Edward Snowden interview with John Oliver

Ame®icano

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2008
Michigan
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver Government Surveillance HBO - YouTube

Oliver: "Why?"
Snowden: "The NSA has greatest surveillance capabilities in the history. What they will argue is that they don't use this for nefarious purposes against Americans. In some ways that's true but the real problem is that they using these capabilities to make us vulnerable to them and then saying "while I have gun pointed at your head, I am not gonna pull the trigger, trust me"."

Thoughts?

John Oliver had a comical interview with a guy who never provided evidence of anything. Your point?

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver Government Surveillance HBO - YouTube

Oliver: "Why?"
Snowden: "The NSA has greatest surveillance capabilities in the history. What they will argue is that they don't use this for nefarious purposes against Americans. In some ways that's true but the real problem is that they using these capabilities to make us vulnerable to them and then saying "while I have gun pointed at your head, I am not gonna pull the trigger, trust me"."

Thoughts?

I loved the interview. My favorite part was when Snowden was talking about how he wanted to let Americans know how the NSA was spying on foreign countries. And Oliver literally started muttering over Snowden's words, saying 'They don't give a shit. Not one little shit."

John Oliver is who they should have put on the Daily Show.

Probably. In the entertainment world, Comedy Central's failure to secure his contract after his hosting of the Daily Show during Stewart's absense is considered an epic fuck up.

If you like then you shoulda put a ring on it.

Forum List

Back