EBT glitch means shopping spree!

As soon as the glitch was fixed, the EBT shoppers just left their full carts blocking aisles and walked out of the store.

WPEC-TV CBS12 News :: News - Top Stories - Walmart shoppers fill carts to overflowing when EBT card system fails

Lynd explained the cards weren't showing limits and they called corporate Walmart, whose spokesman said to let the people use the cards anyway. From 7 to 9 p.m., people were loading up their carts, but when the cards began showing limits again around 9, one woman was detained because she rang up a bill of $700.00 and only had .49 on her card. She was held by police until corporate Walmart said they wouldn't press charges if she left the food.

Lynd says at 9 p.m., when the cards came back online and it was announced over the loud speaker, people just left their carts full of food in the aisles and left.

Theft of $100 is a felony in many states.

They didn't steal anything. They left it and walked out of the store with nothing.

The people who used those cards did steal. They knew they couldn't buy that much stuff, and they did it anyway. That is theft. Knowingly using a fucked up EBT card is theft by deception.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deception_(criminal_law)

Theft of $100 is a felony in many states.

They didn't steal anything. They left it and walked out of the store with nothing.

The people who used those cards did steal. They knew they couldn't buy that much stuff, and they did it anyway. That is theft. Knowingly using a fucked up EBT card is theft by deception.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deception_(criminal_law)

Absolutely! these people should be prosecuted for fraud!

The local news showed a video of the EBT card holders standing in line at the Walmart checkout with their stuffed full shopping carts.

Anyone care to guess what race they were?? .. :lol:

Some of us consider what they did theft regardless of their race. Only a racist would care what race they were.

Actually, you never answered the question, nor did you provide an answer.

Are you a member of the Tea Party? They seem to do the same things you try.

BTW.........................what was the purpose of bolding some of my post, because you never answered the questions.

But................that's kind of what those in a low information voter base do, they respond with insults and never provide facts.

What kind of tea party patriot are you Templar, are you of the Ted Cruz, or are you of the Sarah Palin/Glenn Beck ilk?

The kind who thinks he can see past the log in his own eye to remove the mote in yours, and will tell you so every chance he gets.

.......... Palin. Definitely Palin.

The kind who thinks he can see past the log in his own eye to remove the mote in yours, and will tell you so every chance he gets.

Oh come now BD.....:eusa_hand: I know that progressives like you would like to rest on the laurels that democrats, pushed to the far left as in Obama, and Reid control 2/3 of our governmental structure, so the other 1/3 must therefore just go sit in the corner and stfu, but I can assure you that the 1/3 you disagree with were elected too.

Who took advantage? The people with EBT cards who went on a spending spree with unlimited government funds, or Walmart who knew what was happening and that the government would have to pay off?

the peopple with the EBT cards. They knew there should be a limt on them, yet they decided to take advantage of the situation. Walmart, more than likely figured they couldn't stop it or rioting could ensue.
Personally? I think those that took advantage of it, knowing what their traditional limit was, should be charged and jailed, and have their benefits taken away.

it quite possibly may be criminal

LOL, like Obama would let them get in trouble, it's his voter base.

This is it guys, the proof that these people are nothing but thieves and welfare breeds thievery and thus give you more welfare.

What would the argument be, that this is an isolated case? Face it, if nation wide this glitch occurred every store that could be emptied would be. Some would take far more than others, some would only take a little more than what they know they should... But make no mistake, the constitution is dead as welfare has impaired this country.

Every person who knowingly made a purchase over and above their monthly EBT allowance has committed an act of fraud. Each of those persons should be held accountable for their actions. How can we get away from holding people accountable for their actions? Just because there is a problem with the system people think that ignorance excuses total anarchy. Those people all know how much they get per month for a food allowance and quite simply, the act of trying to get more IS criminal. Lets make people accountable for their actions and quit excusing it.

I saw video, there were line(s) of carts overfilled. There is no mistake, this is crime made leagal by Government though the guise of welfare. Anyone that ever supported welfare just lost ever debate they have ever had defending welfare.

Last edited:
Unless I'm mistaken, attempting to defraud welfare is punishable by up to three years suspension of assistance benefits for a first time offender. What good are statutes like these if we don't use them?

Oh come now BD.....:eusa_hand: I know that progressives like you would like to rest on the laurels that democrats, pushed to the far left as in Obama, and Reid control 2/3 of our governmental structure, so the other 1/3 must therefore just go sit in the corner and stfu, but I can assure you that the 1/3 you disagree with were elected too.

I think I just ignored you in another thread. Consider it carried over here. Nothing personal, I'm just killing time during lunch.

I think I just ignored you in another thread. Consider it carried over here. Nothing personal, I'm just killing time during lunch.

Perhaps you should focus more on your lunch. Thanks.

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
What was that supposed to be? A temper tantrum?

I believe "karma" as you call it paid all of you liberals a visit after lying to millions upon millions of people about "fundamentally transforming" this nation. Instilling false hope in someone is detestable.

Nope..................actually, what I call "Karma" is me hoping that the energy you send out to the world is returned to you tenfold, and I hope that you learn something from it.

I also hope you survive, because it's a dangerous road you're walking.

Are you threatening me?

And actually, I rely on the grace and mercy of God Almighty, not your karma. God's will trumps your karma. I walk the road with my Lord Jesus Christ, wielding the Armor of God.

Keep melting down, liberal.

His Karma just ran over your dogma.

I saw video, there were line(s) of carts overfilled. There is no mistake, this is crime made leagal by Government though the guise of welfare. Anyone that ever supported welfare just lost ever debate they have ever had defending welfare.

That was pretty dumb. It was a glitch in the system not a government conspiracy that would only make the current administration look bad. Are you implying the GOP had something to do with this?

Nope..................actually, what I call "Karma" is me hoping that the energy you send out to the world is returned to you tenfold, and I hope that you learn something from it.

I also hope you survive, because it's a dangerous road you're walking.

Are you threatening me?

And actually, I rely on the grace and mercy of God Almighty, not your karma. God's will trumps your karma. I walk the road with my Lord Jesus Christ, wielding the Armor of God.

OK, that's funny I don't care which side you are on.

Are you threatening me?

I fail to see the humor of it. A religious slur is far from inciting any kind of hilarity.

what this shows is they don't respect the system that was put in place to help them out. it also validates that if the system can be abused, it will be. and this has been a concern of conservatives for years, that the sytem is being abused. safeguards need to be put in place to control abuse. we have the technology at hand

I fail to see the humor of it. A religious slur is far from inciting any kind of hilarity.

Actually, it's not a religious slur, it's more of a clever play on words. You threw out a whole bunch of crap on this board against me, I explained to you how things actually work (karma), and in doing so, it kind of blew your rigid system of belief (dogma) apart.

By the way....................you said that Karma doesn't exist in the Bible (as well that I've never read it), well...................got news for you, it does and I have.

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Galatians 6:7

Galatians 6:7 KJV - Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for - Bible Gateway

Basically, that means whatever you throw out into the Universe is what you're going to get back (i.e. Karma).

Forum List

Back