections are in the 50% range so this is well within the realm of possibilities.

I would sure be willing to wager with you on it not happening.

I guess I should also correct you first...A correction is generally agreed to be a 10% to 20% drop in value from a recent peak.

NASCAR_Daytona_Nation_Hoga_t600.jpg

And in curve 3 the vaccine is spinning out. Out comes the yellow flag.

It means that nobody is using it now...

Travel, shipping and trade is blocked from going to or from South Africa. Natural gas is up also for similar reasons. (Also Biden has made drilling for new sources or supplies impossible and now is at an all time low) meaning that what Wells we have currently is it...no more will be available.

So today is a great day to buy...just picked up some Diamondback Energy because it was down 9% on a low volume day. But they do a LOT of natural gas and no matter what we will need it for electricity production, heating, and fertilizers. But Nat Gas is a by-product of petroleum drilling. Usually coming out of shale formations.

So...where it's temporarily a bad thing...it keeps many of the large investors out of the game...and those are the ones that really make things happen.
Prove that Joe Bidon has made drilling impossible for new supplies and new sources.

I would sure be willing to wager with you on it not happening.

I guess I should also correct you first...A correction is generally agreed to be a 10% to 20% drop in value from a recent peak.
I said it's a possibility it's not a guarantee.

You are right a correction by DEFINITION in that range. So yes I need to correct myself. What I was trying to say is that when we have MAJOR market meltdowns, hitting 50% on the downside can and has happened, so a drop in the DOW down to the 16,000 range is within the realm of possibilities if this thing blows up.

Deffo the new variant. Its a grim day everywhere. As already stated it should bounce back on monday. Unless you lot have another holiday planned.

Deffo the new variant. Its a grim day everywhere. As already stated it should bounce back on monday. Unless you lot have another holiday planned.
I see the opposite. Take a look at the historical market charts.....this market has been parabolic for a while. This is a perfect time to wipe out the little guy ie $10 million or less. I see Monday as a bloodbath.

So, gas prices going down is a bad thing?

Then why have people been whining about the high gas prices for the past 10 months?

You people are so confusing.
That vaccine mandate will clear it all up when
the truckers go on strike.

Bitcoin enters bear market territory as risk assets plunge on new Covid variant

It's going to be a rough Christmas season.

Markets are tanking globally as several countries in South Africa are isolated with new travel restrictions. The Rand is bottoming out.

Apparently it's a new variant with 30+ variations to the spike proteins so it's as infectious as Delta (possibly more) and capable of circumventing any vaccine to date. Researchers are guessing that it came from someone who was HIV positive that got infected with Covid.

What a mess!
Inferring anything from the daily numbers is ignorant idiocy.

We assume there will also be a thread when stocks are back in record territory.

Prove that Joe Bidon has made drilling impossible for new supplies and new sources.
The consequences could be subtle but pervasive," said Benjamin Salisbury, an energy policy analyst at Height Capital Markets. "It will change how energy players think about future uncertainty and investments in new projects, whether that's drilling, or oil field services or pipelines. It opens up the window to new risks."

There's only an 8% profit margin in oil to begin with....and a massive slew of new fees and taxes mean no new investment in drilling. We are already at a low point in drilling with less than 46% of profits being reinvested in new sources instead of 146% which is the normal rate of reinvestment of profits.
This S African strain has been a known issue since at least August. It's too late once again for any of these quarantines and the like. Sure, it will slow the spread of the strain, but by how much?

How successful have past attempts at isolating the strains been? You're living in a fairy tale world if you think we're in good shape. But it's your money to lose, not mine.....
Actually I made around 3% today with judicious purchases.
So much for what you know eh?

The consequences could be subtle but pervasive," said Benjamin Salisbury, an energy policy analyst at Height Capital Markets. "It will change how energy players think about future uncertainty and investments in new projects, whether that's drilling, or oil field services or pipelines. It opens up the window to new risks."
That doesn't prove that Biden has made producers stop producing or refineries from refining, in fact
the oil and refinery companies in the US have exported muchas..

Gasoline Exports Surge in U.S. Even as Americans Pay Up at ...​

https://www.bloomberg.com › news › articles › u-s-gas...

Nov 5, 2021 — Most U.S. gasoline exports go to Latin America. Refiners shipped 139,000 barrels a day to Brazil, the highest volume in data going back to 1945.

U.S. crude oil exports reached record levels in 2020 and remain high in 2021

main.svg

EIA_U.S_monthly_crude_oil_production.jpg

There's only an 8% profit margin in oil to begin with....and a massive sleep of new fees and taxes mean no new investment in drilling. We are already at a low point in drilling with less than 46% of profits being reinvested in new sources instead of 146% which is the normal rate of reinvestment of profits.

Actually I made around 3% today with judicious purchases.
So much for what you know eh?
So by your "logic" you making 3% one day in the market proves me wrong. Wow. For all I know you bought puts. But thats immaterial. Your "logic" is what we're all laughing at.

U.S. drillers add oil and gas rigs for 11th month -Baker Hughes​

June 25 (Reuters) - U.S. energy firms kept the number of oil and natural gas rigs unchanged this week but added rigs for an 11th month in a row as some drillers returned to the wellpad with crude prices at their highest since 2018.

That doesn't prove that Biden has made producers stop producing or refineries from refining, in fact
the oil and refinery companies in the US have exported muchas..

Gasoline Exports Surge in U.S. Even as Americans Pay Up at ...

https://www.bloomberg.com › news › articles › u-s-gas...

Nov 5, 2021 — Most U.S. gasoline exports go to Latin America. Refiners shipped 139,000 barrels a day to Brazil, the highest volume in data going back to 1945.

U.S. crude oil exports reached record levels in 2020 and remain high in 2021

main.svg

EIA_U.S_monthly_crude_oil_production.jpg
NOT anything near what I said!

You either address what I said or you are going on ignore.

Forum List

Back