Ed Orgeron is right. I want my sports back!

Ray9

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2016
LSU coach Ed Orgeron has said “We need football. Football is the lifeblood of our country.” He is right. But it is not just football, it is the safety valve of all sports and everything that goes with them. When a US sporting event is attended-baseball, football, even auto racing, humans get to revert to apes and act like fools.

They scream and yell, stomping their feet on grandstands while gobbling overpriced hotdogs and drinking beer. And they all get to do it together! No one is singled out because a kind of controlled crowd culture allows it. It is a release, a very necessary release. We came out of trees 200,000 years ago and sometimes we miss those trees. This is why Spock never really understood Kirk.

Humans do not do well in isolation. We know this from psychological studies on the effects of social/emotional sensory deprivation. Solitary-confinement prison experiences, military outposts in isolated, forbidding areas and accounts from mountaineers and lone explorers say loud and clear that we need other people to function as healthy individuals. No human is immune. Even rich socialite Patty Hearst was soon robbing banks with automatic weapons in the 1970’s when she was grabbed by the Symbionese Liberation Army.

American sports are huge! They give us a chance even for just a few hours, to climb back up into those trees and return to our roots as hairy, nasty, swinging proto humans! Thanks to technology we do not even have to be at the actual event; we have television, so we can invite others to our private tree and eat pizza while a quarterback wins a Superbowl or a batter hits a homerun.

We need sports! Sports are what separates us from hell holes like North Korea where fear and pent up rage make Otto Warmbier the rule not the exception. Falling statues, burning businesses and cops getting hit in the head with sticks are beginning to bore me.

Yes, there is Covid-19 but no sports this year is far more dangerous because those trees are turning up in our cities and soon they could be in your town. We came down from those trees to build civilization which is why we have bathtubs.

I want my sports back!

LSU coach Ed Orgeron has said “We need football. Football is the lifeblood of our country.” He is right. But it is not just football, it is the safety valve of all sports and everything that goes with them. When a US sporting event is attended-baseball, football, even auto racing, humans get to revert to apes and act like fools.

They scream and yell, stomping their feet on grandstands while gobbling overpriced hotdogs and drinking beer. And they all get to do it together! No one is singled out because a kind of controlled crowd culture allows it. It is a release, a very necessary release. We came out of trees 200,000 years ago and sometimes we miss those trees. This is why Spock never really understood Kirk.

Humans do not do well in isolation. We know this from psychological studies on the effects of social/emotional sensory deprivation. Solitary-confinement prison experiences, military outposts in isolated, forbidding areas and accounts from mountaineers and lone explorers say loud and clear that we need other people to function as healthy individuals. No human is immune. Even rich socialite Patty Hearst was soon robbing banks with automatic weapons in the 1970’s when she was grabbed by the Symbionese Liberation Army.

American sports are huge! They give us a chance even for just a few hours, to climb back up into those trees and return to our roots as hairy, nasty, swinging proto humans! Thanks to technology we do not even have to be at the actual event; we have television, so we can invite others to our private tree and eat pizza while a quarterback wins a Superbowl or a batter hits a homerun.

We need sports! Sports are what separates us from hell holes like North Korea where fear and pent up rage make Otto Warmbier the rule not the exception. Falling statues, burning businesses and cops getting hit in the head with sticks are beginning to bore me.

Yes, there is Covid-19 but no sports this year is far more dangerous because those trees are turning up in our cities and soon they could be in your town. We came down from those trees to build civilization which is why we have bathtubs.

I want my sports back!
Bullshit! It's high time this country got their fat asses up off of the damn coutch and did something themselves for a change instead of sitting like a potato watching someone else do something. This dumbass obsession with sports is not only stupid it rots the brain.

If your life is such a horrible drag that football is a relief then you have made a lot of bad choices.

I want my sports back!
College football would be the step returning to normalcy. We need it. Forget the cost, we need the outlet.

I want my sports back!
Bullshit! It's high time this country got their fat asses up off of the damn coutch and did something themselves for a change instead of sitting like a potato watching someone else do something. This dumbass obsession with sports is not only stupid it rots the brain.
How do we get off the couch when we are quarantined?

I want my sports back!
College football would be ne step returning to normalcy. We need it. Forget the cost, we need the outlet.
Maybe you should be saying you instead of we. Hell you can't even think for yourself must less live your own life

I want my sports back!

What you want doesn't matter anymore.
This is the age of the Wuhanvirus!
Be grateful that you are still alive and get creative and find other interests than being a sports rooting muppet!

..I remember when I was 14 and '''needed'' to watch sports
...the NFL and NBA are mostly BLACK millionaires --COMPLAINING!!! --and they are only 13% of the population
..fk them....they are kneeling FOR criminals ..there is not a problem of police brutality--THE problem is blacks breeding criminals at high rates and graduating at low rates = a self destructive cycle---and then they blame WHITEY!! and cops!!!!
fk them and sports .they are idiots
..all this black shit is idiocy/ridiculous

...the NFL and NBA are mostly BLACK millionaires --COMPLAINING!!! --and they are only 13% of the population
..fk them....they are kneeling FOR criminals ..there is not a problem of police brutality--THE problem is blacks breeding criminals at high rates and graduating at low rates = a self destructive cycle---and then they blame WHITEY!! and cops!!!!
I hear you harmonica. If any of the athletes kneel this year, I am with you.

I hear you harmonica. If any of the athletes kneel this year, I am with you.
..I stopped watching when they put their hands up for jackass criminal clerk/cop attacker Michael Brown

..putting their hands up for someone that:
stole
attacked a clerk
attacked a cop
blacks are idiots

I want my sports back!
College football would be the step returning to normalcy. We need it. Forget the cost, we need the outlet.
..I used to watch college football.....but I doubt I will anymore--they are all racists white haters--don't be fooled....look at Nick Cannon and Ice Cube

I want my sports back!
I have to agree. This past Saturday, I was at my local bowling alley for the first time in over a year and I have never watched the sport on TV unless it happens to be shown at some point during my favorite TV shows, the season four Perfect Strangers episode named Blind Alley being my most favorite. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly (best ever score: 137)

P.S. Sadly the bowling alley here is only open on Friday and Saturday right now due to the Covid matter.

I worked shipyards, construction, factories where some pretty tough guys busted their asses all day long and looked foreword to their sports on t.v. or at the stadiums and ball parks. l like the o.p.'s explanation of why men love sports. It goes way back in time.

Oh holy shit you said something that makes sense!

if-even-a-dbe711a631.jpg

`obviously spoken by a dumb fuck. Get off the couch? That is exactly what sports do. They get people off the couch. Of clourse if you had ever played one you would know! Dumb fuck!

Forum List

Back