Dumbest thing ever on this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Powerman said:
Honestly D I don't see your point. Does this mean that heterosexuality is the root cause of all opposite sex child molestation?

Your inability to seperate pedophilia from consensual sex...I don't get it. It's amazing really.

Nothing has been said about consensual sex, that I recall. It's basically an argument over semantics. An adult having sexual contact with a child is pedophilia, but a male having sexual contact with another male is homosexual behaviour. Put them both together, you have a homosexual pedophile. Not sure what's so amazing about that.

Other than that, I think it's an overreaction to call the Pope a "sick criminal", but it's also not shocking considering the source.

Powerman said:
How can you say it's homosexual behavior. It's pedophilia. That's like saying that a man molesting little girls is just a heterosexual and nothing more. You are being silly. And most of the time rape isn't about sex. Rapists and child molestors are insane much like serial killers.

so gay men that rape and molest young boys are insane?

also several posts ago you said heterosexual rape is about sex....change your mind?

Powerman said:
For all of you who think I might just be shooting off at the mouth and making assumptions.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-12-22-pope-defendant_x.htm

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20051222163709990016&cid=

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/3545789.html

This should be sufficient enough sources for you to at least see that he was in fact a defendant. He was granted immunity because he is considered a head of state.

Use your brains here people. Many of you have voiced your pleasure in his homophobic ideology and have also blamed homosexuality itself for child molestation. Yet you either ignored or were completely ignorant to the fact that the Pope himself was involved in helping cover this stuff up? Come on, the guys a fucking creep.

First, the Pope was accused of being involced in a cover up. Now, the RCC's cover up of the pedophile priests is deplorable. But nothing is proven - these are accusations only.

Second, the "homophobic ideology" you are upset about is bad semantics at best. A homsexual act - whether with grown men or with boys, whether consensual or non-consensual - is a sin, according to the Bible. Therefore, all practicing homosexuals are sinning in the eyes of God. The Church would be doing itself - and the world - a disservice by tolerating sin. Therefore, the church, and the RCC in particular (getting back to your point) should not tolerate homosexual behavior.

Powerman said:
I'm about to eat lunck. I'll edit this post in about an hour or so and fill in some comments. But by the way I'm pro death penalty.

Please pass some of that lunck over here. :)

Those links you provided proved NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING.

I think you have a serious problem. You really get worked up, and have some sort of hatred for Catholicism. Im being totally serious here. If you can convict the Pope and call him the things you did based on what you have provided so far, then I would say YOU are the sick fuck.

dmp said:
The part of this you won't concede is those alleged molestations happened DECADES before this guy was Pope. He was named because he's the current pope, NOT because he had anything to do with things of 10-30 years ago.

You hate religion - that's your motivation.

No shit. I didn't say he caused the molestations. He helped cover them up. Are you on drugs?

gop_jeff said:
First, the Pope was accused of being involced in a cover up. Now, the RCC's cover up of the pedophile priests is deplorable. But nothing is proven - these are accusations only.

Second, the "homophobic ideology" you are upset about is bad semantics at best. A homsexual act - whether with grown men or with boys, whether consensual or non-consensual - is a sin, according to the Bible. Therefore, all practicing homosexuals are sinning in the eyes of God. The Church would be doing itself - and the world - a disservice by tolerating sin. Therefore, the church, and the RCC in particular (getting back to your point) should not tolerate homosexual behavior.

Do you think that being gay is more of a sin than other sins? Why is being a homosexual more of a sin than other sins that priests may commit? We all know that there is no such thing as a priest who is free of sin. So technically none of them should be priests since we shouldn't tolerate sin right?

Jimmyeatworld said:
Nothing has been said about consensual sex, that I recall. It's basically an argument over semantics. An adult having sexual contact with a child is pedophilia, but a male having sexual contact with another male is homosexual behaviour. Put them both together, you have a homosexual pedophile. Not sure what's so amazing about that.

Other than that, I think it's an overreaction to call the Pope a "sick criminal", but it's also not shocking considering the source.

There is nothing amazing about that. It's just that many on this board believe that child molestation is a product of homosexuality. That is ridiculous. You can't classify pedophiles into the same categories as consenting adults.

manu1959 said:
so gay men that rape and molest young boys are insane?

also several posts ago you said heterosexual rape is about sex....change your mind?

I said it wasn't about sex. Read again. And yes. Gay men who rape and molest young boys are insane.

Powerman said:
Do you think that being gay is more of a sin than other sins? Why is being a homosexual more of a sin than other sins that priests may commit? We all know that there is no such thing as a priest who is free of sin. So technically none of them should be priests since we shouldn't tolerate sin right?

but you don't belive in god or sin so what do even care waht a gay priest does?

Powerman said:
I said it wasn't about sex. Read again. And yes. Gay men who rape and molest young boys are insane.

sorry i get you and spiderman confused....you two being the most itelligent posters here and all.....

so if they are insane do they get to use the insanity defense and therefore do no jail time and just go to therapy till a doctor says they are better? what is your definition of insane.....beacuse i am pretty sure they know what they are doing and know the cosequences of their acts are considered wrong by societies standards..

manu1959 said:
sorry i get you and spiderman confused....you two being the most itelligent posters here and all.....

so if they are insane do they get to use the insanity defense and therefore do no jail time and just go to therapy till a doctor says they are better? what is your definition of insane.....beacuse i am pretty sure they know what they are doing and know the cosequences of their acts are considered wrong by societies standards..

It's all those math courses ya know? We who only have Math Degrees instead of Physics degrees are seriously lacking because we chose a different path....

And because Powerman, even though he didn't take all that math, simply agrees with Tuba's opinions he must, by the law of association, be as smart...

Because Math makes you SuperSmart (by Activision). And suddenly you have all the answers of the Universe....

manu1959 said:

Personally I think insane people should be locked up. So child molestors and rapists would fall into that category. If anything being insane is more of a reason to lock someone up than a sane person who would commit the same crime. If a guy murders someone because he had a serious motive then it's a crime of passion and he probably won't be much of a threat to society so long as no one rubs him the wrong way. Insane people are always a threat.

manu1959 said:
but you don't belive in god or sin so what do even care waht a gay priest does?

I'm just wondering why more magnitude is given to this sin. And since priests are supposed to not be sexually active why should anyone even inquire about their sexual preference to begin with? It shouldn't even be an issue. I'm just trying to figure out where all of this hatred of gays comes from. I think that most people intuitively hate gays and religion is just an excuse to justify it.

no1tovote4 said:
It's all those math courses ya know? We who only have Math Degrees instead of Physics degrees are seriously lacking because we chose a different path....

And because Powerman, even though he didn't take all that math, simply agrees with Tuba's opinions he must, by the law of association, be as smart...

Because Math makes you SuperSmart (by Activision). And suddenly you have all the answers of the Universe....

Not that it makes any difference but I've taken plenty of math. I'm not as educated as spidy in the physics realm however.

manu1959 said:

:laugh:

Powerman said:
Not that it makes any difference but I've taken plenty of math. I'm not as educated as spidy in the physics realm however.

An advanced degree in Physics doesn't necesarily mean that one is more intelligent than another...

That you have taken "plenty of math" still doesn't prove that you are one of the 'most intelligent two posters on the board'. In fact, that statement was probably the 'Dumbest thing ever on this forum' that I have read....

(Whatever happened to Spike?)

no1tovote4 said:
An advanced degree in Physics doesn't necesarily mean that one is more intelligent than another...

That you have taken "plenty of math" still doesn't prove that you are one of the 'most intelligent two posters on the board'. In fact, that statement was probably the 'Dumbest thing ever on this forum' that I have read....

(Whatever happened to Spike?)

Personally, I think PsychoBlah is the most intelligent. Just ask him. ;)

dilloduck said:

Because most people are straight obviously and find acts of homosexuality repugnant and therefore reject homosexuals as outcasts.

no1tovote4 said:

more than likely....given that i am a man of the arts.....and create things that people live in rather than simply deal in the abstract...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back